Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by SystemError Its pretty much impossible to get a CCW in california I thought it really varied by ...

Re: What Is your Carry Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by SystemError View Post
    Its pretty much impossible to get a CCW in california
    I thought it really varied by county. I've heard some people up north have no problem getting them. Is this the case or have things changed?
    “When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.” Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Full grown Puffer Fish SystemError's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdio View Post
    I thought it really varied by county. I've heard some people up north have no problem getting them. Is this the case or have things changed?
    From my understanding, law enforcement, and maybe military have the best chance of getting a CCW. I am sure some normal folk have got them, but the majority of people in california, is not even an option. Hopes this makes sense, im drunk haha.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Here we go.. finally able to get the pic up. M&P .40 compact. Great carry!

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Here we go.. finally able to get the pic up. M&P .40 compact. Great carry!

Looks nice-I'm a smitty and wess fanboy. I likes!
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    Looks nice-I'm a smitty and wess fanboy. I likes!
    Thanks man! I had a Glock 17 that I sold for this. My only regret was not doing it sooner!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

In sacramento county it is Will issue so it's a lot easier to get one than many other places.

The hard part is getting the meating with the person who handles them. As or right now they are booked through the end of the year.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Happiness is a MA DUCE 03Jarhead's Avatar

Name:  gun1.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  77.9 KB

this is my main carry weapon but have others
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each ,military member who has died protecting it

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CALIFORNIA KID View Post
    No glocks. I'm not at all a glock fan but that blows. What is the logic behind it.

In California we are not allowed mags over 10 rounds unless the mag predates the ban. And we can't get gen4 glocks without doing a single shot exemption.

But no glocks. Why? They are not any more deadly than a 1911.
    State gun laws blow i can shoot my Ak47 in New York but not Conn.
    I can snoot my M16 in either state.
    Now i ask you is the Ak more danger in the wrong hands than the 16
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    State gun laws blow i can shoot my Ak47 in New York but not Conn.
    I can shoot my M16 in either state.
    Now i ask you is the Ak more danger in the wrong hands than the 16
    Indeed it is not. I remember vividly a story from when I was going through auto training. We trained on our choice of MP5's and M16's. There was a fellow in the class who went for a 16 because he "knew it" better than the H&K, promptly shot himself in the foot(steel toe of his boot) blamed the 16, swapped it for the H&K, promptly shot himself in the other foot(again steel toe of boot), and was from there ejected from the class. Still to this day I think about that and shake my head.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdio View Post
    Do you have a Jframe? If you don't I think that's what you should go with, it's a nice tool in the toolbox to have. I love mine, and split my carry about 50/50 between my Jframe and G23.

I'm in the royal oak area and would be more than happy to meet up with you to let you shoot my Jframe if you want. I've got a stainless hammer less .38 +p. Hit me with a PM if you're interested.

Also what (if any) local B&Ms do you frequent? My hangout is the CFO in Troy.
    I had a J frame and liked it alot , until the wife took it. That is now her carry gun. I didn't really like pocket carrying it though. I rotate between the Seecamp, M&P.40C and a G27. If I can get something that will replace all three of those I am in.
    The B&M's I frequent are Churchills at 15 and Orchard Lk and Jenuwine in Sterling Hgts. Robusto's closed , which was close to my house.. really bummed about that.
    How is the CFO in Troy ?

It's great. It's actually Jenuwine as well, was their first location. No bar there (they may be putting one in though) much more relaxed casual atmosphere I feel than in Sterling. The guys who work there seem way more knowledgeable about cigars than at sterling. Prices are exactly the same, and inventory is about the same. Each store has a few things that the other doesn't but probably 90% the same. I really prefer it to sterling, it's way closer for me and I enjoy the more casual feel. Sterling really changed once they got the bar in.
    “When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.” Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Made a big move today and traded in one full sized 1911, Springfield Mil-Spec SS, to get two different guns that will both be easier to carry concealed. Because I live in NM, I wanted to keep the 45ACP round near my hip so I picked up a Kimber Ultra Carry II with night sights. For days when it's too hot, and I wear a pair of board shorts and undershirt to hang by the pool, I also picked up a Taurus 738 TCP that fits in ANY pocket. Been a long time away from this forum because I'm a full time student now, as well as SSgt in the Air Force, and a son who is about to turn 1. But I LOVE talking guns

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beebo View Post
    Indeed it is not. I remember vividly a story from when I was going through auto training. We trained on our choice of MP5's and M16's. There was a fellow in the class who went for a 16 because he "knew it" better than the H&K, promptly shot himself in the foot(steel toe of his boot) blamed the 16, swapped it for the H&K, promptly shot himself in the other foot(again steel toe of boot), and was from there ejected from the class. Still to this day I think about that and shake my head.
    I have seen my sisters husbands brother shoot himself in the foot at the range up in Millerton. With an Ar-15 he as well blamed the rifle, now how stupid is one to not make sure it is empty. Then point it downwards with their finger on the trigger. I thought that was the dumbest thing till i read your story to do it twice is inconceivable.I took my 2nd wife shooting once she was a pretty good shot. She's shooting my Colt 1911 and decides to stop talk about something with her finger on the trigger pointing it all over the place. Needless to say i never took her again another rocket scientist she was. Too much time on the looks line no time on the brain line LOL!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Happiness is a MA DUCE 03Jarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    I have seen my sisters husbands brother shoot himself in the foot at the range up in Millerton. With an Ar-15 he as well blamed the rifle, now how stupid is one to not make sure it is empty. Then point it downwards with their finger on the trigger. I thought that was the dumbest thing till i read your story to do it twice is inconceivable.I took my 2nd wife shooting once she was a pretty good shot. She's shooting my Colt 1911 and decides to stop talk about something with her finger on the trigger pointing it all over the place. Needless to say i never took her again another rocket scientist she was. Too much time on the looks line no time on the brain line LOL!
    Tony you should of droped her Corps style for flaging the line afterwards you can say sorry natural reaction lol
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each ,military member who has died protecting it

Young Fish

I generally carry a pocket knife.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast