Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnnyFlake
  • 1 Post By ThatKidWithTheFace

Help me decide on a cob!

This is a discussion on Help me decide on a cob! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So now that I'm getting back in to pipe smoking, I've decided I need a cob. I love the way ...

Young Fish

Help me decide on a cob!

So now that I'm getting back in to pipe smoking, I've decided I need a cob. I love the way a cob smokes.

Anyways, I'm torn between three choices. I'm thinking about either a Morgan, a straight apple Diplomat, or a Dwarf Cobbit.

I really like the new Cobbit Churchwardens, but I'm not sure if it would be an impractical pipe. Cobs are usually my go-to for hunting and fishing, but I'm thinking a churchwarden wouldn't be the best thing for roaming through the woods.

What do y'all think?

An Old Retired Wiseguy! JohnnyFlake's Avatar

Re: Help me decide on a cob!

They are cheap enough, buy all 3 and add a Country Gentlemen to the group.
    gtechva likes this.

Puffer Fish with many spikes gtechva's Avatar

I agree that the churchwarden could be a pain in the woods. Other than that, most any MM Cob. I have a legend I like and a tall skinny one I don't care for. Don't know what model it is. Only know it's so skinny you can't tamp. Consider the 10 for $30 grab bag. A lot of fellows have had good results. At $3 a pipe, hard to miss.
    really?...

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

I agree with JohnnyFlake. Why only 1? I'd start with the Rob Roy (Apple) Diplomat, then get the other two when you can.

I think I have at least 1 of every model Missouri Meerschaum has made since the 1970s. I need to get the Cobbits. I haven't got around to them, yet. My last purchase was the Mark Twain...great pipe.

Puffer Fish with many spikes gtechva's Avatar

please let us know what you decide hopefully with a picture
    really?...

Young Fish

So I decided on the diplomat. It and some My Mixture 965 shipped out this mornin'!
    gtechva likes this.

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

Oh, you're gonna be a happy smoker, real soon. Diplomats are hard to beat for an all-around smoker, and 965 is my 2nd favorite tobacco, right after Dunhill's The Aperitif. They are actually quite similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatKidWithTheFace View Post
    So I decided on the diplomat. It and some My Mixture 965 shipped out this mornin'!