Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 7 of 353 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

This is a discussion on Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by smokeyscotch IHT, was gracious enough to do a NST for Pipes trade with me. I sent him ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: Thanks IHT!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyscotch View Post
    IHT, was gracious enough to do a NST for Pipes trade with me. I sent him what he asked for, and thought the whole time, "This is not enough". But I know hardly anything about pipe tobacco, so I did as I was told. I totally understand how everyone uses "Gorilla Math" around here. However, how does one show "Gorilla Gratitude" for such an awesome assortment and generosity. Thanks, IHT. You went way beyond what I ever expected. You also showed me that the Pipe Slope is much slippier and steeper than the cigar slope. HOLY SMOKES!
    You've just witnessed, first hand, the true spirit of the jungle and the generosity of one of its finest members!

Hope you enjoy your samplers and it looks like you've got some great blends to start out with on your new journey with pipe smoking.

Very nice, Greg!

IHT

Re: Thanks IHT!

first off, i made the mistake of sending Tim to a place that had a minimum $15 order - so i thought i was going to save him some $$$ by finding a spot that had Escudo under $6 a tin. well, he had to buy 3 tins... so, now i'm on the hook for triple what is in the rules:
    Quote Originally Posted by da rules
    [SIZE="1"]What Gets Sent

The New Pipe Smoker will contact the Experienced Pipe Smoker to make arrangements to send no more than a 2oz /50g new/sealed tin of tobacco, (or 100g, if arrangements have been made between the 2 parties for a larger sampler). The EPS will request something easy to find, current production, that can be purchased from an online vendor, for under $10 (not including shipping) or from a local B&M. Other arrangements can be made for what to trade provided both parties agree.

The Experienced Pipe Smoker will return fire with a sampler of at least 5 different sampler bags of good quality, name brand, tobaccos, roughly 4 bowls worth each (10 diffferent samplers, roughly 4 bowls each, for the larger sampler). Samplers should be tobaccos that the NPS can get down the road, for himself, as opposed to rare or discontinued tobacco[/SIZE].
    so, i got 3 tins of my favorite tobacco and needed to not out-do him, but make it up/give him the amount he deserves for sending the amount he did. that's all. not my intention to blow anyone away... just my version of 3 tins worth.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyscotch View Post
    IHT, was gracious enough to do a NST for Pipes trade with me. I sent him what he asked for, and thought the whole time, "This is not enough". But I know hardly anything about pipe tobacco, so I did as I was told. I totally understand how everyone uses "Gorilla Math" around here.
    You went way beyond what I ever expected.

I never thought tobacco could smell like this. Not like a lot of the aromatics I see and smell all the time. My studio is now filled with this awesome note of wonderful tobacco. I love it!
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

IHT

Re: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by auradefect View Post
    That's what I thought, sorry.
    you could always post your own trade up in the pipe trade forum. "looking for a sampler", someone may bite.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Completed trades:

IHT…smokeyscotch 6/29

Currently Trading:

EvanS…accorddude 6/16
    SUOrangeGuy…Infin1ty 6/27

Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

^^^^^^ pm an EPS to initiate the trade ^^^^^^

Moo-ism translator, Esq

got the Esoterica Dorchester from accorddude today!!! Oh boy Oh boy - IHT is gonna be green with envy cuz my 1 tin of Dorchester smells better than his 3 tins of Escudo put together!!!

Plus my tin of Dorchester also did NOT have an aura of aggravation coming with it...since I only "forced" Nick to provide a single tin for his end of the trade. Can't believe a mod would abuse his powers like that
    Reserved for future use....

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Nick - accorddude - your pack went out today with DC# 0307 0020 0005 4081 2754

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Dude amazing. You hit me hard.
    Last edited by accorddude; 07-10-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by accorddude View Post
    So now that you have my interest, is there any way you can get that picture up? Just curious what Evan had "up his sleeve" for your first sampler.

Nice trades guys!

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Quote Originally Posted by accorddude View Post
    not SO hard.
    Now, if you were civicdude there would have been trouble...in River City...with a capital T

I hope you enjoy

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Oops I thought I had posted the image. Lets try again.

Last edited by accorddude; 07-12-2007 at 12:10 PM.

If this is still open, I would like to give it a stab. I just rediscovered my cheap pipe that I bought a few years ago and would like to start up again. Thanks

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes SUOrangeGuy's Avatar

Hey Tricker I can be your EPS. I got a package ready for someone else who had to postpone.

If you're interested send me a pm with some ideas about what you're looking for in samples so I can tailor it to you. I'll respond with a tin I'd like.
    [SIZE="3"]"Club Stogie presented in double-vision... where drunk."[/SIZE]

pm sent thanks

SUorangeguy and I are going to trade.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Update

Completed trades:

EvanS…accorddude

Currently Trading:

SUOrangeGuy…TRicker…7/25

Experienced Pipe Smokers (EPS):

New Pipe Smokers (NPS):

^^^^^^ pm an EPS to initiate the trade ^^^^^^

Page 7 of 353 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast