Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This might be a slightly blasphemous question.......

This is a discussion on This might be a slightly blasphemous question....... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Anyone ever find them selves wanting some of a favorite blend and due to time or location didn't have the ...

Leading Puffer Fish

This might be a slightly blasphemous question.......

Anyone ever find them selves wanting some of a favorite blend and due to time or location didn't have the ability to pack up a pipe? Did any of those folks ever just grab a pinch from a tin and dip it like some Cope'?

I will admit to this sin. And as I sit here tonight, Irish Oak ain't bad as a smokeless........

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Nathan's Avatar

Re: This might be a slightly blasphemous question.......

That I have, works pretty well if you ask me

"Ooh, marshmallow!" SmokinSpider's Avatar

Nope, not me.
    An incident back in high school made it clear I can not handle chewing tobacco lol. Although some ropes and cakes do look good enough to eat.

No longer a community member.

I dipped for one summer in my late teens...never again.

My pipes won't survive-EZ NeverBend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Davetopay View Post
    Anyone ever find them selves wanting some of a favorite blend and due to time or location didn't have the ability to pack up a pipe? Did any of those folks ever just grab a pinch from a tin and dip it like some Cope'?

I will admit to this sin. And as I sit here tonight, Irish Oak ain't bad as a smokeless........
    No, not me but I knew some guys who did including an old codger (I was ~12 he was around ~75) who chewed Day's Work with latakia. Chaw of one and a nice sized pinch of the other.

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

I tried it with a couple different ribbon cuts and thought it was nasty.
    The ropes aren't bad taste-wise but I can't handle the resultant nic hit and I hate constantly spitting.
    there is no folly of the beast of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men

Quote Originally Posted by NeverBend View Post
    No, not me but I knew some guys who did including an old codger (I was ~12 he was around ~75) who chewed Day's Work with latakia. Chaw of one and a nice sized pinch of the other.
    Oh, thanks; now you've got me wondering what Bloodhound would be like with a bit of perique...
    ********.com

Puffer Fish with some spikes baust55's Avatar

i could never stomach it

Austin

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

A couple months ago I tucked a slice of Sweet Rum Twist (rope tobacco) into my cheek, and in a few short minutes my stomach hurt and I had bad hiccups.

I smoke cigars, pipes, use a vape, and I use nasal snuff. I have a high tolerance for nicotine, but chewing that rope kicked my ass.

Y'know, it just occurred to me that Ennerdale might make an interesting chew or dip. Might try it some time.
    "Quite simply, my dear, tobacco is the greatest pleasure that we have ever discovered... I know of no other miracle like it in nature." -- Bela Lugosi, 1939

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Davetopay View Post

There was an interesting discussion concerning this subject. Judging by some of the comments it seems this may have been a more common practice in the past and/or in certain regions.
    Last edited by dj1340; 08-06-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I tried a aro once, just plain nasty...

Haven't dipped any commercial pipe tobacco, but I do like to cut off a chunk of chaw from my homemade flake bricks, mainly while driving (I don't like to smoke up my truck). It's pretty tasty, and fairly mild as chewing tobacco goes.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    A couple months ago I tucked a slice of Sweet Rum Twist (rope tobacco) into my cheek, and in a few short minutes my stomach hurt and I had bad hiccups.

I smoke cigars, pipes, use a vape, and I use nasal snuff. I have a high tolerance for nicotine, but chewing that rope kicked my ass.
    I've chewed on a GH Rope a time or two, and had similar results. Just too much Vitamin N to become a regular thing for me...

I do not personally dip or chew but my Grandpa would put about half a bag of Redman in one cheek and some Bruton or Garrett in his lip. He spit in a Hunt's Tomato Sauce can for YEARS. Something that I'll never forget!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast