Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Who carries a knife and what type?

This is a discussion on Who carries a knife and what type? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've been using a zero tolerance 0350 lately and love it. Hey USHOG I'm not too far from you, I'm ...

Maturing Puffer Fish showcattle's Avatar

Re: Who carries a knife and what type?

I've been using a zero tolerance 0350 lately and love it.
    Hey USHOG I'm not too far from you, I'm up in Nacogdoches going to school.

Usually a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza- George

Puffer Fish with some spikes JeepGuy's Avatar

I carry a cheap gerber paraframe from day to day. When I'm hunting I carry a fixed blade case. Both inexpensive but get the job done

I usually carry a mini lawman by cold steel or one of my spyderco's...

Quote Originally Posted by joncaputo View Post
    I dont carry a knife on me all the time - but I was considering one to get thats smallish in size for protection.. any suggestions?
    Jon, I am new here so I hope I am not overstepping my bounds. I am an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in edged weapons, both offense and defense. I train corrections, law enforcement, military, and citizens. You are 1000 times more likely to have to defend against an edged weapon than to ever have the time and opportunity to use one yourself. Most people attacked with an edged weapon never see it, they think they are just being punched. If you don't perceive a deadly threat you would have no reason to deploy your own. Impact weapons are better options, in the form of pens and flashlights.

The fastest way to stop someone is through a combination of Central Nervous and Structural System disruption. I define the structural system as being comprised of the bones muscles, ligaments, and tendons. A pen or flashlight has a obvious, legitimate non weapon use allowing it to be carried in the hand in the most secure places. Striking someone between the eyes is like hitting the Ctrl/Alt/Delete button. The same strikes into the collarbone can deanimate the entire arm. Impact weapons are less lethal force and much lower on the use of force paradigm. Coupled with the open hand combatives they provide you a force option to use earlier in an altercation allowing you to drive the fight and possibly prevent you from moving more force if things get out of control. I could go on but that is my $.02.- George

I picked up an Ontario RAT-1 folder at the Blade show a week ago. It's a little big for EDC in an office environment, but it is an extremely well made high value knife. It has replaced my more espensive Kershaw Blur and (much more expensive) Spyderco Starmate as my large working folder when I'm out in the yard or back in the woods.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    I picked up an Ontario RAT-1 folder at the Blade show a week ago. It's a little big for EDC in an office environment, but it is an extremely well made high value knife. It has replaced my more espensive Kershaw Blur and (much more expensive) Spyderco Starmate as my large working folder when I'm out in the yard or back in the woods.
    Ontario enjoys a battle history other knife companies except Ka Bar can only dream of. I had one of those folders and gifted it and I do with lots of knives. Was this your first blade. I am down with broken ankle but I am using with RMJ Tactical working with the tomahawks.- George

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    Ontario enjoys a battle history other knife companies except Ka Bar can only dream of. I had one of those folders and gifted it and I do with lots of knives. Was this your first blade. I am down with broken ankle but I am using with RMJ Tactical working with the tomahawks.- George
    Hi George,

This was defiinitely not my first knife. I went through big time knife obsession in the late 90's and early 2000's. On a very limited budget I traded my way through several benchmades and finally owned a Sebenza for a while. Then the magic wore off, I traded it away and now I keep a small but treasured collection. The RAT-1 is a folder designed by the Randall Adventure guys (before they went and formed ESEE, I think) and the really got it right. PERFECT lockup, great blade shape and fit and finish for a $30 knife is outstanding.

My collection, such as it is:
    - Several japanese, american and german slipjoints
    - A few lockbacks with great sentimental value
    - A few SAKs
    - Spyderco Delica in ZDP
    - Original Spyderco Starmate
    - Original Kershaw Hawk in ATS-34
    - Outdoor Edge Impulse, fully serrated
    - Kershaw Leek
    - Kersahw Blur
    - New Randall Rat-1
    - Fixed blade dive knife my father made
    - Fixed blade camp/bowie knife (aka The Moose) that I made
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

LOL, I have bunch too. Just got a fixed blade fighter that I collaborated on with Sean Kendrick called the Trinity. I have some very rare Polkowski's since I was very close to him. I have designed, played with, and reviewed many over the years, but the most interesting knife in my collection is a butter knife. A butter knife from Saddam Hussein palace- George

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Just1ce's Avatar

Basic Gerber folder here

I've had a Gerber Fast 06 as my EDC for the past 6 months or so. Finally got the "auto" version last weekend.

Victorinox Spartan pinstripe. Red w/white pinstripe.
    Are you a Puff noob or veteran? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
    Canadian? Try the Canadian Noob PIF v2.0

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CopGTP's Avatar

I carry benchmade everywhere I go.

Benchmade osborn barriage for my off duty carry

bencmade mini auto-stryker at work.
    PPD: Cigar Bombing Task Force

When I do carry one, it's a Bradley Alias I or Benchmade Mini-Griptilian.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

I always have a knife a knife in my pocket. Utility use, leatherman micro or gerber curve. As for using one for self defense Im very much in agreement with the statement that you will never see it coming and if you do the fool that will show it to you is much easier to disarm. This is why one should always be aware of their surroundings and sit with their backs to the wall. Now on the line of flashlights I can tell you first hand not much beats a whack in the scull from a 4 or 5 cell maglite. I get picked on all the time for having one around most of the time and people are so caught up in small led lights they forget what a formidable weapon a 5 cell maglite with batteries in it becomes.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast