Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Post a pic of your gun!

This is a discussion on Post a pic of your gun! within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Slowpokebill Here is a little 1941 production Walther PPK 7.65mm I picked up a couple of months ...

Holder of the crazy chain Rackir's Avatar

Re: Post a pic of your gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokebill View Post
    Here is a little 1941 production Walther PPK 7.65mm I picked up a couple of months ago.

Man thats beautiful! How does she handle and whats your opinion of the 7.65 cartridge in a pocket gun?
    I find your lack of mailbox, disturbing.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rackir View Post
    I have one of these, despite the reputation Taurus has, mine has performed flawlesly through several thousand rounds and is far more accurate than I am. Good aquisition INHO.
    That's exactly how I approached the PT1911. When it first came out I was skeptical. Then the reviews started hitting magazines and websites. Everyone seemed to be infatuated with them. One of the other members of our M/C used to have one and he has nothing but praise for them. He regrets selling his PT1911 as much as I regret selling my Springfield. Oh well, you live and you learn. But I figured with all the positives I've heard about them and no negatives that I can remember, other than trashing Taurus in general, that it was a safe bet. I've already had it apart for a cleaning. Everything seems to be manufactured and assembled well and the features on this gun, for the price, are incredible so I'm happy.
    Hangin' out with Friends

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Double action semi autos with de-cockers have always made me a bit nervous. There is something unnatural feeling about the hammer dropping on a loaded. chamber.
    Amen my brother Amen!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Man thats beautiful! How does she handle and whats your opinion of the 7.65 cartridge in a pocket gun?

Honestly I can't say how it handles. I've haven't shot this Walther. It is a completely original, high condition, early WWII, very collectable and kind of expensive Walther PPK. So, it is a safe queen and maybe I'll never shoot it, maybe.

I think current thought would be the 7.65mm (.32 acp) is an anemic round for self defense.

These are deactivated for sale in England they never get to shoot anything!
    Aren't you glad you live in the home of the free!

Deactivated PPKs - DWSUK Online Store
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    These are deactivated for sale in England they never get to shoot anything!
    Aren't you glad you live in the home of the free!

Deactivated PPKs - DWSUK Online Store
    Wow... $650+ for a weapon that won't even function...
    Hangin' out with Friends

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    Wow... $650+ for a weapon that won't even function...
    That's 650 GBP i don't know the exchange rate! But i bet its around $1,000!

The New World Order!
    Jimi Hendrix

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Wow, I looked at the link and they had a few nice hard to find Walthers. It was sad to know they were "deactivated". In functioning condition those would be good prices if the condition was as good as they looked in the photos.

Wow, I looked at the link and they had a few nice hard to find Walthers. It was sad to know they were "deactivated". In functioning condition those would be good prices if the condition was as good as they looked in the photos.
    They don't ship anywhere outside of England! That's because if you have the receiver or bottom end. You could buy all the other parts and make a functioning gun. At least here in the states ever been to a gun show. They sell receiver blanks with complete instructions for milling a working receiver!
    Jimi Hendrix

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tiger187126's Avatar

here are mine:

and for the record i'm glad you guys (well some of you anyway) agree with me on decockers. i was looking at CZ's and thinking to myself there's no way i'm going to drop the hammer, block or not. maybe it's my years of shotgunning before i ever shot a handgun but i've always felt comfortable with safety switches.

i don't carry though so it's not an issue for me.

Gentlemen, you may smoke! Mike_E's Avatar

Here's my last pistol - an AR pistol (Spikes Tactical upper and lower).
    Last edited by Mike_E; 12-05-2011 at 09:03 PM.

I think I just jizzed my pants! Hellava collection!

Nice AR Mike! I've never really understood the AR pistols though... they still have the buffer tube with is basically as long as a collapsible stock so i'd rather just have a stock on there i think, but it's VERY nice none the less!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Gentlemen, you may smoke! Mike_E's Avatar

Hey Josh, yeah - the AR pistol is for those who don't wish to file an SBR and get tagged for the NFA tax. Once you add the stock, it becomes an SBR. In California, SBR's are hard to get approved by the state DOJ. So the AR pistol is the closest we average Californians can get to a short-barrel rifle.

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

My Grand Dad's 38!
    \Name:  granddads38.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  61.5 KB
    Last edited by mturnmm; 12-22-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: No Pic WTF,tried to put the pic up 3 times sorry!
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast