Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by bbs1982 Most of the time I carry a Kahr CW9 with a Cross Breed Holster or a ...

Re: What Is your Carry Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by bbs1982 View Post
    Most of the time I carry a Kahr CW9 with a Cross Breed Holster or a Kel Tec p3at. Sometimes both!!
    I love my kahr cw40. Carry it with me every day everywhere with a spare mag in my pocket. 13 rounds of speer 180 hp.

Been contemplating getting a Springfield Range Officer for getting into 3gun and am considering carrying that with a blackhawk "check6" holster.

Puffer Fish with many spikes bcannon87's Avatar

My 2 main carry weapons:

XD40 SC and XD40 Service
    I just picked up the SC so It just had to have a picture with his big brother!
    Last edited by bcannon87; 07-13-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches...

Hey we go. Carry this with me every day. Kahr CW40, 2 six round mags plus one in the chamber. sorry bout the blurry pic.

Name:  2ueob4y.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  28.9 KB

My EDC is a highly modified Kimber, except for frame, slide, barrel and sights, every other piece, pin, spring has been replaced. I just tried to post photos to it, but I can't post photo links, apparently, until I have 30 post. Sorry folks, it's really pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    My EDC is a highly modified Kimber, except for frame, slide, barrel and sights, every other piece, pin, spring has been replaced. I just tried to post photos to it, but I can't post photo links, apparently, until I have 30 post. Sorry folks, it's really pretty!
    That just means you will have to revisit this thread to post pics after you hit 30 posts.

Yep, I will. I want to post a link to the work that was done to it, also. Actually it was kind of a dumb thing to do to a Kimber CDPII because it was a nice gun to begin with. I should have started with a lesser pistol or a frameset. But here is a summary of what I did to it.

• Schwarz firing pin safety parts removed (by me)
    • S&A Arched & Checkered MSH (by me)
    • Engrave name on slide forward of ejection port (by trophy shop)
    • Wilson 6N slim combat safety, single side
    • Wilson bullet proof slide stop fitted
    • Wilson bullet proof firing pin stop fitted
    • Wilson bullet proof extractor, tuned
    • Ed Brown beavertail grip safety installed
    • Combat trigger job with
    • -Ed Brown match sear
    • -Ed Brown match disconnector
    • -Ed Brown match hammer
    • Ed Brown Mag release
    • Crown barrel
    • Strip finish on frame
    • NP3 Complete
    • NP3 magazines (Wilson standard-follower Officers 6-rounders)
    • Had steel feedramp insert installed by EGW before they stopped doing custom work
    • Orange cocobolo grips by Esmeralda

Edit: This was done on their Compact size-- 4" barrel, Officer's frame. I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max II for IWB carry, a Milt Sparks 55BN for OWB carry and I have one of the last shoulder rigs made by Lou Alessi before he passed (RIP, Lou), and I use all three pretty regularly. It's a terrific carry gun system.

OK, boys, this is it! My 30th post, hopefully I can post the photo for the description in the post above, #306!

*fingers crossed*

Dagnabit! I thought this was the post. Guess not.

Success!

Yaaaay! It worked! That's my baby!

I carry a pen. A black pilot needle tip to be exact. I suppose the needle tip can do some damage but I find the power of the pen more effective. I can destroy reputations, file lawsuits, write checks. Things that can hurt you long long after your dead. Something a gun can't do.

Plus, in CA we don't have stand your ground so it won't do me any good to carry around a firearm anyway.

Pens make nice weapons, too! We teach that in our womens' self-defense clinics. They are great for both inflicting damage and for pain compliance, depending on your intent.

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    Success!

Yaaaay! It worked! That's my baby!
    I like. A lot. Still prefer the Gov't full size Gi model for myself, but I can definitely appreciate that beauty my friend.

I have a couple of Government models, too, and I can carry them, and I do NOT like the little mini .45s at all. But that 4" bull barrel with the officer frame is really a terrific carry size. Still plenty of heft, points very well, and shoots like a dream. Thanks for commenting!

That sir is a pretty piece. I usually don't like guns with lots of shine to em, especially for carry, but that thing is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by zx7rider View Post
    That sir is a pretty piece. I usually don't like guns with lots of shine to em, especially for carry, but that thing is awesome.

Thanks! Actually, it is not terribly shiny, just not black. The NP3 coating is an electroless nickel with PTFE in it, IIRC. the frame was annodized originally so it is not highly polished, and the slide was plain, bead-blasted stainless. Already rust resistant, I got the NP3 because of the ease of cleaning and its natural lubricity. It practically wipes clean after a range outing with a dry paper towel! I had most of the internals plated, as well. There are no glinty surfaces on this pistol. None.

I know silver guns are not everyone's cup of tea, and all my other semi-autos are black guns. But this one is really nice. I'd have liked it just as much in Ion Bond or something, I suppose. But anyway, thanks for the comment. If anyone is interested in learning more about the NP3 coating, I used Robar. They are a good smithy, as well. I believe the proprietor, Robbie Barkman used to run the gun smithy at Gunsite back in the days before Col. Cooper sold it.

Robar's Home Page

Anyway, very good firm, very nice people to deal with, highly recommended. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever.

Puffer Fish with some spikes notmYJ's Avatar

Springfield XD40 in a Galco FLETCH OWB. Some times concealed, sometimes open carry.
    ”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast