Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Who carries a knife and what type?

This is a discussion on Who carries a knife and what type? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I carry a Buck 430c and a S&W HRT fixed blade at all times and rotate # 3 between my ...

Re: Who carries a knife and what type?

I carry a Buck 430c and a S&W HRT fixed blade at all times and rotate # 3 between my extreme ops and kershaw.. I have a sickness..

I carry some off-brand spring assist knife that I sharpen religiously, and if I'm going to Dallas I carry a Timberwolf boot knife as well.

Young Puffer Fish

Knives are my first sickness... I usually carry a Benchmade Rift when I'm just at home. For work usually it's the Rift and a Benchmade 530 for lighter duty cutting. If I'm going somewhere less "savory" where I can't bring a firearm I carry a CRKT Hissatsu in addition to the Rift.

I've swtiched from a Spyderco Delica in ZDP to a partially werrated Kershaw Leek. Great little knife perfect for the light work I throw at it. Plus it's fun to snap it open with the flipper...
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

No longer a community member.

I carrying one of a couple Gerber lockblades and I then I have a traditionally styled pocket knife from Case that I have for all the classic Norman Rockwell situations.

Puffer Fish with some spikes USHOG's Avatar

I have at least 2 knives on me. One small knife and a large 14" blade for outside and work. I also pack my 45 at all times as well. I guide wild boar hunts behind dogs every day and we only use a knifes for dispatching the boar or we tie them up alive.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish pittjitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USHOG View Post
    I have at least 2 knives on me. One small knife and a large 14" blade for outside and work. I also pack my 45 at all times as well. I guide wild boar hunts behind dogs every day and we only use a knifes for dispatching the boar or we tie them up alive.
    Hi Joe. City boy here. Can you aste the difference between the wild boar and your every day supermarket. Pig? I would love to buy one to try on the grill.

If they are cooked and prepaired correctly the are vaery close to the same as far as taste

Here is a picture of a wild boar we caught alive with dogs
    Who carries a knife and what type?-big-cutters-wild-boar.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Young Puffer Fish

Now that's a hog! I've been wanting to get out on a hog hunt, unfortunately/fortunately WI doesn't have a problem with them yet so I'm going to have to make a little trip down south.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish pittjitsu's Avatar

If they are cooked and prepaired correctly the are vaery close to the same as far as taste

Here is a picture of a wild boar we caught alive with dogs
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7!7503[/ATTACH]
    or

Wow! I'm a service dog trainer by trade. What breeds take best to hunting out hogs? Is there a trick to training them? Do you have your dogs wear safety gear? Ever have a boar injure a dog or yourself? Can they move well enough to stick you with those fangs or do they just bite like a dog? I love watching all the hog hunting shows on TV. I'm excited to know a real hog hunter

We hunt hogs using Argentino Dogos and Black Mouth Curs. Yes we use full Kevlar suits from neck to tail on our Dogos and cut collars on the curs. I have been killing hogs since 1988 when they started destroying our Milo, corn, rice, beans and many other crops. Wild boars are very dangerous when they are cornered. I had a friend last year that had a half inch of the boars cutter broke off in the bottom of his femar. We only use knives when we hunt with our dogs or we tie the boars up and take them out alive.

to anyone here that would like to try this style of hunting and get there knife a little dirty just give me a call and we can make a weekend out of it. No charge just up close and personal wild boar hunting. I have a house built in the 1850s that sleeps 12+ on the ranch We hunt in Fort Bend County right west of Houston Texas.

Young Puffer Fish

I'd definitely take you up on that offer USHOG if I hadn't just been down that way about a month ago. My grandpa lives near Del Rio and we drove down to visit as well as for an Axis hunt. I love it down there!

Young Puffer Fish

[QUOTE=USHOG;3849822]We hunt hogs using Argentino Dogos and Black Mouth Curs. Yes we use full Kevlar suits from neck to tail on our Dogos and cut collars on the curs. I have been killing hogs since 1988 when they started destroying our Milo, corn, rice, beans and many other crops. Wild boars are very dangerous when they are cornered. I had a friend last year that had a half inch of the boars cutter broke off in the bottom of his femar. We only use knives when we hunt with our dogs or we tie the boars up and take them

I carry the spyderco polliwog or one of my own designs. On the boar hunting not. My buddy does that every year I believe in South Carolina. He said its intense. They is alapaha blue blooded bulldogs.

Young Puffer Fish

[QUOTE=TerFox;3850834]
    We hunt hogs using Argentino Dogos and Black Mouth Curs. Yes we use full Kevlar suits from neck to tail on our Dogos and cut collars on the curs. I have been killing hogs since 1988 when they started destroying our Milo, corn, rice, beans and many other crops. Wild boars are very dangerous when they are cornered. I had a friend last year that had a half inch of the boars cutter broke off in the bottom of his femar. We only use knives when we hunt with our dogs or we tie the boars up and take them

I carry the spyderco polliwog or one of my own designs. On the boar hunting not. My buddy does that every year I believe in South Carolina. He said its intense. They is alapaha blue blooded bulldogs.
    Do you make knives TerFox?

Young Puffer Fish

[QUOTE=Nick1233;3851657]
    Quote Originally Posted by TerFox View Post

Do you make knives TerFox?
    Yeah I make all types of fixed blades. High quality stainless for rust and wear protection. I have eucalyptus burl and mun ebony and some desert acacia left. Kydex sheaths. Etc. p

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast