Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Interesting Leftist editorial on new "Carry in Parks" legislation..

This is a discussion on Interesting Leftist editorial on new "Carry in Parks" legislation.. within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Elmer Smith: Pack a rod in Independence Hall? Your senators and the NRA get the credit | Philadelphia Daily News ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FN in MT's Avatar

Interesting Leftist editorial on new "Carry in Parks" legislation..

Elmer Smith: Pack a rod in Independence Hall? Your senators and the NRA get the credit | Philadelphia Daily News | 05/15/2009

Noticed this yesterday in a local paper. During my visit here in Jersey the anti gun attitude is surprising to me. I sent a rebuttal e mail to the author but doubt if I'll get a reply. So many here absolutely think that the mere presence of a firearm causes death and destruction. As though the guns have a mind of their own. AMAZING.

The majority of the east coast residents have turned into a population of SHEEPLE. They follow the herd, wait for their Govt master to feed and care for them. Unable to think for themselves.

I wonder WHAT would happen here if we experienced a truely large scale Terrorist attack or similar natural disaster? One that truly crippled local Govt to the point these people wold have to fend for themselves.

FN in MT

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: Interesting Leftist editorial on new "Carry in Parks" legislation..

There are a lot of misguided people out there. From his view point, I don't think everyone who is an American should be allowed to indiscriminantly buy,keep and bare arms without any oversight at all.I think that people who are allowed to bear arms on a regular basis in the general public should only be allowed to do so after an intense background and psychological check as well as use training the same as if they were a police officer.

I don't think that need apply to sportsmen as generally they are a set unto their own and carrying a firearm under very different circumstances and conditions than those who do so in the realm of the general public on a daily basis.

But what this guy is completly failing to notice or to address is anyone who wants to maim and murder in a public building or anywhere else is free to do so in this country.If i'm intent on murdering someone it's as simple as buying a firearm off the black market then laughing at the sign that says no firearms allowed as I walk into the building.And the ONLY thing that might stop that or to lessen the damage is if someone else in that building had a firearm as well and shot him before he shot them.

I appear in court every week as a Loss Prevention/Risk Management consultant and can tell you that the sherriff department who use metal detectors and wands is a joke. Nine times out of ten if you put on a suit and tie they wave you through without so much as a glance.And even if they do check and wand you all you have to do is simply put the gun in your pants behind your belt buckle.They wand over the buckle,contribute the hit as the buckle then tell you to keep going.

The fact is,I can enter any building in the U.S. at least as far as the entry point and start shooting the place up and there can not be a law made that could stop me from doing so.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FN in MT's Avatar

Re: Interesting Leftist editorial on new "Carry in Parks" legislation..

LB,

How many times have we had horrific shootings on a campus or public building and we wonder how differently things would have been had there been an off duty LEO or an armed citizen?

Along the same lines...when a crime IS actually sidetracked due to a firearm....we seldom if ever hear or read about it. The media is currently so Liberal (-FOX) that reporting something positive regarding the 2nd Amendment is counter to their agenda.

I'm so fortunate to reside in a State that exhibits some common sense regarding the issue of carry laws.

FN in MT