Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Who carries a knife and what type?

This is a discussion on Who carries a knife and what type? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; What I'd like to get at some point. Though, I gotta admit, it's partially due to the badass factor. Really, ...

Full grown Puffer Fish ShaulWolf's Avatar

Re: Who carries a knife and what type?

What I'd like to get at some point. Though, I gotta admit, it's partially due to the badass factor. Really, I'll stick with my folding knives; I have more utilitarian use for those than a fixed blade at the moment.

Curious, anyone know where I can find a decent Benchmade folder that won't cost me a mint?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

I usually carry a knife for utility purposes as part of my leatherman. Comes in handy for cutting all kinds of things and as a "somewhat" screwdriver if needed. The other attachments get used but the knife seems to rule the day.

When I'm hunting I carry a different knife, one that's all purpose for gutting and skinning.

I don't carry a knife for protection. I have a tire knocker in my car and if I'm out and about I carry a an extendable baton.

No longer a community member.

Microtech UTX70 dual action OTF, its TINY, made of s30V steel, and i sharpen it every few weeks with diamondstones, It's insanely sharp and doesn't lose an edge very quickly.

Heres one in action, I have a Dual-Partially Serrated.

(FYI i live in NH, which as of last may or so removed all knife carry laws, so yes. this is legal. not when i visit the folks in Mass though! haha..)

its way too much fun to play with:
    YouTube - MT147-1 Microtech UTX-70 AUTO OTF 2.41 S30V Black Plain Double Edge Blade

picture of mine nubbin an oliva:

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Friday View Post
    CRKT M16

That was my edc knife for about 2 years, and I loved it. The size was great and it was wonderfully utilitarian. Sadly, I misplaced / lost / or probably had stolen about 6 months ago.

Since then, I've carried a SOG flash 1/2 serrated tanto point knife. The assisted opening on it is wicked cool, but it's a little larger than I thought it would be ( the downside of online shopping, not holding it before purchasing). Its also a bit more menacing and less utilitarian for all the things I use a knife for on a daily basis. The blade on this one is definitely geared more towards stabbing / fighting than a general all purpose edc. At some point soon I will replace it with a different knife, leaning towards the SOG Aegis clip point right now, but this time I want to see it in person before buying.

That which is falling, should also be pushed

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Fury556's Avatar

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Fury556's Avatar

Seriously though, a SOG Twitch XL

I love the spring assist.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Benchmade M2HS 710...

been carrying it for 10 years now....

But I'm Really interested in a Zero Tolerance 300, if it wasn't for that darned recurve blade I'd already have one.
    Whoops.... I meant benchmade Stryker 910 m2hs. You would think after so many years I would remember. LoL

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fury556 View Post
    That dude with sling shot is BAD ASS
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by foxracer72 View Post
    here are some that i already had pics of nowhere near my whole colection but you get the idea of my sickness
    Strider SNG

3" Hinderer

Custom Snody

another Snody
    How much was that thing? It's perfect for what i want in a daily carry (i need a *small* relatively hard use (i wont be using it like my scrapyard knives haha) daily fixed carry)

Newbie in the ocean

i always try to carry at least one knife my edc's are a case stockman, kershaw chill or skyline, or when i am feeling a little more daring a cold steel ak-47 1st gen

Kershaw whiplash

Case Sodbuster Jr. with farmer yellow handle. Also have yellow Case lockblade and Schrade Old Timer pen knife I carry sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
    I carry a Spyderco Police clipped on my pocket every day. Love this knife. Opens really easy one-handed and it's super sharp. I used to carry a Benchmade Emerson, but as soon as I got the Police that went into a drawer and hasn't come out since.
    Im just the opposite of you. I bought a Spyderco Police Lefty back in 97-98ish, carried it for a couple of weeks, then got my first Benchmade and never looked back. I hate the lockback in that style knife, and its heavy. Plus, the ATS34 and CM154A bladesteel used by Benchmade (at least on the pricier knives) is the best bladesteel avalible. Only downside it they require diamond stones to sharpen them.

Young Puffer Fish

I am currently caring a gen 2 3" Rick hinderer. It is by far the best knife I have ever owned.

Victorinox Swiss Army Knife, Explorer Plus, Boy Scouts of America logo. Guess I'm just not a badass.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast