Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hand Guns

This is a discussion on Hand Guns within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Bordering on a "Political Topic" I just wanted to post an interresting web site... www.packing.org...

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

Hand Guns

Bordering on a "Political Topic" I just wanted to post an interresting web site...

www.packing.org

Banned

Been to that site numerous times....Good info to be had there.

Full grown Puffer Fish CigarRob's Avatar

Nice site...been there many times.
    [SIZE="2"]Host/Producer, Blowin' Smoke Podcast™[/SIZE]

Good site Squiddy. Useful for me actually, with my recent move to NC from GA.

I guess I missed this post earlier... What do you shoot? I have a Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP as well as a Springfield XD 40. Shoot from time to time to let off some stress. My younger bro got me into it and he is becoming more accomplished. Shoots competitively now and is always calling me up to tell me his latest Bowling Pin shoot and metal target exploits. Interested in what "fires" you up!!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Banned

I've gone back to my roots...My duty gun is a Colt Lawman MK III. I found one in NIB condition about six months ago and bought it at a real bargin. I love revolvers. I still have numerous semi-autos...Glocks...Sigs.

I'm swaping a Glock 30 for a H&K USP 40 tomorrow.

Full grown Puffer Fish countnikon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    Good site Squiddy. Useful for me actually, with my recent move to NC from GA.

I guess I missed this post earlier... What do you shoot? I have a Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP as well as a Springfield XD 40. Shoot from time to time to let off some stress. My younger bro got me into it and he is becoming more accomplished. Shoots competitively now and is always calling me up to tell me his latest Bowling Pin shoot and metal target exploits. Interested in what "fires" you up!!

CD
    How do you like your Springfield?

My wife says I get a handgun for Christmas/Birthday

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

I love my Glock 36 but I am thinking about getting a Kimber Tatical 1911. I tried one at the range and it was dead on.

Down here in Texas most of us carry!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Young Puffer Fish

Kimber makes some great 1911's. I have the Raptor II and I love it, I'm still partial to my Glocks though. If you got the cash the Kimber Custom Covert II is nice as well.

Full grown Puffer Fish countnikon's Avatar

Just as another little tip here, a good site to check prices on guns is http://www.gunbroker.com.

I've been looking on there to compare prices against the local shops here.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish supergirl's Avatar

Interesting site. I wish MD wasn't so restrictive with the handgun laws. I was born and raised in TX and I remember going hunting with rifles (last time was when I was 17) and my parents each had a handgun we had to learn to fire.

Last time I fired a weapon, was BMT and it was an M-16 I believe. Miss those days.

The bf's duty gun is a Glock 23. We're shopping around for a smaller off-duty weapon, since he's always carrying. We're planning on getting down to the range soon so he can teach me how to handle it.

You know, you'd think I'd be fearful of guns since gunfire has touched my life twice, but honestly, the incidents have just taught me to respect guns.

Anyhow...
    “When a man and woman share the love of cigars, it creates a unique intimacy.”

Quote Originally Posted by countnikon View Post
    How do you like your Springfield?

My wife says I get a handgun for Christmas/Birthday
    The SD 40 is the most natural gun I have shot. The angle of the grip leads to an easy placement of your hands on the firearm and allows you a very natural shooting angle. The gun just lines itself up for you. That plus the balance of the weight of the barrel is such that the kick on the 40 is minimal. My brother liked it so much when he was down here last time, he bought the .45 ACP version. He loves that as well. The thing never jams either (run thousands and thousands of rounds through it). It's simple, reliable and fun. I would characterize my recommendation as "glowing". Go to your nearest range and shoot one first, I think you will like it! My 2¢

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by countnikon View Post
    Just as another little tip here, a good site to check prices on guns is http://www.gunbroker.com.

I've been looking on there to compare prices against the local shops here.
    Funny stuff. The guy that owns that site is a shareholder in my company. Actually, a couple of employees of that company are also employees of ours as well. I can't really get any spiffs or anything, but I can say that they run a TOP NOTCH marketplace!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I've gone back to my roots...My duty gun is a Colt Lawman MK III. I found one in NIB condition about six months ago and bought it at a real bargin. I love revolvers. I still have numerous semi-autos...Glocks...Sigs.

I'm swaping a Glock 30 for a H&K USP 40 tomorrow.
    I don't really have a gun for "protection" here. However, if I were to go and get one, I would get a revolver. The Colt Lawman MK III is nice. What would you say is it's best quality(ties)? Just interested in what you have to say about it.

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Para Ordnance makes a nice 1911
    When I read about the evils of smoking, I gave up reading

A couple of pics of what I shoot.

CD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hand Guns-xd_40.jpg   Hand Guns-24-7_pro.jpg  
    I SMOKE cigars.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast