Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone worried about new Gun Legislation?

This is a discussion on Anyone worried about new Gun Legislation? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I keep seeing a severe shortage of ammunition everywhere I go - even online most 9mm items are backordered. I ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

Anyone worried about new Gun Legislation?

I keep seeing a severe shortage of ammunition everywhere I go - even online most 9mm items are backordered. I assume this is a combination of the economy and crime but also impending legislation that many fear Hussein will pass.

Thoughts?

Re: Anyone worried about new Gun Legislation?

can say it hasn`t been a problem here in Pa. that I`ve seen

[ If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns]

no shortage here in Orlando.but i do worry about what OBAMA BINLADIN will do
    Last edited by docruger; 06-18-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    its all fun and games till some body gets hurt

No longer a community member.

Jon, welcome to the Glock family, I have one also. There is a cool web site out there named GlockTalk.com. I am sure you will find it both helpful and interesting. As you browse the site and read the posts you will see there is surge in handgunners especially stocking up on ammo. There is a fear that the new admnistration will either move to restrict ammo, or put such a tax on it that it will become prohibitively expensive. Sound familiar (schip)?

I personally don't take a stand on the issue. I haven't purchased any more ammo than I use but others definitely are. I do believe there will be legislation to restrict firearm sales during this administration. The President's record on this is very clear.

The web site is very informative I am sure you will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by joncaputo View Post
    I keep seeing a severe shortage of ammunition everywhere I go - even online most 9mm items are backordered. I assume this is a combination of the economy and crime but also impending legislation that many fear Hussein will pass.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jonesee; 03-12-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Right now, the only ones floating any gun legislation are those from uber liberal congressional districts. I don't see much in the way of meaningful legislation passing either side of Congress much less making it to the Presidents desk.

The dems have way too much at stake with healthcare reform, too much political capital has been expended. They have to win the HC issue, if not they fail.

If they try to introduce more controversial legislation now, such as any form of gun control it would be political suicide.

Puffer Fish with some spikes stu929's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMMT View Post
    Right now, the only ones floating any gun legislation are those from uber liberal congressional districts. I don't see much in the way of meaningful legislation passing either side of Congress much less making it to the Presidents desk.

The dems have way too much at stake with healthcare reform, too much political capital has been expended. They have to win the HC issue, if not they fail.

If they try to introduce more controversial legislation now, such as any form of gun control it would be political suicide.
    I think that TMhit the nail on the head in that if they inroduce anti gun laws right now that it would be political suicide. Think back a few months and Hillary was running around blabering about gun legislation being in the works and Obama basically told her to shut her trap. Dem's remember what happened last time they tried to take people guns away they lost the senate and I dont think that they will forget that anytime soon. As long as the Prez and his ratings are in the crapper I think that our guns may be fairly safe. If the economy turns around and his approval rating go north of 65 it might be time to hide your guns. IMHO

I myself am concerned if you haven't figured that out from my tone. I live in an uber gun restrictive state that I cannot stand and I have seen ammo vanish from shelves while prices have probably gone up 50-300% on firearams and ammo I have seen. I made a special purchase for myself when I saw the way the election was going in fear of Clinton 2.0. So far this has not happened but Im not holding my breath I believe its in his agenda he's just not showing his cards right now!

Stu

As unpopular as the liberal are regarding healthcare they risk too much, not to mention the next big agenda item on the liberals to do list is Cap-N-Trade which once opened up for debate will be about as unpopular as the whole healthcare mess.

It will end up being the single largest tax increase in US history.

I just don't see it happening, any form of gun legislation that is.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Plop007's Avatar

since those bastards are trying to ban all guns. They cant do that directly so their going to tax the hell out of ammo and guns till gun shops have to close.

Better buy your guns now before the prices are big time.

Im trying to decide which shotgun to buy right now/

mossberg 500?

I go with something that has easily interchangeable barrels so you can make the most of the platform. Also make sure it can handle 3 in magnum stuff.

In times of lean pickings you'll have to use whatever you can. find/take/beg/borrow/steal...

Full grown Puffer Fish Blackcat's Avatar

Even .22 was hard to get for a while. I overheard a clerk at Sportsman's Warehouse actually laugh at a guy when he asked to buy primers. Since then I buy whatever I have a gun for.

I have started looking at more common ammo for my area. .338 is popular & readily available.....& they have some nice new .338's =-)

BTW: lead keeps better then cigars but you might want to thing about a fire-resistant file cabinet or safe
    Never do two things illegal at the same time

I'm not so worried.... Congress is embroiled in the healthcare issue, then I think they're going to move to the climate change BS. If we can vote them out in '10, we can keep gun legislation off the tables.

Young Puffer Fish

Not worried, but as someone else said -- buy your guns now

Buy all you can now before Barry bans everything

JGD

I don't believe that Obama has ever stated that he plans to ban guns as president of the US. Am I wrong about this? I'm pretty sure he voted to pass some strict gins laws in IL, but besides that, when has he stated that he plans on banning guns?

Young Fish

Obama hasnt directly stated that he has interest in "banning guns" but he does support gun control legislation. Also, you have an all lib congress, full of gun control idiots. Fortunately as previously said, they are all to busy arguing over other things. The biggest issue is at the state level. I live in California and the fearless governator recently signed in a new law that is going to take effect here soon (not quite sure on the exact time) that restricts the amount of handgun ammo you can buy to 50 rounds per person per month. Your name everytime you buy goes into a system that has your name and fingerprints in it. No joke. Anyone else here from California feels my pain. Any other dumb legislation from other places here in the US?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast