Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Obviously a man's concealed carry weapon is important to him.. Worth taking to a smith instead of messing with it ...

Leading Puffer Fish

re: What Is your Carry Weapon

Obviously a man's concealed carry weapon is important to him.. Worth taking to a smith instead of messing with it myself. My proficiency operating the weapon is high, my proficiency modifying the weapon is sub par lol. Thanks for all the great advice though guys!

As a side note, I've found that I'm dramatically more accurate with revolvers then semi's. Does anyone have a good, accurate, and concealable revolver they'd recommend?

I carry a Bersa Thunder in 380ACP or Glock 27

Disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
    Does anyone have a good, accurate, and concealable revolver they'd recommend?
    Sam,

IMO, the hands-down best wheel gun of all time is still the Colt Python. They are all deadly accurate, incredibly reliable and concealable; if youre not Pee Wee Herman. You will pay through the nose for them, but they're worth it. The shorter barrels are harder to find, but worth the search. The action on those guns is nirvana. There's just nothing else like them.

Otherwise, for something modern, stick to S&W.

I find the .357/.38 platform guns to be the best options. I don't care what anyone says, .357 is no fun to shoot, but incredibly effective as a carry/man-stopping round. The fact that it allows you to shoot .38 for practice and fun is a great advantage.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    Sam,

IMO, the hands-down best wheel gun of all time is still the Colt Python. They are all deadly accurate, incredibly reliable and concealable; if youre not Pee Wee Herman. You will pay through the nose for them, but they're worth it. The shorter barrels are harder to find, but worth the search. The action on those guns is nirvana. There's just nothing else like them.

Otherwise, for something modern, stick to S&W.

I find the .357/.38 platform guns to be the best options. I don't care what anyone says, .357 is no fun to shoot, but incredibly effective as a carry/man-stopping round. The fact that it allows you to shoot .38 for practice and fun is a great advantage.
    Ok, so where to buy? I bought my Taurus from a local store, but I don't think they have the Colt Python. Great looking gun though.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why revolvers seem to have smooth action and greater consistency of accuracy? I've fired thousands and thousands of rounds in my time but I'm a little weak on the theory and technical aspects lol. Is it just me that prefers revolvers? (although, obviously the capacity of the semi's is a great balancing reasons, hence my getting that).

An Old Retired Wiseguy! JohnnyFlake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
    Ok, so where to buy? I bought my Taurus from a local store, but I don't think they have the Colt Python. Great looking gun though.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why revolvers seem to have smooth action and greater consistency of accuracy? I've fired thousands and thousands of rounds in my time but I'm a little weak on the theory and technical aspects lol. Is it just me that prefers revolvers? (although, obviously the capacity of the semi's is a great balancing reasons, hence my getting that).
    I agree 110% that the Colt Python is one of the very best modern day revolvers ever made, maybe the absolute best!!!

The problem is that they have not been produced for at least 25 years and probably longer. Finding one to just look at and touch is very difficult. Finding one for sale is nearly impossible!!!

If there are monthly or quarterly Cun Shows in your area, that would be the place to go to at least see a few.

I was about to post a picture of my pristine Colt Python, 4" in Royal Blue finish... Too bad I don't have 30 posts yet!

I carry a Glock 21 w/ M3 weaponlight on duty, and a Glock 30 off-duty (and backup).

Revolvers are inherently more accurate, because they have a fixed barrel. This is one reason the H&K P7M8 is so freakishly accurate, as it also has a fixed barrel.

My Les Baer TRS is freakishly accurate for another reason; it has an incredibly tight match bushing that holds the barrel precisely in the same position between shots.

As has been stated, get a good belt. Not a fashion belt, but a real 'gunfighter's' belt. Buy one from a holster maker, as they know what they're doing.

I've written on the subject a little, but alas, I cannot post the link...yet. Sorry fellas!

Sig Sauer P239 in .357 sig. Sometimes I'll swap barrels and make it a .40.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

Full grown Puffer Fish 2Curious's Avatar

I always carry my Walther PPKS.
    She's perfect after I had'er bored a bit. No more jamtastic.

Anyone else so used to carrying 24/7, they forget sometimes, just as thier about to walk into the Bank to go to the ATM, etc? I've come close a few times, but luckily remember and have to walk back to the car.

A a retired cop I've carried many sweapons on a daily basis. My favorite off duty is my little S&W Model 37 Airweight. I have a pocket holster I use most of the time. It's a little rough to shoot due to recoil but it's extremely concealable.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Don Arturo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_day View Post
    Sig Sauer P239 in .357 sig. Sometimes I'll swap barrels and make it a .40.
    +1 on this. I too carry the P239, but only in .40. The .357sig kicks way too much and I have heard that it wears out the barrel a lot faster than any other round.
    "Of all the beautiful things there are in this world, my wife, my daughter, and cigars are my favorite."

I usually carry my Kahr PM40. Or if i want to go really small, my Beretta Tomcat 32.
    "A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit." Zino Davidoff

Newbie in the ocean TheIrishman's Avatar

I carry a Springfield XD .45 Compact everywhere I go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Normally a Glock 30. Every now and then a Glock 22. And sometimes a 38 Special. All depends on where and what I am doing.

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Most of the time my day to day carry gun is a J frame Smith & Wesson 642 .38 Spl. mostly because it is something I will carry.

When in the mountians I'm more likely to have an old Smith & Wesson .44 Spl. 1926 hand ejector with a 4 inch barrel. The action is as smooth as glass. It points very well. Plain and simple I shoot it very well and if I were going to take a gun to a gun fight this would be the one.

It is the revolver on the bottom. The pre-27 .357 mag. on the top is a great shooter but I still prefer the .44 spl. on the bottom.

Puffer Fish with some spikes GJProductions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishman View Post
    I carry a Springfield XD .45 Compact everywhere I go.

Note to self, don't get on the other end of your hollow-points...
    GJ Productions <-LOL

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast