Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

info on an old pistol

This is a discussion on info on an old pistol within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I need info on an old CZ pistol from late 30s to mid 40s. A friend has this pistol that ...

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

info on an old pistol

I need info on an old CZ pistol from late 30s to mid 40s. A friend has this pistol that was handed down from generations that his great grandfather carried as an officer with the German SS. Its a SLAVIA 6.35mm model 28. Its just a little semi auto with an 8 round clip. It and other models like it are referred to as "suicide pistols" or "pocket pistols". My friend has taken this gun to gunshows and tons of dealers and nobody can find any information on it. Ive done tons of searches and cant come up with the exact gun. Ive found info on earlier models and later models but not the 28. Ive even looked at a product history of the manufacturer and the gun is not listed. This pistol is in excellent condition in the original box, with holster and all paperwork. I dont think he would ever sell it but he just wants to know what he is in possesion of.

No longer a community member.

Re: info on an old pistol

I did some quick research maybe this link will help your friend. It is a czech pistol.

"Antonin VilÝmec began producing the Slavia pistol in the Bohemian town of Kdyne in late 1920 or early 1921. The gun is a simplified copy of the Browning-designed Colt 1908. VilÝmec eliminated the grip safety in the Browning design. By 1931 serial numbers were in the 70,000 range, but R.J. Berger doubts that many were actually produced (Know Your Czechoslovakian Pistols, p. 86). In 1935 the company was taken over by Posumavska Zbrojovka Kohout & Spol., also of Kdyne, and the name of the pistol was changed to MARS. Later, the MARS pistol was copied as the DUO, and later still as the Z."

This link may be helpful in his search:

Slavia

I believe this is the modern name of the company that still manufacturers them:

ÔESK┴ ZBROJOVKA a.s., UHERSK» BROD

and a link to their website:

http://www.topguns.ch/catalog/CZ_Pistolen_07.pdf

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

Re: info on an old pistol

that pistol in the pic is the exact one. Weve seen some that were just like it but it didnt say SLAVIA on the grips. It also seems that the serial and model numbers arent in the same locations on every gun. Thanks for the info....i was actually on that website earlier tonight and didnt see those pics.