Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

what guns should I go for

This is a discussion on what guns should I go for within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I have a M&P 40 and i love it. Very little recoil for a 40 cal....

Re: what guns should I go for

I have a M&P 40 and i love it. Very little recoil for a 40 cal.
    [SIZE=1]Peace is not the absence of conflict but the presence of Justice.[/SIZE]

Puffer Fish with some spikes skyhigh340's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    My three would be - HK MP5 smg 9mm,
    Thompson M1A1 smg .45
    STEN MkII smg 9mm

The sten especially....
    These would be my choices also..
    Freedom is NOT Free!

Quote Originally Posted by zipa View Post
    That's correct. MAC-10 is the 9 mm version, MAC-11 is a "compact" (as if that was necessary...?) version of MAC-10, chambered for .380.

Thanks for catching my mistake - I meant MAC-10 (9mm) which I have
    fired. I have not fired a MAC-11 (.380).

And I agree - "compact" ?? The MAC-10 is small enough.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Mark-60's Avatar

I would do

-Mark.
    http://i33.tinypic.com/2n18b2u.jpg
    "Superb photos, the best I've ever seen!" ~ Oleg "Peacemonger" Volk

Rob
    No longer a community member. Rob's Avatar

I would pick the Thompson just for the historical value. I'm not sure about the others. You could go through a fortune in ammo in a few minutes...

I just got back. I went for the tompson and the uzi. I will post pictures as soon as I can, maybe Saturday.
    A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.
    Groucho Marx
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx

MP5. DO IT!

I'm a massive HK fanboy though, so don't take my word for it....but it's still an awesome firearm.
    I'm in ur humidorz, collectin ur Gurkhas!

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I just got back. I went for the tompson and the uzi. I will post pictures as soon as I can, maybe Saturday.
    I can't wait for the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    You could go through a fortune in ammo in a few minutes...
    Somebody (wish I could remember who) once said "A legal, registered machine gun is merely an expensive tool for converting money into noise."

Reaching for the black-and-yellow-striped lever next to my seat....

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Namerifrats View Post
    I'd love to find a place to get some trigger time on a Dillon Aero M134
    Would cost a fortune in ammo for just a couple of minutes though
    [SIZE=3]From Federation of American Scientists website:
    The M134 7.62mm Minigun is a 6 barrel, air-cooled, link-fed, electrically driven Gatling gun, with a 1,000 meter maximum effective range and a tracer burnout at 900 meters. The weapon has a rate of fire of 2,000 or 4,000 rounds per minute. The ammo can, 2 per aircraft, holds a maximum of 2625 rds of ball, tracer, low light tracer, or Sabot Launched Armor Piercing (SLAP) ammo.From the manufacturer, Dillon Aero in Scottsdale, AZ:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I would pick the Thompson just for the historical value. I'm not sure about the others. You could go through a fortune in ammo in a few minutes...
    You ain't kidding, especially if he picks the Thompson. .45 is running $30+ per 100 rounds for just the Winchester White Box at Walmart. Since these are rental guns, I'm guessing you have to buy the ammo from them, which is probably going to be way overpriced.

An Old Retired Wiseguy! JohnnyFlake's Avatar

Bring a whole lot's of money my friend. The guns with ammo are very expensive to rent!!!

I shoot there on occasion, not rented guns. You'll be impressed, it a nice operation.

BTW, if you can afford it, a Thompson, with a full drum of ammo is the way to go!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by stfoley View Post
    MP5. DO IT!

I'm a massive HK fanboy though, so don't take my word for it....but it's still an awesome firearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    You ain't kidding, especially if he picks the Thompson. .45 is running $30+ per 100 rounds for just the Winchester White Box at Walmart. Since these are rental guns, I'm guessing you have to buy the ammo from them, which is probably going to be way overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
    Bring a whole lot's of money my friend. The guns with ammo are very expensive to rent!!!

I shoot there on occasion, not rented guns. You'll be impressed, it a nice operation.

BTW, if you can afford it, a Thompson, with a full drum of ammo is the way to go!
    Hey folks, he already went. Reading is your friend.
    |
    |
    \/
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post

It's $50 per gun for two mags of 20. The S.A.W. and the bolt action rifles are more I believe. They do have packages of three guns and a T-shirt for about $100 bucks I believe. The three guns are 1 handgun, 1 shotgun, 1 SMG. Your choice of model.
    Groucho Marx
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
    [SIZE=3]From Federation of American Scientists website:
    The M134 7.62mm Minigun is a 6 barrel, air-cooled, link-fed, electrically driven Gatling gun, with a 1,000 meter maximum effective range and a tracer burnout at 900 meters. The weapon has a rate of fire of 2,000 or 4,000 rounds per minute. The ammo can, 2 per aircraft, holds a maximum of 2625 rds of ball, tracer, low light tracer, or Sabot Launched Armor Piercing (SLAP) ammo.From the manufacturer, Dillon Aero in Scottsdale, AZ:[/SIZE]

As far as the Dillon mini gun goes you might be able to get some trigger time at the Knob Creek machinegun shoot. No promises but maybe. Here's the link http://www.machinegunshoot.com/

I don't know if it works that way, but this might be your best chance. I'm shure it'll cost you big bucks.
    Groucho Marx
    Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast