Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Old gun help!

This is a discussion on Old gun help! within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows anything about old gun?? Over 25 years ago my dad got this ...

Old gun help!

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows anything about old gun?? Over 25 years ago my dad got this gun from a friend when he was in the army. He no longer lives with us so I don't know much about this gun or if its even real. I'll post few pictures if nobody knows anything maybe someone could point me towards a forum or something, thanks.
    Last edited by louistogie; 11-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

Re: Old gun help!

Id say its very real. Not sure of the manufacturer. Appears to be a 50 caliber. Percussion cap ignition. Brass with steel barrell. Im sure somebody on here will chime in.
    I am my brothers keeper.

I think its a Colt, probably not real old, but hard to tell. PM'd for more info. But yeah, it's definately a precussion cap blackpowder pistol!

Thanks guys, bump so other can see!

Yeah, I saw several listings like that (not internet savvy enough to know how to link), and this pistol appears to be a replica. The only thing that makes me wonder, I went on a couple of 'blue book' sites for it's value, and Colt replicas have proof marks corresponding to age. This gun doesn't have any...hummm....pm'd op about a site where blackpowder nuts hang out, I hope they can let him know for sure....Slim chance (but hey, there's a chance) that is gun might have some real value. Would hate to see him part with it on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by GunHand View Post
    Yeah, I saw several listings like that (not internet savvy enough to know how to link), and this pistol appears to be a replica. The only thing that makes me wonder, I went on a couple of 'blue book' sites for it's value, and Colt replicas have proof marks corresponding to age. This gun doesn't have any...hummm....pm'd op about a site where blackpowder nuts hang out, I hope they can let him know for sure....Slim chance (but hey, there's a chance) that is gun might have some real value. Would hate to see him part with it on the cheap.
    Just click on the link and your there...Less than c note they are asking...

I didn't explain...I don't know how to put the link on this thread. Yeah, I though it was knda BS that they want $100 just to tell you a little about a gun they manufactured! Don't think I would spend that on a gun, that if it's a replic, would only be worth $100 max. Thought about swinging by Barnes & Noble in the 'Big Town' and checking out the Blue Book of gun values. Need to get a copy, it's a little pricey, though. Have thumded through their copy to check out prices before....

Oh I was just posting a link to one that someone has for sale on Guns America. They are asking less than a c note for it. I would say yours is the same made by CMC...Probably a replica...

Yeah, the link I'm not smart enough to be able to post was from Colt. They wanted $100 just to tell the guy a little about the gun (they made). Thought that was a LITTLE high!!! But yeah, more than likely a replic...still kinda a cool piece IMO!

Yeah its a replica. Its not worth more than $75. I hoping it was worth something lol.

To bad it's a replica, but it is kinda cool looking!

Yeah I wanted to sell it. But what ever. haha.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish arodgers's Avatar

Pat pend stamp means it's from 1968 or newer.

If it's not worth much, that's not a bad thing! Fix it up and have fun with it! You won't have to worry about damaging and antique if it's not one.