Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just got the Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm. Easy to conceal and a good shooter. So far, I love this ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes mels95yj's Avatar

re: What Is your Carry Weapon

Just got the Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm. Easy to conceal and a good shooter. So far, I love this gun!

Mel

Springfield HD 40 cal wiith the 3in barrel.....easy to conceal all day even in my PJs while getting the newspaper. D

Puffer Fish with some spikes RealtorFrank's Avatar

I alternate depending on where I am going or what I am wearing, Glock 19 9mm, Glock 27 .40, or Kel-Tec .380. Plus I leave a Taurus Judge in the car with 3 410s and 2 45s in it!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Either a Sig Sauer P220 2-tone, or a stainless J-frame, depending.

Removed per request

Ruger New Vaquero .357. Leather is by Dave Bullard, Azle, Texas. I carry this a lot.

I expect you are a cowboy-action shooter?
    J. Wise

DAVE BULLARD!? He must be the one who purchased Jim Burke's tooling after he passed.

Here's a Jim Burke:

His holsters were known for their very aggressive cant, maximizing the concealability of the handgun and minimizing its length below the belt-line (especially useful for fullsize handguns!).

He was also known for making holsters for western guns, as he was always dressed in CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting) attire at the Dallas gunshows.

I met Dave once after he bought Jim's tooling, but had forgotten his name. Thanks for posting that picture!
    J. Wise

Removed per request

Quote Originally Posted by jwise View Post
    DAVE BULLARD!? He must be the one who purchased Jim Burke's tooling after he passed.

Here's a Jim Burke:

His holsters were known for their very aggressive cant, maximizing the concealability of the handgun and minimizing its length below the belt-line (especially useful for fullsize handguns!).

He was also known for making holsters for western guns, as he was always dressed in CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting) attire at the Dallas gunshows.

I met Dave once after he bought Jim's tooling, but had forgotten his name. Thanks for posting that picture!
    You bet! No, I don't shoot SASS but have thought about it. I love the grips on your 1911! Just beautiful (and the leather is too)!

Good to hear from another Texan my BOTL!

Glock 26, with a wallet Kel-Tec P3AT
    Last edited by smojscigarsmoker; 02-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post

BTW have you had any problems with your weapon jamming? Mine, on occasion, doesn't slide the next round all the way into the chamber and the slide gets caught on the round... I've never been able to fix this. I've tried changing magazines, obviously. Just curious if it's a problem inherent in the Taurus .45s or something.
    It could be your grip. Limpwristing a semi-auto will stovepipe a round reliably, or cause issues on the feed. It's more common the shorter the barrel/lighter the slide, but it can happen even with a longslide. Make sure your wrist is straight and firm and that you don't let the wrist bend on the recoil.

G19, G26 or a Kel Tec PF-9.
    The only thing you should feel when shooting insurgents is recoil.

Full grown Puffer Fish BigRay023's Avatar

Being that commie kalifornia is a shall issue state I am part of the open carry movement. I carry my Charles Daly 1911 in a G-Code holster on a Safari Land Instructor belt for all to see. I have to carry unloaded and with the gun and magazines completely visible. So if I got into a situation I would have to draw, during the draw stroke drop the empty, while grabbing a fresh magazine, insert, rack the slide and hope I'm not out of the fight before I get on target LOL. I need to move.
    Fight Crime SHOOT BACK

Quote Originally Posted by BigRay023 View Post
    Being that commie kalifornia is a shall issue state I am part of the open carry movement. I carry my Charles Daly 1911 in a G-Code holster on a Safari Land Instructor belt for all to see. I have to carry unloaded and with the gun and magazines completely visible. So if I got into a situation I would have to draw, during the draw stroke drop the empty, while grabbing a fresh magazine, insert, rack the slide and hope I'm not out of the fight before I get on target LOL. I need to move.
    I thought Kalifornia was a may-issue state...

Young Fish

FNH Five SeveN USG, or a H&K USP .45 compact

Full grown Puffer Fish BigRay023's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phinz View Post
    I thought Kalifornia was a may-issue state...
    Excellent catch. It is a may-issue. Which means good luck yeah right.
    Fight Crime SHOOT BACK

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast