Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Who carries a knife and what type?

This is a discussion on Who carries a knife and what type? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; If I will be working its my Case Chrome vandium sod buster jr., if not its a benchmade griptallion....

Maturing Puffer Fish showcattle's Avatar

Re: Who carries a knife and what type?

If I will be working its my Case Chrome vandium sod buster jr., if not its a benchmade griptallion.

Gotta love the Case CV slipjoints. I have a small stockman pattern in CV that I carry once or twice a week.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Maturing Puffer Fish showcattle's Avatar

In a case the CV is the only way to go takes and keeps an edge so much better than the stainless, and i like the character the blade gets after carrying for a long time.

I carry a 4" coldsteel ti-lite for work. Most people don't like it if you carry a pistol into their house. still keep it in the truck just in case I'm in a really bad neighborhood or the person I'm working for and others in the house have death threats against them.

That and I keep it in case there are 14 people that have decided they need to leave this world.

Lurker come out to play tatubom1's Avatar

When I am in my Civies I have carried a Benchmade 551 Griptilian with a D2 plain blade, D2 will last forever, for 7 years now.
    When I am in Uniform I carry a Benchmade 550HG Griptilian with a 154CM combo blade,154cm not nearly as resilient as D2.
    Also a Benchmade 7 Safety Cutter, great to cut zip ties in a server rack, and a Gerber Multi-tool, fewer runs back to the tool box, that was issued to me.

I wonder if anyone has a Benchmade 375 Adamas Fixed? If so what do you think? I am thinking about picking one up.

Another Benchmade Griptilian fan here. The axis lock is simply the best locking mechanism in knives today. I have two of them plus a trainer version. While not cheap, the value for the dolllar for a Benchmade is pretty hard to beat, IMO.

Tatubom1, I don't have an Adams, but friend does and he is REALLY into knives, and knife trianing, and he has one. He absolutely loves it.

Nice, I was looking at it for my backpacking knife.
    I agree that the axis lock is one of the best out there, but people still have a hard time figuring it out with they barrow my knives lol.
    also Mel Pardue did an excellent job on the design of these and his work is among the top out on the mass market.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fury556 View Post
    That slingshot is no joke! Someone's about to get effed up.

Quote Originally Posted by tatubom1 View Post

I agree that the axis lock is one of the best out there, but people still have a hard time figuring it out with they barrow my knives lol.
    They should not be allowed to handle knives, then. Or scissors, or hedge trimmers, or any other pointy, sharp stuff.

lol i would agree.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish djsmiles's Avatar

Spyderco Native III here.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish pittjitsu's Avatar

I carry a Gerber Explorer double edge boot knife at all times.

When I'm working or generally out and about:
    Spyderco Resilience or Ontario RAT-1

Out at our woods property or heavier work:
    CRKT Ringed Razel

When "dressier":
    SOG Twitch II

Indiana almost legalized automatic knives this year, death by deadline, committee recommended a "pass".
    Shooter. Gamer. Hunter. Father. Geek. Atheist. NRA Life Member 2011
    http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/de...mber=Dark+Rose

Maturing Puffer Fish

Usually my trusty Benchmade 710 is in my front pocket

Removed per request

I carry a S&W Black Ops...it's MAGIC!

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast