Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 16 of 353 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 5290

Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

This is a discussion on Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I got kg6smx's PM. We have begun the proceedings.......

  
  1. #226

    Full grown Puffer Fish Big T's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    I got kg6smx's PM. We have begun the proceedings....

  2. #227

    No longer a community member. King James's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Can I get in on this fellas?

  3. #228

    Maturing Puffer Fish kg6smx's Avatar


     

    Thumbs up Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I got kg6smx's PM. We have begun the proceedings....

    Package was mailed priority mail today, should be there in a few days

  4. #229

    Leading Puffer Fish Savvy's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    I received Root's end of the trade today, and wow, I'm not going to know what I want to smoke now. Great variety, and I'm really looking forward to trying them all out.



    Here's the breakdown:

    C&D Pirate Kake
    Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake
    Home & Hearth Larry's Blend
    L.J. Peretti British Blend
    C&D Bayou Night
    Astley's #2 Mixture
    Samuel Gawith Bracken Flake
    Rattray's Old Gowrie
    McClelland No. 5100 Red Cake
    Home & Hearth Egg Nog
    Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Burley Cube Cut
    McClelland Frog Morton Across the Pond
    McClelland Christmas Cheer 06

    & a bundle of pipe cleaners which most definitely will be used soon.

    This was a great experience, and I'm really looking forward to really getting into pipes now as well. Thanks a lot James, I'm humbled by your generosity.

  5. #230

    dls
    dls is offline
    Aspiring frogman dls's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    I would love to get my name on the NPS list.

  6. #231

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    I received Root's end of the trade today, and wow, I'm not going to know what I want to smoke now. Great variety, and I'm really looking forward to trying them all out.



    Here's the breakdown:

    C&D Pirate Kake
    Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake
    Home & Hearth Larry's Blend
    L.J. Peretti British Blend
    C&D Bayou Night
    Astley's #2 Mixture
    Samuel Gawith Bracken Flake
    Rattray's Old Gowrie
    McClelland No. 5100 Red Cake
    Home & Hearth Egg Nog
    Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Burley Cube Cut
    McClelland Frog Morton Across the Pond
    McClelland Christmas Cheer 06

    & a bundle of pipe cleaners which most definitely will be used soon.

    This was a great experience, and I'm really looking forward to really getting into pipes now as well. Thanks a lot James, I'm humbled by your generosity.
    Yikes, eh! With hits like that I'm kicking myself for pulling out of the Newbie trade. Live and learn.

  7. #232

    Full grown Puffer Fish Big T's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Received kg6smx's end of the trade today!
    Sent your's out priority today as well:
    DC# 0307 0020 0002 8715 0904

  8. #233

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    [SIZE="3"]Update:[/SIZE]

    Completed trades:

    Blake Lockhart …DAFU
    Root…Savvy

    Currently Trading:

    Erratum…RHNewfie…8/30
    Big T…kg6smx…9/13

    Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

    Looking for some Experienced Pipe Smokers.

    New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

    1.Justinphilly
    2.King James
    3.dls


    .

  9. #234

    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RHNewfie's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Got monsoon's end of the trade today!! What a super selection! Some I won't even know what to do with!! My wife has the camera in NY but I will post a list shortly!

    Reply w Quote Hater

  10. #235

    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RHNewfie's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Alrighty! Here is the list! Some awesome smelling stuff!!

    Macbarren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut
    S.G. Squadron Leader
    Esoterica Stonehaven (How do you smoke this?)
    Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
    Cornell & Diehl Haunted Bookshop
    Dunhill My Mixture 965
    McLelland Frog Morton on the Bayou
    Rattray's Hal O'the Wind
    MacBarren Plumb Cake
    Escudo (How do you smoke this?)

    Here is a crappy pic from my camera phone!!



    Yes... the cooler is full of cigars!! Whoohoo!!

    Reply w Quote Hater

  11. #236

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Good to see it arrive. Enjoy brother !!!!!! ... and let me know what you like !

    Quote Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
    Alrighty! Here is the list! Some awesome smelling stuff!!

    Macbarren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut
    S.G. Squadron Leader
    Esoterica Stonehaven (How do you smoke this?)
    Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
    Cornell & Diehl Haunted Bookshop
    Dunhill My Mixture 965
    McLelland Frog Morton on the Bayou
    Rattray's Hal O'the Wind
    MacBarren Plumb Cake
    Escudo (How do you smoke this?)

    Here is a crappy pic from my camera phone!!



    Yes... the cooler is full of cigars!! Whoohoo!!

  12. #237

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    [SIZE="3"]Update:[/SIZE]

    Completed trades:

    Blake Lockhart …DAFU
    Root…Savvy
    Erratum…RHNewfie

    Currently Trading:

    Big T…kg6smx…9/13

    Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

    Looking for some Experienced Pipe Smokers.

    New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

    1.Justinphilly
    2.King James
    3.dls


    .

  13. #238

    Moo-ism translator, Esq


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Quote Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
    Alrighty! Here is the list! Some awesome smelling stuff!!


    Esoterica Stonehaven (How do you smoke this?)
    Escudo (How do you smoke this?)
    RH - as for smoking the flakes, there are several different ways. Some roll and stuff, some slightly break and then pack, some like to fully rub it out and make it like a loose tobac. Some smokers claim to get a fairly dramatic taste difference based on how they prep and pack their flakes tobacs. Personally I have noticed some differences but I don't have the experience to say this tobac gets prepped like this and that tobac gets prepped like that.

    So, I'd simply start by breaking the flakes up a bit so that they more resemble "regular" tobac that you're used to. This way you can get a feel for the flavor without struggling. Personally I use caution when trying to pack whole flakes as they seem to have the ability to hold some moisture down deep, even when they feel dry, making for a tough smoke sometimes. Also, maybe rub a little extra on the top dusting of tobac in the bowl...sort of like a kindling to help the initial light
    Reserved for future use....

  14. #239

    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RHNewfie's Avatar


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
    RH - as for smoking the flakes, there are several different ways. Some roll and stuff, some slightly break and then pack, some like to fully rub it out and make it like a loose tobac. Some smokers claim to get a fairly dramatic taste difference based on how they prep and pack their flakes tobacs. Personally I have noticed some differences but I don't have the experience to say this tobac gets prepped like this and that tobac gets prepped like that.

    So, I'd simply start by breaking the flakes up a bit so that they more resemble "regular" tobac that you're used to. This way you can get a feel for the flavor without struggling. Personally I use caution when trying to pack whole flakes as they seem to have the ability to hold some moisture down deep, even when they feel dry, making for a tough smoke sometimes. Also, maybe rub a little extra on the top dusting of tobac in the bowl...sort of like a kindling to help the initial light
    Thanks!!

    Reply w Quote Hater

  15. #240

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader


     

    Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

    New Update:

    Completed trades:


    Currently Trading:

    Big T…kg6smx…9/13

    Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

    1. Blake Lockhart

    Looking for some more Experienced Pipe Smokers.
    This is a nice opportunity to get a tin(s) of your choice
    and to give the “newbs” a few sample tobaccos.


    New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

    1.Justinphilly

    ^^^^^^ pm the EPS to initiate the trade ^^^^^^

    2.King James
    3.dls




    .

Page 16 of 353 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •