Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 103 of 353 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5290

Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

This is a discussion on Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by eNthusiast thanks again Dave! happy new year all! My pleasure Steve, glad you like your samples. Thank ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by eNthusiast View Post

thanks again Dave! happy new year all!
    My pleasure Steve, glad you like your samples. Thank you for the great trade, and going the extra mile. Much appreciated my friend.

Tongue bites gonna happen. Part of the learning curve I guess. Remember to dry your baccy and take it nice and slow.

Enjoy, and happy new year to all,
    Dave

Please add me as a new pipe smoker.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

NST for Pipes Update

Completed Trades

uncle dave and eNthusiast

Currently Trading:

Z.Kramer and Nurse_Maduro
    RJPuffs and Trex

Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

1. nate560
    2. Vrbas

New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

1. zeavran1

===above this line you're active...pm your corresponding EPS===

Steve (nate560) and I are currently working out the details of our trade.

Given the "northernly" destination of my trade partner, it might take a while to conclude - putta me back on the EPS list while we ship packages back and forth
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eNthusiast View Post
    do you mean the st. james flake?

i'll definitely post some reviews when i get a little more experience, so far i've only managed to turn my tongue into sandpaper, i'm liking it so far though.
    Back off on your draw a bit, your tongue will cool down as your 'baccy does.

I meant the McClelland 2015 Virginia/Perique flake...tasty looking stuff.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

NST for Pipes Update

Completed Trades

uncle dave and eNthusiast

Currently Trading:

RJPuffs and Trex
    nate560 and zeavran1

Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

1. .....
    2. Vrbas
    3. RJPuffs

New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

1. .....

Good gravy. Nothing could have prepared me for the devastation that Zach has wrought upon my house. This was a trade that felt like a bomb.

Imagine the smallest Priority box that the USPS provides. Image it actually bulging out from the sides. I'm being dead serious here. It was bulging.

Now check out the plethora of pipe paraphernalia that poured forth once the package was pierced:

Zach, I cannot thank you enough. Your generousity overwhelms me and, for a good half hour after, every time I'd see it, I'd just stare, speechless.

I spent last night cleaning the pipes (a Dr. Grabow and a Montrealer), so they'll be ready to go by this evening! I've even learned some things already; the Mont had a complete blockage that I had to get very creative with (not having any compressed air in the house). I can't tell you how happy I am for the experience! I'm finding that I am developing a passion for it, and I'm only a hair's breadth away from diving right into learning complete restoration.

Thanks again, Zach!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
    NST for Pipes Update

Currently Trading:

Dave, please move us to Completed Trades; this one is done. Thanks!

Full grown Puffer Fish

John, you are very welcome, it was my pleasure. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the blends.

By the way, I thought about restoring those pipes for you before I sent em out, but decided against it considering it would just delay the trade longer. I am glad you found the cleaning to be a learning experience. I have not smoked those myself, they were ebay finds I had not gotten to set up yet, so I hope they work out for you while you flesh out your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Z.Kramer View Post
    John, you are very welcome, it was my pleasure. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the blends.

By the way, I thought about restoring those pipes for you before I sent em out, but decided against it considering it would just delay the trade longer. I am glad you found the cleaning to be a learning experience. I have not smoked those myself, they were ebay finds I had not gotten to set up yet, so I hope they work out for you while you flesh out your rotation.
    Part of the fun is looking up the blends, but I'd love to know what your favorites are.

Last night I used the Grabow for a bowl of the 536 and it was pretty tasty. This morning, the Mont is getting filled with the Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, and I think that's going to be really great as the pipe has a nice sweet smell to it, like it was used exclusively for VAs. I'm hoping it will bring the VAs in the Dunhill to the front a bit.

I'm glad you didn't restore them, but I can't believe you bought and just gave them away! Again...many, many thanks, Zach.

I can't wait to do the same to some poor, unsuspecting Newbie down the road.

Young Puffer Fish

Please add me to the NPS list. Thanks.

Joe

Young Puffer Fish

Nice bomb Zach! Way to hook up a NPS.

Dave, you can add me to the EPS list again, I think I can help out another newbie.

Cheers,
    Dave

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Joeluka View Post
    Please add me to the NPS list. Thanks.

Joe
    Go ahead and get your trade going with Vrbas, Joe.

Dave, you can put me on the EPS list as well.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

I'd like to sign up for the EPS list!
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.