Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by bs240 I keep the FMJ in the Chamber for 2 reasons. First, if I shot my self ...

Leading Puffer Fish

re: What Is your Carry Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by bs240 View Post
    I keep the FMJ in the Chamber for 2 reasons.

First, if I shot my self for some dumb reason or another (used to have a Glock and didnt want Glock Ass) I would much rather get shot with a FMJ than a HP. hahaha

The Second reason is because if i was sitting in my vehicle and someone comes to my door acting a fool. the FMJ will go through the Metal better than the HP would

Kind of goofy when i think about it Hahahaha
    LOL both very good reasons! The reason I'm hesitant to do that is precisely the same as your second, I'd be concerned that if I shot someone that the round would over penetrate and cause damage behind my target. Plus, my FMJ ammo that I use in practice has less power than my beastly HP rounds

BTW have you had any problems with your weapon jamming? Mine, on occasion, doesn't slide the next round all the way into the chamber and the slide gets caught on the round... I've never been able to fix this. I've tried changing magazines, obviously. Just curious if it's a problem inherent in the Taurus .45s or something.

Leading Puffer Fish

BTW, I've always wanted to have Scotch, Shots, and Stogies event so we can combine all the great aspects of ATF let's make this happen and we can all show of our various arsenals.

Puffer Fish with some spikes bs240's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
    LOL both very good reasons! The reason I'm hesitant to do that is precisely the same as your second, I'd be concerned that if I shot someone that the round would over penetrate and cause damage behind my target. Plus, my FMJ ammo that I use in practice has less power than my beastly HP rounds

BTW have you had any problems with your weapon jamming? Mine, on occasion, doesn't slide the next round all the way into the chamber and the slide gets caught on the round... I've never been able to fix this. I've tried changing magazines, obviously. Just curious if it's a problem inherent in the Taurus .45s or something.
    Sam that does happen to me when its cold out. Now I am in Texas so that doesn't happen very often
    "If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go" ~ Mark Twain

Puffer Fish with some spikes bs240's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
    BTW, I've always wanted to have Scotch, Shots, and Stogies event so we can combine all the great aspects of ATF let's make this happen and we can all show of our various arsenals.
    I like that a lot

oh btw i bought a humi from you about 4 months ago and I love it
    "If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go" ~ Mark Twain

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by bs240 View Post
    I like that a lot

oh btw i bought a humi from you about 4 months ago and I love it
    Glad you like it bro!

I live in Florida so I'm not sure if cold is the issue... I'm stumped. Just don't want it to jam when I actually need it lol.

Glock 19 IWB (M-TAC) or OWB...
    or
    Taurus 605 (.357 MAG) in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster - BTW a snub nose .357 MAG Kicks HARD! I was surprised! I had throbbing sore hands after shooting the first 10 rounds. But now I know how to shoot it and not be sore...

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by CPJim View Post
    Glock 19 IWB (M-TAC) or OWB...
    or
    Taurus 605 (.357 MAG) in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster - BTW a snub nose .357 MAG Kicks HARD! I was surprised! I had throbbing sore hands after shooting the first 10 rounds. But now I know how to shoot it and not be sore...
    How big is that Taurus 605?

Quote Originally Posted by CPJim View Post
    BTW a snub nose .357 MAG Kicks HARD! I was surprised! I had throbbing sore hands after shooting the first 10 rounds. But now I know how to shoot it and not be sore...
    No joke!!
    Thats what I have and it packs a wallup! I got some good grips on it to keep it and my hands under control.

Jack Booted Puffer Fish triad47's Avatar

It really depends on the clothing I am wearing. I can get away with full size .45's (my pref) in the winter.

- XD45SC
    - 1911 SA Micro Operator
    - Sig 225 or 220

If I need smaller weapons:

- Glock 27
    - XD9SC
    - Colt Mustang

And for light clothing:

- Kel-Tec P3AT

I like having alot of carry options, and I shoot a ton. If SHTF I want to be proficient in a bunch of weapons

"Gunna need to see some ID..." -

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish bigdaddysmoker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by triad47 View Post
    It really depends on the clothing I am wearing. I can get away with full size .45's (my pref) in the winter.

- XD45SC
    - 1911 SA Micro Operator
    - Sig 225 or 220

If I need smaller weapons:

- Glock 27
    - XD9SC
    - Colt Mustang

And for light clothing:

- Kel-Tec P3AT

I like having alot of carry options, and I shoot a ton. If SHTF I want to be proficient in a bunch of weapons
    amen, triad. except i keep it simple. i have a .45, ar15 and an ak47. i practice with these the most of any gun i own. i figure if the SHTF, this ammo will be laying around
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later. Mitch Hedberg, R.I.P.

Either a Glock 36 (.45 ACP) slim profile with extended grip

or

CZ P-01 (9mm)

Jack Booted Puffer Fish triad47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddysmoker View Post
    amen, triad. except i keep it simple. i have a .45, ar15 and an ak47. i practice with these the most of any gun i own. i figure if the SHTF, this ammo will be laying around
    Copy sir.

I am going to buy a Remington 870 here after the holidays and pour a bunch of money into making it a nasty patrol gun.

I'd like to be a Rangemaster one of these days for the SO here. I just found out I might be able to get a full auto M4A1, or an MP5 with a nice letter from the Sheriff

Also I decided the other day I am going to start collecting a few Sigs.

OH! And I saw a 3" S&W .500 performance center I wanna buy!!

I love guns.

"Gunna need to see some ID..." -

I have one of these, for when I want a good hand buzzing...

Young Fish

Glock 22 at work, Glock 26 when not at work.

I carry a whistle. Canada Rules!

FYI I always thought that the ATF should be a chain store like wal-mart.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast