Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

What Is your Carry Weapon

This is a discussion on What Is your Carry Weapon within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by chaone In Virginia you may carry your weapon out in the open. Yep, strap it right on ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes JackH's Avatar

re: What Is your Carry Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by chaone View Post
    In Virginia you may carry your weapon out in the open. Yep, strap it right on your side & go about your business. If you want to hide it under your jacket or put it in the glovebox of your car, you need a cc permit. Go figure.
    Open carry used to be common in Az a few decades ago but I believe the movement toward concealed carry is a direct result of cities inability to deal with gang violence.
    Do unto others - then split!

Puffer Fish with some spikes chaone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadeg001 View Post
    One day I will be able to post in this thread... However, I will likely have to move out of Maryland first.
    Maryland just loves you smokers, don't they?

Puffer Fish with some spikes JackH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-Neil View Post
    Kimber Ultra Carry SS in .45 carried in either a Brommeland Max Con V, Milt Sparks Versa Max II, or a K&D Lareado Defender.

A good holster helps a lot with a heavier gun, but a good belt really makes the difference.

Acouple years ago when I thought I could conceal my Kimber Pro Carry II my belts were not up to it. I went to www.thebeltman.net and spent about $70 on a double stitch bullhide belt. My problems were solved. I still use it and it still looks like new. Money well spent.
    Do unto others - then split!

A "good" gun belt is the key to just about any type of carry. Especially concealed.

Puffer Fish with many spikes bcannon87's Avatar

My Concealed Carry is a Springfield Armory XD40 4" Service Model or my RIA 1911A1 3.5"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish eggopp's Avatar

Well over here in the UK you cant even carry a childrens BB gun in the street, its a criminal offence, arrestable under the Firearms Act, also if kids play with toy guns, there not allowed t carry them in the car, if they point it out the window in play... Its an arrestable offence... Ahhh British Law, OTT for some things and insufficient for others..

Did you know in the UK if a burglar enters your property and you catch them, you can be charged with false imprisonment? If you assault them whilst there trying to run off you get charged with assault?

Would like to see some changes over here with regards to that kind of stuff, now carrying a weapon in public.. wow, i wonder if that will ever happen.. Great weapons by the way, all you posters.. Wouldnt mind a few of them myself!

I know this is an old thread, so I am curious about what the OP decided.

A lightweight .38 snub (like the 442) can be a bear when it comes to recoil. I think mine is very similar to shooting full magnums out of the Taurus 605 I had or the Rossi .357mag snub I have, and similar in feel to shooting .44mag out of a full sized gun. Not bad if you are experienced with revolvers and their recoil characteristics, terribly uncomfortable if you aren't used to them and you are an auto shooter. For anyone who isn't a revolver shooter, I'd say go with a nice small auto (Kel-tec makes a few for cheap, the Kahr PM9 is a great choice), get a small caliber (.32 or preferably .380) back-up for pocket carry, or get a larger framed revolver for now while you learn the differences in feel and recoil between a revolver and auto and then in 6mo to a year move to the J-frame (preferably a steel framed J-frame first).

As for what I carry, I live in MD so it is rare that I carry (only when visiting a CCW state that takes my out-of-state permit). Still, I went through a CCW gun phase for a while so I have a lot of great choices when I can carry, and for when MD is finally forced by the Supreme Court to go "shall issue". I have a Taurus 85 snub, S&W 442, and Rossi 6 shot .357mag J-frame sized snub (I forget the designation, I think it is 431 or 441) to cover my snubs. I have a S&W 65LS (I think a 3" K-frame .38spl or .357mag is a near perfect size for a carry revolver, heck it is about the prefect size and feel for any revolver for that matter). I have a Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro (terrific gun, no problems, except my rear site finally came off and I haven't yet had the night sites I bought installed). I have a Bersa .380 Thunder but don't like it or shoot it anymore, and an NAA Guardian in .32ACP I never use since I don't trust the caliber much. Along with the PT140, 442 and Taurus 85, my most common gun to come along when I carry, and probably my favorite carry gun (other than the 65LS) is my S&W 1911SC (4" scandium Commander sized 1911). I used to have a SIG 229 in .40S&W which may have been my favorite carry at the time, but I had plenty of choices and needed the money more than the gun a few years back. I'll also occasionally carry my full-sized Charles Daly 1911 and my S&W 625 Mountain Gun (slightly trimmer than normal, 5", .45LC full-size, N-frame revolver). I would like to replace my 442 (the recoil isn't pleasant for extended practice on the range) and NAA Guardian (I don't trust the caliber) as my pocket guns with a Kahr PM9 in the next year or two, but since I do have workable solutions for that niche I keep finding other priorities for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    ...S&W 625 Mountain Gun (slightly trimmer than normal, 5", .45LC full-size, N-frame revolver...
    I thought I was the only person with one of those!

I still carry the Sig P239 .357 when I go concealed. My duty weapon is now a Springfield XD357. I love it.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

Young Puffer Fish

Glock 26- IWB in the summer and OWB in the winter

Obscured By Clouds PinkFloydFan's Avatar

Any combination of this stuff. Depending on the clothes.. and where I am headed.

This is more my everyday carry "gear"

But My Sig. 239 / 40... is the favorite. ( the middle one)

Yes..

Peace through superior firepower..

God Bless.

Vin
    " Wish You Were Here " - Pink Floyd
    ** Vin's Updated Cellar Stash ** ....

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan View Post
    Any combination of this stuff. Depending on the clothes.. and where I am headed.

Yes..

God Bless.

Vin
    dig the keys and watch. Is that a cigar tube or some c4?
    +1

Obscured By Clouds PinkFloydFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reino View Post
    dig the keys and watch. Is that a cigar tube or some c4?
    +1
    LOL...

C4.. Thats an Idea... !!

Nope, Just a cigar.

- Vin
    " Wish You Were Here " - Pink Floyd
    ** Vin's Updated Cellar Stash ** ....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan View Post

Yes..

God Bless.Vin
    Wow, it must be a feet of engineering to keep your pants up when you carry. Reminds me of John Goodmans detective character in the Big Easy
    LOL
    Peace
    Tal~
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Quote Originally Posted by d_day View Post
    I thought I was the only person with one of those!

I still carry the Sig P239 .357 when I go concealed. My duty weapon is now a Springfield XD357. I love it.
    Sorry I'm late responding. You do have to love those Mountain Guns in general, and add the .45LC chambering and it is hard to beat. Unfortunately, I'm probably putting mine up for sale though- I'm trying to pay off my bills and buy a house or condo and I have a lot of guns right now, so I need the money more than the gun.

Duty weapon? Are you a cop? That was always on my list of professions I wanted to try, but never did. I'm a bit jealous as well. You can carry all you want and you'll never have anyone asking you why you think you need to have a gun. As a teacher, I think my carrying to work would be frowned upon (I'd go to jail actually), and off work, people just think I'm a nut for wanting to have a good self defense tool on my person.

I alternate between my S&W M&P9c, M&P .40 and I occasionally carry my Dan Wesson CBOB on the rare occasion I may be somewhere nice. All of them are carried in MTAC's and my CBOB also has a Bianchi for OC.

I have occasionally taken my wifes PPK/S when it's a shorts and t shirt affair.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast