Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Guns and Cigars

This is a discussion on Guns and Cigars within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Interesting weapon. The 500 I believe is a little heaver than the 454 casul. The 454 delivers as much energy ...

Interesting weapon. The 500 I believe is a little heaver than the 454 casul. The 454 delivers as much energy at 100 yards as the 44mag does at the barrel. Yup - its snappy - the 500 pictured has a short barrel, which really adds to the snappiness. If you look closely, the front of the barrel is ported, which helps reduce the recoil.
    There would be two reasons for me not to shoot this weapon too often. 1 is recoil, and 2 is the cost. I believe the bullets are between 1 and 2 dollars each.
    I'll stick with my 44. Yea it is a little lite for bear, but the 44 is a whole lot easier and cheaper to shoot.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by baba View Post
    Interesting weapon. The 500 I believe is a little heaver than the 454 casul. The 454 delivers as much energy at 100 yards as the 44mag does at the barrel. Yup - its snappy - the 500 pictured has a short barrel, which really adds to the snappiness. If you look closely, the front of the barrel is ported, which helps reduce the recoil.
    There would be two reasons for me not to shoot this weapon too often. 1 is recoil, and 2 is the cost. I believe the bullets are between 1 and 2 dollars each.
    I'll stick with my 44. Yea it is a little lite for bear, but the 44 is a whole lot easier and cheaper to shoot.
    My .44 may be "a little lite for bear," but at three AM in a tent, knowing I have it makes the little noises outside sound much less menacing. I don't think I would bet on that bear, but I know that my wrist will be just fine.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to try

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes azpostal's Avatar

Nice pics and that .500 costs to much to shoot and the medical bills for your wrist and forehead will be very expensive

jam
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jam's Avatar

if its only for the range there all good and fun if its for carry nothing beats a Glock and revolvers when u squezze the trigger they go bang no cough nothing
    hoohoo:~~Jam~~

Puffer Fish with many spikes xxwaldoxx-cl's Avatar

Nice pictures.
    Biggest hand gun I've fired was a 454 Casul with a long barrel (8" I believe). That was alot of fun to shoot, I wonder how the two compare recoil wise.
    Walt White
    Co-Founder: Stogie Review

Puffer Fish with many spikes CGARMAN23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baba View Post

He hasn't fired it yet. He does have other handguns he does shoot though.
    I am sure there are many things better than a good cigar, but right now, I can't think of what they might be. ~ Richard Carleton

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Vic81's Avatar

Nice pic - I think I'll stick to my 40cal glock and 38 special.........i prefer my wrist functional

Kat Krap Kontanment Media JustOneMoreStick's Avatar

Re: Guns and Cigars

the recoil inst as bad as most people would think. I say this, however my practice loads are loaded a little soft and only carry about 2000 flbs of energy at the muzzle.

My carry loads are another matter though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneMoreStick View Post
    the recoil inst as bad as most people would think. I say this, however my practice loads are loaded a little soft and only carry about 2000 flbs of energy at the muzzle.

My carry loads are another matter though.
    My Henry Big Boy rifle in .44 rem mag is one of my favorites. However I actually use a recoil reducer from my shotguns on it, when I shoot the mags. It doesnt look pretty, but it makes it more shootable.
    While the .500 s and w is not the most powerfull handgun, I will not shoot powerfull handguns anymore. Leaves my hand too sore. My .,45 government models are about as powerfull as Id rather shoot these days.
    Usually I shoot specials, or cowboy loads from ultrmax with the Henry. . I put the rem mags in it, when I need to be serious.

Much regards Jerry

This was moments before Yogi got shot for stealing the basket:

What do you love about cigar smoking? {The solidarity and thoughts. The friends and banter.}

p.s. the thread title alone made me drool....
    What do you love about cigar smoking? {The solidarity and thoughts. The friends and banter.}

That is a lot of power for a 3" barrel. Nice bear gun. I don't go any bigger than a 44mag with corbon 300 gr soft points.
    smoking cigars and shooting is how I started cigars. A buddy gave me my first hand rolled cigar when we were shooting. Now I alomost have as much money in cigars as I do weapons. My humi carries 70 full boxes. I am an addict - I love to shoot and smoke cigars ! Yea

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by yzingerr View Post
    This was moments before Yogi got shot for stealing the basket:
    hahaha. that's just wrong

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish bigdaddysmoker's Avatar

i wanna fire one of those beasts someday. i have fire the Desert Eagle and it doesn't hardly kick. it would be fun to shoot that thing.

If I ever brought a hand gun home, it would only get shot once - at me!!
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast