Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

The New Rattray's B;ends

This is a discussion on The New Rattray's B;ends within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I am probably late to the party, but I just found out the new Rattrays blends are actually the old ...

The New Rattray's B;ends

I am probably late to the party, but I just found out the new Rattrays blends are actually the old Peterson Blends under new names and in Rattray' s paint can style tins. When Petersons changed to MacBarens for production, K&K kept the formulas, according to my source and is now producing them under the Rattrays label. Before I learned this I bought a tin of Buckinham, which it turns out is Gold Blend. I should have bought some Wallace Flake, which is University Flake or some Stirling Flake, which is Irish Flake. I don't see a replacement for 3P. (disclaimer: I have no first hand knowledge, I am just repeating what I was told, but the source seemed well informed.)
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tmoran's Avatar

Re: The New Rattray's B;ends

Interesting. I checked the regular sites hoping to find a paint can of Stirling Flake. Unfortunately it seems to only be available in the tins. I'll still probably buy some next time I order. But 100 gram tins of Irish Flake would be great!

No longer a community member.

ughhhh. This gets confusing after a while. Thanks for the heads up because I hadn't heard about any of this.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Different names, same games I suppose.

So basically buying new Rattray's is buying old Peterson....
    It's been nice, while it lasted.