Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hand Guns

This is a discussion on Hand Guns within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Ceedee I don't really have a gun for "protection" here. However, if I were to go and ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    I don't really have a gun for "protection" here. However, if I were to go and get one, I would get a revolver. The Colt Lawman MK III is nice. What would you say is it's best quality(ties)? Just interested in what you have to say about it.

CD

For starters if fits my hand like it was made for it. It comes to point very easily. The trigger pull is smooth as silk...Colts are known for that. The sights are fixed...For an everyday carry weapon that is a plus. You don't have to worry about your sights geting knocked out of alingment.

It can shoot 38 special ammo as well as 357 magnum rounds. There are a wide range of loads that can be fired through it. It's more than accurate enough for duty carry.

Puffer Fish with some spikes BadKarma-cl's Avatar

Mine would be just a tad bit difficult to conceal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    They don't come any better than my brother terrasco!
    Dont worry about life, your not going to survive it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Mine would be just a tad bit difficult to conceal.
    Damn! What would you call that, besides "Badass"?

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Puffer Fish with some spikes BadKarma-cl's Avatar

Damn! What would you call that, besides "Badass"?

CD
    Hehehehe, thats my Thompson Center Contender w/ my 22 Mag barrel. I also have a .35 Remington barrel and plans to get a 7-30 Waters and a .375 Winchester.

I hunt alot. :mumbles:
    They don't come any better than my brother terrasco!
    Dont worry about life, your not going to survive it anyway.

Full grown Puffer Fish koapoorpeople's Avatar

new site for me, thanks!

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

Squid likes shotguns. Even as handguns. <G> My "room cleaner" is an old stagecoach with a pistol grip; barrel so short you can touch the shells. Several Mossberg's laying around also. Handguns are an old 45 and a Desert Eagle 50 cal. and I don't shoot them at the range more than once a year to stay familiar with them. My son goes to the range all the time though. I have never hunted with anything other than a bow, and it's been years since I did that. My gun ownership is primarily for emergency useage against dangerous "animals" should the need arise.

Full grown Puffer Fish CigarRob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post

I'm swaping a Glock 30 for a H&K USP 40 tomorrow.
    I have the H&K USP Compact .40 and love it. The safety mechanism compared to the Glock is one reason I don't care for the Glocks personally.
    [SIZE="2"]Host/Producer, Blowin' Smoke Podcast™[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    I love my Glock 36 but I am thinking about getting a Kimber Tatical 1911. I tried one at the range and it was dead on.

Down here in Texas most of us carry!
    You will love the Kimber, Stog. I have the Tactical Pro II .45 ACP and it is very accurate. I didn't think I would like the big 1911 in my short hands, but the Kimbers feels good.

I have been enamoured by the Para Warthog lately. Any feedback on that particular piece?

Puffer Fish with some spikes rmrdaddy's Avatar

I have also been eying the HAWG series from Para!

And I too have a Kimber. Stainless Custom II. VERY accurate, no FTF or FTE's to date, it's 3 years I think...(where's the thumb up smiley when you need it??)

Quote Originally Posted by CigarRob View Post
    I have the H&K USP Compact .40 and love it. The safety mechanism compared to the Glock is one reason I don't care for the Glocks personally.
    That is definitely a nice sidearm. Both the XD .40 and the Taurus 24/7 .45 Pro have excellent safety mechanisms. For the XD, it has a grip safety, a standard safety and a trigger safety. It also has a firing pin indicator and a loaded chamber indicator. It's about as safe as a handgun can be. The Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP Pro has some impressive features. It has an integral gun lock (with keys) that will render the gun useless to fire. It also has a regular safety and a loaded chamber indicator.

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl View Post

You know, you'd think I'd be fearful of guns since gunfire has touched my life twice, but honestly, the incidents have just taught me to respect guns.

Anyhow...

Amen, sister!

For post-crawl, we went skeet shooting and it was The Girl Wonder's first time. Now I have been told she wants a shotgun and wants to go get her carry permit and wants a CCW...with a laser grip. I've created a Second Amendment monster!

Good site Squiddy. Useful for me actually, with my recent move to NC from GA.

I guess I missed this post earlier... What do you shoot? I have a Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP as well as a Springfield XD 40. Shoot from time to time to let off some stress. My younger bro got me into it and he is becoming more accomplished. Shoots competitively now and is always calling me up to tell me his latest Bowling Pin shoot and metal target exploits. Interested in what "fires" you up!!

CD
    Taurus is such a nice piece. I have always wanted one. I don't know how long it will before I get mine since the permit laws are stricter in VA then in PA. Buddha got me interested in shooting handguns. I will have to tell you the story of me shooting his revolver one day.

I missed this post also. I need to open my eyes more.

Kay

Puffer Fish with some spikes cigarlvr-cl's Avatar

The Glock 26/subcompact 40 is one of my favs.
    "Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma."

Quote Originally Posted by CigarRob View Post
    Amen, sister!

For post-crawl, we went skeet shooting and it was The Girl Wonder's first time. Now I have been told she wants a shotgun and wants to go get her carry permit and wants a CCW...with a laser grip. I've created a Second Amendment monster!
    Don't ever cross her!!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybee View Post
    Taurus is such a nice piece. I have always wanted one. I don't know how long it will before I get mine since the permit laws are stricter in VA then in PA. Buddha got me interested in shooting handguns. I will have to tell you the story of me shooting his revolver one day.

I missed this post also. I need to open my eyes more.

Kay
    Kay, I really like the Taurus. I've read countless stories of people having issues with the 24/7 Pro - mostly due to the magazines they use. That being said, I have like 1200 rounds through mine and not one jam or misfire. If it were to misfire though, it reverts to double-action to release the jam and cartridge and allow the gun to reload. Pretty cool stuff.

Kay, here's a little story for you. I went shooting in RI when Julie and I were up there to visit my family for the holidays. My brother took us shooting at his local range. We had the place to ourselves and had 3 lanes. I stopped and went to watch how Julie was doing. Well, Julie stepped up and put two magazines pretty much all center mass. With about 3 rounds left in her last mag and from about 30 ft, there's this piece of paper hanging in the bullseye (she shot the heck out of it already) and she stops and says "I'm gonna take that flap off with the last three...". My brother looks at me and doesn't say anything. She turns her head back on target and "blam, blam...". Got it in two. The piece falls. My brother turns his head to me and silently stares at me. Later he said, "Dude don't every do anything to make HER mad enough to kick your a**! "I concur" I said.

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast