Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Not allowed weapons in the UK but I am a cop so at work I carry an Asp 21" friction ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Pandyboy's Avatar

Re: What Is your Carry Weapon

Not allowed weapons in the UK but I am a cop so at work I carry an Asp 21" friction lock batton, CS spray and rigid handcuffs. No guns for most cops here either. But then we don't have the gun crime that other countries do!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Just picked up a Beretta Nano in 9mm this week. It is small enough to fit in my pocket and acurate enough to foul up anyone for life if they need to be fouled up from 15yrds or less.

That's nice. As far as size , how is it compared to the Ruger LCR, S&W Shield or a J frame ? I'm looking for a smaller decent sized pocket gun. I've gotten spoiled by carrying my Seecamp, I dread hanging the brick G27 off my belt now.

Happiness is a MA DUCE 03Jarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandyboy View Post
    Not allowed weapons in the UK but I am a cop so at work I carry an Asp 21" friction lock batton, CS spray and rigid handcuffs. No guns for most cops here either. But then we don't have the gun crime that other countries do!
    Does anyone carry I always wondered what u guys do whith crimes involving guns. They Marines are nuts you peole run around without guns lol be safe
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each ,military member who has died protecting it

Quote Originally Posted by cw_mi View Post
    That's nice. As far as size , how is it compared to the Ruger LCR, S&W Shield or a J frame ? I'm looking for a smaller decent sized pocket gun. I've gotten spoiled by carrying my Seecamp, I dread hanging the brick G27 off my belt now.
    Do you have a Jframe? If you don't I think that's what you should go with, it's a nice tool in the toolbox to have. I love mine, and split my carry about 50/50 between my Jframe and G23.

I'm in the royal oak area and would be more than happy to meet up with you to let you shoot my Jframe if you want. I've got a stainless hammer less .38 +p. Hit me with a PM if you're interested.

Also what (if any) local B&Ms do you frequent? My hangout is the CFO in Troy.
    “When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.” Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Smith and Wesson M & P .40c

love everything about it. I will post a pic when I get a few more post under my noob belt.

Full grown Puffer Fish SystemError's Avatar

I live in California, only the criminals get to carry guns here......

LOB's Fourth HorseMouse the_brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SystemError View Post
    I live in California, only the criminals get to carry guns here......
    Brain: I live in Mass and still have the licence... Sig 229 in 357sig...
    The bombers, aka vermin, are back...

Quote Originally Posted by the_brain View Post
    Solid pistol, but for some reason I would have expected something more esoteric for you to carry. Maybe a P7. Your caliber choice does slightly qualify though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdio View Post
    Solid pistol, but for some reason I would have expected something more esoteric for you to carry. Maybe a P7. Your caliber choice does slightly qualify though.
    Brain: Esoteric is fun for a lot of things, but not a carry weapon... You want reliable and accurate... Reliable for me means SIG or Glock, but Glocks are not allowed in Mass, and the SIG fits my hand the best... Also very accurate in this caliber...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandyboy View Post
    No you have no gun crimes but plenty of other crime your the worst in Europe statistically this tells me that disarming the people does nothing to stop crime!

England has worse crime rate than the US, says Civitas study - Telegraph

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

Crime rates in England and Wales 'worse than US' - Crime - UK - The Independent
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

Brain: Esoteric is fun for a lot of things, but not a carry weapon... You want reliable and accurate... Reliable for me means SIG or Glock, but Glocks are not allowed in Mass, and the SIG fits my hand the best... Also very accurate in this caliber...
    No glocks. I'm not at all a glock fan but that blows. What is the logic behind it.

In California we are not allowed mags over 10 rounds unless the mag predates the ban. And we can't get gen4 glocks without doing a single shot exemption.

But no glocks. Why? They are not any more deadly than a 1911.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Very true. I want total reliability but demand only "good enough" accuracy. I'm not shooting offhand bullseye, I just need to put a quick few to COM. As I said above 95% of my carry is my g23 or Jframe.

I looked at .357 sig for my glock, and while ballistically I do like it, .40 is the caliber of my competition pistol and I wanted to keep things simple and mags and ammo interchangeable.

I didnt know glocks were verbotten in MA. Too bad, I love my ugly hunks of black plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by CALIFORNIA KID View Post
    But no glocks. Why? They are not any more deadly than a 1911.
    Brain: They don't meet our "safety standards" due to the trigger pull weight and the lack of an approved "positive load indicator"... Fine for me, I got the weapon I would have gatten anyway, not a Glock fan...

Full grown Puffer Fish SystemError's Avatar

Its pretty much impossible to get a CCW in california

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SystemError View Post
    Its pretty much impossible to get a CCW in california
    California is one of those places I just don't get. They are in worse shape then anybody but for some reason, all the other states want to pass the same legislation! To be fair and not single out CA, we also have to group Massachusetts and NY in there too.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast