Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Anybody else here like guns?

This is a discussion on Anybody else here like guns? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...

Re: Anybody else here like guns?

I've got a few (understatement). Here's my current fav. It's a 475 3 1/4" NE. It's a London Cogswell and Harrison built in 1919-1920. Sold to a G.D. Lyell esq. in July 1920 for 52. 10s.

Still has original proof marks, but was gone though a while back. Re-blacked barrels and bone charcoal case hardening.

www.zonedar.com
    [SIZE="2"]If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning[/SIZE]

Puffer Fish with some spikes skyhigh340's Avatar

The title of this thread is like asking if we enjoy smoking cigars. Quite a few of us here are avid collectors and shooters. My tastes run toward the dreaded "black rifles", over/under shotguns and semi auto pistols. this includes fetishes for HKs and Fn-Fals.
    Freedom is NOT Free!

Thumbs up Re: Anybody else here like guns?

Yep, I like 'em. I have a Ruger .22 w/scope, a Charles Daly field tactical all weather (nickel plated) 18.5 inch interchangeable barrell 12 ga. pump and a Sig SP2022 .40. Hope to get an AR15 soon, but sh!t keeps happening... Guess I could quit eating?
    I draw, but I don't inhale.
    My $s go down in drink or up in smoke!
    Help find cures, join Team Helix.

At the Asy-lum

Who would even post something like this, at a place like this. Dont you know that firearms "kill people" NO!!!! I do not like guns! They cost a ton of $$$$$ and are only "intended for one thing". You must belong to some clan or group, that condones this method of thought (or thinks its ok) I just dont know what to say, with you mentioning this type of behavior in public!

You want tickets to the gun show?

Sorry, had to do it. Guns are very interesting, just not really my bag. Some very cool weapons pics here.
    You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by livwire68 View Post
    Who would even post something like this, at a place like this. Dont you know that firearms "kill people" NO!!!! I do not like guns! They cost a ton of $$$$$ and are only "intended for one thing". You must belong to some clan or group, that condones this method of thought (or thinks its ok) I just dont know what to say, with you mentioning this type of behavior in public!

Is that why your son was grinning ear-to-ear after his pops got him that sweet beretta

[SIZE=3]Assembling the South Louisiana Crew[/SIZE]
    http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109929

Full grown Puffer Fish Biglizard1's Avatar

Yup.. many different sorts... and my wife has her
    safe too.... and she smokes ceegars.... cant beat that...
    Last edited by Biglizard1; 06-07-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: speeling

CS'S Longest Waffler

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes SUOrangeGuy's Avatar

My Handgun Permit came in the mail last saturday. Only took 2.5 months instead of the usual 6.

Still a little short for my GP100 but I'm saving up.
    [SIZE="3"]"Club Stogie presented in double-vision... where drunk."[/SIZE]

I AM NOT a fish!

I've found that unless you reload, it's kinda expensive to shoot anymore. In theory, I could shoot in the backyard and have done so, but it DOES freak out the cats, and the neighbors don't like it, either. My 44 Magnum has bullets that cost a buck a piece or more! So I'm saving them for the person that decides to pay an unwanted visit!

My Dad has a pretty nice collection including a Civil War musket that has "Made in Windsor Locks, Ct" etched into it. Apparently rather rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Namerifrats View Post
    You ever fired a 700 Grain bullet in yours yet? I have shot a few through mine. 2 or 3 is usually enough though. I cast most of my 500 S&W bullets though. My play rounds are all 450gr, I have some 330, 350, 450, 500, 520, 550, 600, 635, and 700gr bullets that I load regular though. Heres a picture (not my photo, it's from the website I got my 700gr bullets from) of the 700gr bullet for any who have not seen it.
    Havent had any 700 through mine, but I do plan on it. The most I have had in it was 500gr, and I play with 450's most of the time. The 500SW is just plane awsome. Very fun to shoot.

The Alaskan with that little grip, and Winchester Silver tip 450's are just plane brutal. Makes the 500SW seem like a 38 special in comparison. I dont care for running those in it regularly. MABEY 5 in a session then Im done. 45 colt is MUCH MUCH more fun.

I purchased the 500 for when fishing or bow hunting in bear country. It got a little heavy while hiking, so I got the Alaskan. After a rapid fire session of 5 outta the Alaskan I'll think I'll take my chances playing dead.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
    "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
    And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
    Isaiah 6:8

I'm waiting for one of the pricks to come in here and tell you to search

Full grown Puffer Fish Biglizard1's Avatar

i do a lot of reloading.. my wife and I both shoot Cowboy action and I own three EBR's and then there is her EBR... and all the 45 acp's...

They are all fed nicely with the Dillon xl650...

CS'S Longest Waffler

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FN in MT's Avatar

I was blessed to grow up in an extended Family of WW2 Vets, Hunters and Police Officers. I started shooting when I was six and really got into it when I was ten or so.

Used to go to the Police Range with my Uncles, eventually other Officers would stop by and take me. Probably why I've always been partial to handguns and did thirty two years as a cop.

Been handloading/bullet casting for forty years.

Current tally right now is 56 handguns and 31 rifles/shotguns. Newest edition was a SIG 556 last week.

Really like accurate hunting rifles and S&W revolvers.

FN in MT

Leading Puffer Fish Eternal Rider's Avatar

Do I like guns? Well I have a few. 2 AR-15s one a Pre=Ban Colt and the other one I built on a DPMS receiver. Along with a STG-58 I finished building on a DSA receiver. An assortment of handguns in 380,38 special,9mm,357,44mag.and 45ACP.
    I also reload on a Dillon 650 to feed all these guns.
    Just a old Hippie who doesn't know what to do.
    Should he hang onto the old or grab onto the new.

Full grown Puffer Fish ShaulWolf's Avatar

Love firearms. Unfortunately I live in NJ where it's a pain to buy a handgun. So I use my dad's guns while I'm around. Winchester 30-30 lever action, Ruger .22, and a S&W Mo. 586 .357 magnum. Eventually I want to get an HK USP compact in a .45

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast