Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Who carries a knife and what type?

This is a discussion on Who carries a knife and what type? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Those are really nice Win. And I may carry mine, but I work in an office so they don't really ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Re: Who carries a knife and what type?

Those are really nice Win. And I may carry mine, but I work in an office so they don't really get much use. If I'm going to be using a knife I'll carry my CRK Sebbie or Emerson.

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    I took a look over on BF, nice knives. I'm really not buying much in the way of knives anymore. I have a pretty nice collection and have begun paring it down. I didn't go to any shows last year and that is a first in 20 years!

I'm a big fan of Scott Sawby and have a few nice pieces from him. I'm impressed that you use yours, a lot of mine are safe queens!

Win

Maturing Puffer Fish stogiesn69's Avatar

I have a bunch of SOG and CRKT knives I carry depending on the mood and what I might need. I'm too lazy to take pics right now. I am enjoying the knife **** though.

A good knife comes in handy more often than not and if the stuff hits the fan, it is another option to deal with the situation.

Carrying this with me today, a Dwaine Carrilo Tripwire :

Young Puffer Fish

I've been carrying an Emerson CQC-B, black, tanto, half serrated for several years.

I also carry a Gerber Artifact on my keychain.

Maturing Puffer Fish Buffalo Spirit's Avatar

I carry 3 knives most of the time never less than 2. For me it's a large folder ( K-Bar Warthog / Hon & Rooster ) then a slighltly smaller folder or non folding K-Bar can't recall Mod No. and then I'll carry a small knife along the peanut size one is a all stainless Camillius, same goes for Buck,Gerber,coast. Oh wow I forgot the one on my keychain you know the one Swiss Army makes. Kinda funny it's deemed a dangerus weapon by airports courts Etc...I carry one main knife for maybe a week or so then switch off to another same size and all. I never leave my home without it /them. I joke about how I feel naked with-out a knife with freinds of mine. I think along the lines as it is better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have one

Puffer Fish with some spikes craig_o's Avatar

Usually a Spydero Endura (I strongly recommend it) with the combo edge. I have a Kershaw Scallion I carry some as well if my pockets are on the small side or I don't want to display a clip on the outside of my pocket (at school, for example).

I've lost three Kershaw Leeks, unfortunately. Great knife, though.

Other than that I keep a K-bar TDI in my jacket pocket usually.

Got this one with me today. A custom by Alan Folts, damasteel blade, ti liners, g10 scales and a 25 x 3 tritium vial in the backspacer.

New Orelans Cigar Club

When at work; nada. I work at an international airport, and they won't even let me carry a knife with security clearance to walk around on the active ramp.
    Around town; typically a small Gerber.
    In the woods; mini K-Bar. It's a leftover from my Army days, and it is much easier to handle and carry than a full size knife.

I am slowly becoming a knife nut but most of what I am into buying I can't carry or don't want to carry everyday as they are fixed blades. I will only carry those in the woods while hunting/fishing/hiking/etc. But for everyday I usually either carry my Kershaw Leek or one of my traditionals such as the Schrade Old Timer. I still quite a few traditionals to restore though so my EDC collection will grow soon.

Pale Horse

Tyler, the term is knife slut, not nut

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    Tyler, the term is knife slut, not nut
    Potato potAHto. I still need to take pictures of the rest of my stash. I am probably going to be selling some of them though as I have my eye on some new ones. It's a never ending cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
    Potato potAHto. I still need to take pictures of the rest of my stash. I am probably going to be selling some of them though as I have my eye on some new ones. It's a never ending cycle.
    I've heard the term "we just rent these things" more than once before. Although I tend to keep most of my customs.

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

I have owned a lot of customs and have built a pretty good collection by turning over knives. This one just went to new home, yesterday. Now I'll be on the hunt!

Win

Jess Horn 40th Anniversary, Pre -Ban Ivory:

Young Puffer Fish

I carry a Gerber Paraframe as my daily knife and a large Kershaw folder as my work/shooting knife.

For years, Spyderco Delica. Probably went through 6 of them, all due to losing them...

Currently trying different EDC's and just picked up this one...

Benchmade Infidel
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-ZQX9...-ZQX9Q8K-L.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who carries a knife and what type?-imag0070.jpg   Who carries a knife and what type?-imag0071.jpg  
    Last edited by Fuelie95; 02-22-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast