Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Photos of your Baccy Cellar/Collection

This is a discussion on Photos of your Baccy Cellar/Collection within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; looks like a very nice collection of tins to me, Ultravox!!...

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Re: Photos of your Baccy Cellar/Collection

looks like a very nice collection of tins to me, Ultravox!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Ultravox View Post
    I attepmted to incorporate my latest reading acquisitions with my tobacco 'collection', alas I'm not particularly trained in the art of digital photography so this will have to do for now.

The two pouches in the foreground are two sample blends that I received from Rich (4noggins) with my last order: 'Chipman Hill' and 'Jesse's Own'.
    It may be unclear, but the two 2oz pouches standing upright are McC's '2015' & C&D's 'Haunted Bookshop'.

Perhaps some of these choices aren't what one would call typical 'n00b' tobaccos but, in the words of the poet Robert Frost:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
    I took the one less travelled by,
    and that has made all the difference."
    Like the classics. Good luck with Proust, started reading the series, loved it, but can't stand it at the same time. The definition of a challenging read.

Quote Originally Posted by croatan View Post
    Looks like a couple tins of snuff on the bottom... Is one of those Gawith's Aniseed?
    -Gerald

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Here's my modest little cigar/pipe cellar. Yes, before you ask, I like Christmas Cheer! I'm trying to track down all of the years (not even close, but working hard!), right now I have '92(x2), '97 (x1), 01(x3), 02(x4), 03(x4- 1 opened), 05(x4), 06(x4). Not pictured are open tins of Scottish Cake, Pennington Gap, and Malthouse Founder's Reserve. My pipe baccy sits on top of my fridge-a-dor, which holds all of my boxes and cabs. All of my singles are in my living room in 300 hundred and 50 count humidors (both are full- I need to smoke more!). I know it's modest, but I really am very happy with my pipes and cigars, and I slide further and further down both slopes everyday!

and the cigars, I still love them!

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Quote Originally Posted by pistol View Post
    ...Yes, before you ask, I like Christmas Cheer!
    it never occurred to me to ask. I love the stuff too, but more importantly i see 8 oz of Stonehaven. Good man - and nice collection of both types of the leaf

IHT

nice looking humi, pete.

how's that big Nording smoking?
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    nice looking humi, pete.

how's that big Nording smoking?
    Thanks, I bought it off this dude, maybe you know him... Bah, probably not. Anyhow, the pipe smokes great man, I really like it. It's just a little heavy to keep between the teeth. So it's a hold/smoker for me, when I let the weight of the pipe set squarely on my teeth, I feel like someone just smacked me on the back of the head! The pipe smokes great though, I like the huge bowl. I haven't had any problems keeping tobac lit in that sucker, plenty of air passes through it! How's TDY? I'm outta here on Sunday man.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by pistol View Post
    How's TDY? I'm outta here on Sunday man.
    it sucks. i fly home on monday... just saw that my tickets were bought for Hawaii... but i leave a day earlier than we planned, the 26th. so, i'll be home for less than 5 whole days. at least they bought me first class tickets because all the coach was sold out. i probably would've been upgraded anyway. i finally get back on the 17th of June, just in time to get ready to leave to montana on the 3rd of July.... and i'm hoping for a new job when i get back from vacation.

i got your cell, you got mine. call me sometime next week (i don't have coverage down here).

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    Looks like a couple tins of snuff on the bottom... Is one of those Gawith's Aniseed?
    Sorry I missed your post earlier Yes, it is. Good eye. I've been getting more and more into snuff lately but haven't tried all that many different ones yet.
    [SIZE="1"]For Rent[/SIZE]

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Just posted this shot on my newbie post, but here it is again (I've learnt how to embed image!) But seriously, a few more tins added since shot was taken. Top Left Corner: you can see a blue can of Sir William. These pipe tobaccos are made by Vantas, a big cigar supplier here in holland. Their pipe tobaccos retail at the top end of the market here and are worth a try, 10.50 a pop though.

Attachment 12388
    Last edited by DubintheDam; 10-08-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Here you go updated for all to see, photos a bit blurry, feel free to ask for my review of any of the tins you see. Just added Three Nuns and Marlin Flake this weekend, I am saving the Marlin flake for a special day...I've got a few too many tins opened at the moment. Really looking forward to that, its the only smoke I have that is 'untasted'.

By the way you will see on the tins "Rokin is dodelijk". This means "smoking is deadly', which is kinda funny because amongst the youth of Dublin to call something 'deadly' means it's really cool! Perhaps that's why the tin of Dorisco I bought in Dublin at J.Fox's just says 'Smoking Kills'.

IHT

nice collection, DITD.
    i have spent the last 2 days organizing my closet, and have realized that i'm out of room. my wife mentioned that i need to get one of those closet organizers from Home Depot (big store for projects around the house, Dub)...
    i thought about remaking the closets anyway, that way we could have 2 sets of hanging clothes on a side, but i may just do that with one side, move the other down, and make shelves above that one.

i need to get a new photo up, but i've got a small box full of tins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    nice collection, DITD.
    i have spent the last 2 days organizing my closet, and have realized that i'm out of room. my wife mentioned that i need to get one of those closet organizers from Home Depot (big store for projects around the house, Dub)...
    i thought about remaking the closets anyway, that way we could have 2 sets of hanging clothes on a side, but i may just do that with one side, move the other down, and make shelves above that one.

i need to get a new photo up, but i've got a small box full of tins as well.

Get everything you need to organize your cellar Greg?

Shawn

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes joed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr.c View Post
    little update on my cellar added a few tins since last time

Wow,

I thought I had a few more tins that I needed - but my goodness - I haven't even begun to collect when I look at that stuff - seems like Mr.C is about to open a new B&M pipe shop! I may have to take a trip to the midwest just to see his tobacco and Bruce's pipes!
    [SIZE="2"]Did you hear that boy?
    Keep your pride tied!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]......Hidalgo[/SIZE]

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnP View Post
    Get everything you need to organize your cellar Greg?

Shawn
    i've barely been home to see my closet, shawn. hell, i'm in california right now, will be home for less than 18 hours on the 13th/14th before i head to Idaho... get back on the 27th.
    i need to clean up my dresser, where my pipe racks are, and my closet is out of space. i'll probably buy an igloo cooler eventually.

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast