Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ruger Mini14

This is a discussion on Ruger Mini14 within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by petster774 We have gun laws, just like down south. Ruger ranch rifles, AR15, and countless other 'black ...

Non-Professional Traveler Denny32's Avatar

Re: Ruger Mini14

Quote Originally Posted by petster774 View Post
    We have gun laws, just like down south. Ruger ranch rifles, AR15, and countless other 'black rifles' are perfectly legal here. They are just considered restricted, meaning you need a special 'authorization to transport', or ATT.
    Ammo is prohibitively expensive here as well
    How difficult is it to obtain a ATT permit?

My friends who come down each spring love the arsenal of assault type weapons and handguns we bring out to shoot. There are about 10 of us who bring out some of our nicer firepower. We call it our annual Bunny Hunt. But there has never been a bunny hurt ever.

Now when we go North of the boarder....they usually take us to a different type of bunny hunt at gentlemen clubs. Not much shooting there either.
    Northern Wisconsin. Where it never rains....But the mosquitoes sure sweat a lot.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Denny32 View Post
    How difficult is it to obtain a ATT permit?

My friends who come down each spring love the arsenal of assault type weapons and handguns we bring out to shoot. There are about 10 of us who bring out some of our nicer firepower. We call it our annual Bunny Hunt. But there has never been a bunny hurt ever.

Now when we go North of the boarder....they usually take us to a different type of bunny hunt at gentlemen clubs. Not much shooting there either.
    Well that depends where in Canada they take you. Here, in Alberta it's very much the Far West in comparison with the rest. Guns, chewing tobacco, and giant trucks. I don't mean that to disparage my province in any way, but North of Calgary there's a lot of that.
    Upon applying for the possession/acquisition certificate, you pay extra for the 'restricted' clause to be put on your license. With that you can own pistols, as long as they barrels are a minimum of 4inches, with a ten rnd mag capacity. Semi auto rifles(expect the AR15) are restricted to 5 rounds.
    The ATT is just a phone call away. Mine is long term, five yrs I think. I can take my guns to any range in Alberta.
    It's a strict system in comparison with some US states, but its not California!!
    I hear your gun stores are amazing down there

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish arodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petster774 View Post
    Well that depends where in Canada they take you. Here, in Alberta it's very much the Far West in comparison with the rest. Guns, chewing tobacco, and giant trucks. I don't mean that to disparage my province in any way, but North of Calgary there's a lot of that.
    Upon applying for the possession/acquisition certificate, you pay extra for the 'restricted' clause to be put on your license. With that you can own pistols, as long as they barrels are a minimum of 4inches, with a ten rnd mag capacity. Semi auto rifles(expect the AR15) are restricted to 5 rounds.
    The ATT is just a phone call away. Mine is long term, five yrs I think. I can take my guns to any range in Alberta.
    It's a strict system in comparison with some US states, but its not California!!
    I hear your gun stores are amazing down there
    That sounds a lot more strict than California, actually. No barrel length limit (other than federal law), 10 round capacity instead of 5, no license required to own most firearms, etc. Don't get me wrong... I hate California's laws having grown up in Texas, but they aren't as bad as a lot of people think. Hell, you can even get a carry license quite easily in my county.

That new Ruger piston AR looks awesome. Pretty much everything I've been looking for in an AR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2