Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bing Crosby's pipe?????

This is a discussion on Bing Crosby's pipe????? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; My wife and I were watching White Christmas lastnight and about half way through Bing Crosby was smoking a long, ...

Bing Crosby's pipe?????

My wife and I were watching White Christmas lastnight and about half way through Bing Crosby was smoking a long, straight stem briar pipe.

My wife was asking me what pipe it was and who made it. I believe that she wants to get me one for Christmas.

Does anyone know anything about Bing's pipe?

Thanks
    Ken
    The United States does not lose wars on the field. Our wars are lost on the home front, by citizens that do not realize, or possibly do not care that they are giving aid, comfort and encouragement to the enemy.

At the Asy-lum

Re: Bing Crosby's pipe?????

This is what I found at paylesspipes.com by savinelli :

Puffer Fish with some spikes LSU Tiger's Avatar

Several pipe makers make a "Bing." This one's a Savinelli.
    A Marine should be sworn to the patient endurance of hardships, like the ancient knights; and it is not the least of these necessary hardships to have to serve with sailors.

I have been trying to find a picture of the pipe used in the movie and found 1 picture that has a pipe that looks like what he was smoking. Not a very good picture though.

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStre...4/bingbob2.jpg

The Savinelli's look close but I don't believe the stem has any bend.
    The United States does not lose wars on the field. Our wars are lost on the home front, by citizens that do not realize, or possibly do not care that they are giving aid, comfort and encouragement to the enemy.

Will Work for Boli GM's.. Neuromancer's Avatar

The original pipes were made for him by the Tinder Box, in LA, I think...the style is sort of like a Canadian with a longer stem...the style is now made by several pipe manufacturers so anyone's brand would be good depending on how much she wanted to spend...as you can see from the above link, Savinelli makes one in several finishes costing between $56 and $96...Savinelli is a good pipe if you don't have one...there are others that make the style and I'm sure you could find them from around $50 on up to several hundred dollars...
    There is as much water on Earth now as three billion years ago. While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
    The original pipes were made for him by the Tinder Box, in LA, I think...the style is sort of like a Canadian with a longer stem...the style is now made by several pipe manufacturers so anyone's brand would be good depending on how much she wanted to spend...as you can see from the above link, Savinelli makes one in several finishes costing between $56 and $96...Savinelli is a good pipe if you don't have one...there are others that make the style and I'm sure you could find them from around $50 on up to several hundred dollars...
    Thank you very much for all of the information.

I don't think Tinder Box makes cigars anymore so I will show my wife the Savinelli's.

Thanks again and have a great day.
    Ken

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Alpedhuez55's Avatar

Don't forget Clark Gable's favorite:

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz View Post
    Thank you very much for all of the information.

I don't think Tinder Box makes cigars anymore so I will show my wife the Savinelli's.

Thanks again and have a great day.
    Ken
    DOH I meant pipes.

I will also show her the Clark Gable. Who makes that one?

DOH I meant pipes.

I will also show her the Clark Gable. Who makes that one?
    That is also a Savonelli. They have Bing's favorite & Clark's favorite.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

I stopped by the Tinder Box last night and asked about the Bing and the Clark.

They said they couldn't get the Clark and the Savonelli Bing would be around $250. I wonder what he was smoking????

They said they couldn't get the Clark and the Savonelli Bing would be around $250. I wonder what he was smoking????
    Maybe Bing used the $250 pipe to beat the crap out of his kids.
    -- Winston Churchill

Will Work for Boli GM's.. Neuromancer's Avatar

Buy them online...
    There is as much water on Earth now as three billion years ago. While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all.

Full grown Puffer Fish canadasmokes's Avatar

Yeah (alpeds post) Bing was all fun and games on screen i would have hated to be one of his kids.
    Your Gonna Fly High Your Never Gonna Die
    Aleks

Bill was from Tacoma Wa. I wonder if it was the Hilltop (not very nice) area?

SophisticationPersonified Nooner's Avatar

At that price I would consider commissioning a carver to carve a pipe in that shape.

You'll get a much finer pipe and form a relationship in the process!

I know a couple guys I'd recommend...
    Found It!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast