Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Been a while my piping brothers

This is a discussion on Been a while my piping brothers within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I really used to enjoy the time spent here talking pipe tobacco and smoking and Its not without good reason ...

Been a while my piping brothers

I really used to enjoy the time spent here talking pipe tobacco and smoking and Its not without good reason that I have been absent I can assure you. You see my wife has had Brain cancer since 2009 and she had two brain surgeries but now the tumor is growing again. We relocated to Houston Texas just recently near MD Anderson to start Proton Radiation therapy from June 23 to Aug 4 but a wrench got thrown into the works. BXBS denied my wife the treatment because they think it is Investigational. They have denied the follow up internal appeals we made. Interestingly enough Blue Cross approves the same procedure in Children with no problems. This website tells our story Help For Carin Graber I am in the video. I have since stopped smoking the pipe in all of this chaos although i could probably use the relaxation of a good smoke right now but I don't want to make my wife's condition more difficult. Anyway I hope everyone here is doing well and enjoying the piping life. The next time you light up a relaxing bowl think of us and if you are the praying type we would appreciate that very much.

All the Best

Brian

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Re: Been a while my piping brothers

All the best Brian, hope this works out for you guys
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Don thank you sir. I hope so too . My wife is a fighter and a joy to be around I truly think she will beat this disease but we need her to be taken care of. I hope to give a better report in the future.

Brian

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Proton therapy is the next big thing. Supposed to do things other procedures can't. Fingers crossed!
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish JustTroItIn's Avatar

Very sorry to hear about your troubles, Brian. All the best to you and yours.