Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; These are the four that make up my carry rotation. Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec is mainly used at the range but ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Re: What Is your Carry Weapon

These are the four that make up my carry rotation.

Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec is mainly used at the range but is occasionally as a bbq gun
    Sierra arms 38 spc. carried when fishing, hiking or dune buggy ride so that I can have a couple cylinders of snake shot
    S&W Bodyguard 380 carried in pocket holster when I'm working
    Glock 19 is my every day carry either IWB or OWB depending on where I am at.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trickyasafox View Post
    I generally carry a 1911 of some sort- in the cooler months a full size in either 45acp or 9mm, and in the summer an officer sized 45.
    Man after my own heart!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with some spikes LuvMaduros's Avatar

I carried a Sig P229 in 357Sig for 12 years, recently I decided to drop about 20 oz. and started carrying a Glock 33. Love the weight difference and it handles the Double Tap 125 gr loads very well.
    What Is your Carry Weapon-2010-06-22-17.49.38.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Man after my own heart!
    A better feeling handgun may someday exist, but that day is not today

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

What Is your Carry Weapon-imag0208.jpg

A better feeling handgun may someday exist, but that day is not today
    D'uh... but but but but but... the Browning HiPower, his last and perhaps most magnificent handgun? Feeling perfect in the palm since 1935.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

My EDC is a Sig C3, .45acp in a Crossbreed Super Tuck or Galco King Tuk, with 2 extra mags. Practically invisible.

What Is your Carry Weapon-image.jpg
    What Is your Carry Weapon-image.jpg

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0208.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	73241

D'uh... but but but but but... the Browning HiPower, his last and perhaps most magnificent handgun? Feeling perfect in the palm since 1935.
    Blasphemer! he didn't finish it, and conceptualized it after Saive's magazine, whom later finished the design that didn't come out until 9 years after his death!

They are gorgeous though. Someday I'll own a BHP, instead for now I must settle for the kissing cousin of its frame, a cz75b. Speaking of, my cz75 is actually a cz75b SA, which is a pretty top rate gun for those who are JMB fans.

is that an artillery model? if so I am a whole new level of jealous.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Merkonakis's Avatar

I disagree... A HiPower is a great shooter, but is perhaps one of the ugliest guns I've ever held. My dad is nutty about them and can't understand why I don't think they are beautiful works of art. LOL. I'm not taking anything away from them, I'm just saying they aren't nearly as sexy as a 1911 in my eyes. But in the end, sex appeal doesn't matter. It's what you feel most comfortable shooting in a jam. That's why I carry one of the ugliest guns I know, the Glock 19.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

...is that an artillery model?
    Prewar Belgian production; adjustable (artillery) rear sight, original magazine, holster and cleaning kit and shoulder stock mount. I can't say the gun is particularly attractive (certainly not in the way a 1911A1 is) but the question was about feel in the hand; I have big paws and that fat Browning handle and large frame... never had a nicer hand fit. I can see where guys with little-girl hands would prefer a flat frame.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Well I am totally jealous now. A pre-war Belgian with stock is an impressive find indeed! On one that nice I would have to leave it original, but if I had a later Mk model I would have to pull out that magazine disconnect.

Newbie in the ocean

I carry a Glock 29 10mm and a 1911 .45acp...not at the same time

Full grown Puffer Fish TopsiderLXI's Avatar

Mossberg 500 in the car. Nothing on me though. The only good thing about living in FL in my opinion.
    Here, have a cigar. Light it up and be somebody.

A S&W 422 has been married to my right hand for a decade now. A little long in the barrel, however 14 shells and effortless grouping at 25 yards. Really love this gun, it's a hitter.
    Looking to upgrade my carry to a higher caliber, but other things keep coming up, you know how it is. My only pistol. All my high cal stuff is military rifles.

stock photo
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0208.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	73241

I own a Hi Power best 9mm ever made IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by TopsiderLXI View Post
    Mossberg 500 in the car. Nothing on me though. The only good thing about living in FL in my opinion.
    I also own a Mossberg for the money can't beat it!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I still have Best bookmarked, Tony. I will stay 1911 maybe in a 40 or 45ACP. So many choices I see myself updating within six months.
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast