Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 42 of 353 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

This is a discussion on Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; OK, has anybody ever had "one-of-those-days" days? It is my day for that today. If my head were not attached, ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RevSmoke's Avatar

Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

OK, has anybody ever had "one-of-those-days" days? It is my day for that today.

If my head were not attached, I'd probably have lost it somewhere.

Anyway, on to the reason for writing (and you'll see what I mean).

Sirhumpalot's package went out today via USPS Priority Mail - DC #0307 1790 0002 3778 2864. BUT, I lost the slip on the way home from the post office, so had to call there so they could look it up on my box before they sent it out. (#1 issue)

Got home, came over to the computer to post the notice that the package was sent, and found a hand-written note telling Ben exactly what is in each of the samples, and how long they've been around. Yes, it was supposed to go into the box. (issue #2) Oh, each of the packages is labeled, by not with the age on it.

So, do I post it here, now, and get Ben's salivary glands going??? Or, do I wait till he gets the package and tell him then? Or do I do it privately (which would mean the rest of you dogs wouldn't get to salivate over the package he's getting)?

So many decisions...

Oh, by the way, there were issues #3 & #4 as well today.

Think a pint and some St. James Flake are in order for relaxation later.
    RevSmoke
    -- The only one you need to satisfy with what you smoke is you - enjoy it.

EPS-ready, just shoot me a pm
    Good judgement comes from experience and
    a lotta' that comes from bad judgement.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

RevSmoke - let it be a surprise....maybe put it in an envelope and mail tomorrow if you'd like.

Let'em stew, I always say
    Reserved for future use....

Hey Rev, you could torture him like dogsplayinpoker did me. He sent me a PM that said not to open it until the box arrived in the title. That should satisfy EvanS "stewing" requirement as well, trust me.
    But real men--real men prefer their women like pipes. They knock them gently and care for them always. No man shares his pipes!!!

Of course, SirHumpsalot could tell me what he'd like me to do.
    RevSmoke

Awaiting Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by dogsplayinpoker View Post
    EPS-ready, just shoot me a pm

PM sent as per BL's instructions.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
    Of course, SirHumpsalot could tell me what he'd like me to do.
    It's your call, Rev. I'm game for whatever. To be honest, I've been busy this evening carving my first pipe... If you'd like to post the info for all, that'd probably get folks all atwitterpated. On the other hand, if you send it to me in a PM, I'll try to resist looking, but I can't promise anything...

I'm already excited, I can tell you that much!
    Last edited by Sir Humpsalot; 03-04-2008 at 05:54 AM.

I am not cruel-hearted, and the knowledge will only make the anticipation greater.

The package contains at least 3-4 pipefuls of the following (w/ month/year put into my cellar):

McClelland #5100 - 9/03
    McClelland Christmas Cheer 2001
    Voodoo Queen
    Perique - whole leaf from 1994 crop
    Gawith & Hoggarth Lousiana Flake - 6/04
    G&H Bright CR Flake - 6/04
    Rattray's Old Gowrie - 12/01
    Cornel & Diehl Bow-Legged Bear - 3/02

Jack's 10th Anniversary - 2004???
    RevSmoke

Young Puffer Fish

I am not cruel-hearted, and the knowledge will only make the anticipation greater.

The package contains at least 3-4 pipefuls of the following (w/ month/year put into my cellar):

McClelland #5100 - 9/03
    Voodoo Queen

Ok. Is it here yet? How bout now? How bout now?

Quote Originally Posted by ultramag View Post
    Hey Rev, you could torture him like dogsplayinpoker did me. He sent me a PM that said not to open it until the box arrived in the title. That should satisfy EvanS "stewing" requirement as well, trust me.
    I could've sent you a pm that told you to wait to open the box 'til I mailed the list to you
    Good judgement comes from experience and
    a lotta' that comes from bad judgement.

Puffer Fish with some spikes perogee's Avatar

So, are Canadians allowed to sign up for this? (I thought it would be best to ask before signing up, just in case it is too much of a pain or something like that)
    Rollin' country style

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by perogee View Post
    So, are Canadians allowed to sign up for this? (I thought it would be best to ask before signing up, just in case it is too much of a pain or something like that)
    I don't see why not as long as your partner realizes that the shipping may cost a bit more.

[SIZE="3"]Update:[/SIZE]

Completed trades:

Currently Trading:

EvanS...frankluke
    RevSmoke…Sir Humpsalot
    dogsplayinpoker...AD720

Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

1. DAFU

New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

1. perogee (Canada)

Young Puffer Fish

McClelland #5100 - 9/03
    Voodoo Queen

It came!!!! The Rev's half of the trade is complete. My order is on its way to his house from smokingpipes.com. The straight Perique (1994) smells fantastic!!! Thanks, Rev!

I just don't know where to start though. Anybody have any suggestions?

Young Puffer Fish

Ok... nevermind the suggestions. I started with Rattray's Old Gowrie.

Should I post my opinions here? Or down in the reviews forum? I guess it's a review, but I'm a newb, so I dunno.

This tobac is unlike any other I've had so far. This was the first pipe tobac I've had that I actually wanted to take into my lungs... it was just that smooth. It didn't choke the back of my throat like the other tobacs I've tried have done- I was able to take just a little sip back into my throat and it felt nice. There was a nice nicotine hit to it as well, not too strong, just nice. However, I found I absolutely hated the way it felt exiting my nose- very harsh and sharp, like a cigarette. However, inhaling the smoke- french inhale or just breathing it in from the bowl we exceedingly pleasant. So I'm not sure what to make of this one. It's a nice smoke, but I definitely need to wrap my head around it a little more. Fortunately, I have a few more bowls to go...

Thanks Rev!!!

Awaiting Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Humpsalot View Post
    Ok... nevermind the suggestions. I started with Rattray's Old Gowrie.

Should I post my opinions here? Or down in the reviews forum? I guess it's a review, but I'm a newb, so I dunno.
    When doing a review down here in the pipe area, we usually do a search on the blend and just add our comments to an existing thread. If you can't find one then add a new topic.

Here is one for Rattray's Old Gowrie.

I am also sure no one has any issues with you posting your comments here either though.

Page 42 of 353 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast