Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Who carries a knife and what type?

This is a discussion on Who carries a knife and what type? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My carry knives. In order of severity. lol...

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Re: Who carries a knife and what type?

My carry knives. In order of severity. lol

Hangin' out with Friends

Name:  IMG_0296.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  55.5 KB
    Top is a Leatherman c33x, and bottom is an Olympia Stainless.

The leatherman has a caribiner and a bottle opener. haha

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

When I'm hiking it's either a Spydie Military or a custom fixed blade in Kydex sheath that clips to my pack. For "dress" it's a slip joint , Wharncliffe Trapper, by Reese Bose. Before I worked from home it was usually a smaller folder by Kit Carson or Bob Terzoula.

Win

My current pocket knife is a CRKT Ken Onion K405KXP. LOVE it. Smoothest knife I've ever used. Also have a small collection of assorted Kershaws (the CRKT replaced a Snap-On branded Kershaw Scallion as my daily), a S&W or two, and some misc junk knives that are handy for prying on stuff that I probably shouldn't be prying on with a knife in the first place...

I always carry a Spyderco Delica 4 because it is so light and thin. Used to carry Benchmades and Microtechs when i was collecting but eventually sold most of them.

Today I've left the one-handers home. I'm carrying a full size stockman pattern Schrade Old Timer. It's not a very fancy knife but it's fun carrying three blades of hair-popping 1095 carbon steel every once in a while.

So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Young Puffer Fish CRA Ambass Lloyd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Since this is now the guns and knives forum I thought I would try to get the knife part rolling.

So who on here always carries a knife and what brand, style or whatever else you have to say about it.

I always have a folding utility knife on my side, not to impressive but sharpening the blade is easy, just take it out and put a new one in. Not sure how it would do in a knife fight though.
    That's a loaded question.My family have been knife folks for years. To the point my Aunt LC opened a knife store it is now the largest in SE Texas. So let's break it down.

First I actually always carry two. one utility (U) and one tactical (T). Depending on what clothes I'm wearing depends on which knives I carry.
    Office Casual clothes: Dockers, etc. - (U) Columbia River Mt. Shasta , (T) Emerson Commander BTS
    Office clothes: Slacks - (U) Al Mar Havana Clipper, (T) Benchmade Axis Pardue
    Casual: Jeans, etc - (U) Spyderco Delica 4 , (T) Benchmade Blackwood Ruckus or Cold Steel Ti-Lite or [URL="http://www.beckwithsblades.com/iteminfo.cfm?Item=676"]Emerson Commander BTS[/URL

And various other and a sundry pointy sticky things.
    “Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man’s enjoyment of his cigar.” – Mark Twain

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Got this last week. It will probably be my last custom for a while. I do carry my customs on a regular basis but a CRK Large Sebenza is in my pocket the majority of the time.

And the new one along with a couple of it's brothers :

Newbie in the ocean

Beautiful knives guys!

I like to EDC a BM 32 but hope to get a 4" Dobruski.

No longer a community member.

Many but my favorite is my Sog Tomcat 3.0

Wow Chuck those folders are beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Wow Chuck those folders are beautiful!!!

Thanks Paul !

Win

Chuck, that's some workmanship on those folders! I've collected customs for over 20 years but haven't run into Gene Iverson before.

Win

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Chuck, that's some workmanship on those folders! I've collected customs for over 20 years but haven't run into Gene Iverson before.

Win
    Thanks Win. I ran into Gene on Bladeforums. I think that is the only place he goes, and every other month he will make a knife and put it up for sale in the classifieds. First one I picked up was a little pocket knife with a Damascus blade, Ti liners and stingray scales. It was small and sort of basic but I bought it because I wanted to see how his quality was. Well I was hooked after that. He's very humble and I've tried to get him to make a website or go on some other forums. Hell he didn't even take pictures of that last knife he made for me. I'll PM you some pictures of his other work when I get a chance.

Win

I took a look over on BF, nice knives. I'm really not buying much in the way of knives anymore. I have a pretty nice collection and have begun paring it down. I didn't go to any shows last year and that is a first in 20 years!

I'm a big fan of Scott Sawby and have a few nice pieces from him. I'm impressed that you use yours, a lot of mine are safe queens!

Win

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast