Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Who carries a knife and what type?

This is a discussion on Who carries a knife and what type? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Since this is now the guns and knives forum I thought I would try to get the knife part rolling. ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Who carries a knife and what type?

Since this is now the guns and knives forum I thought I would try to get the knife part rolling.

So who on here always carries a knife and what brand, style or whatever else you have to say about it.

I always have a folding utility knife on my side, not to impressive but sharpening the blade is easy, just take it out and put a new one in. Not sure how it would do in a knife fight though.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

Re: Who carries a knife and what type?

I dont carry a knife on me all the time - but I was considering one to get thats smallish in size for protection.. any suggestions?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joncaputo View Post
    I dont carry a knife on me all the time - but I was considering one to get thats smallish in size for protection.. any suggestions?
    i would say it is all personal preference, if you don't want to have to open it then you might want to go with a dagger, I have a couple double sided blades, I keep one in my truck. If you want it to be right in your pocket then a folding knife is what you want for that. As far as brand I like almost all of the name brand knives. As long as it is sharp I would think most knives would work just fine for defense. Make sure you check local laws also because some might be considered illegal to carry.

I carry a Spyderco Police clipped on my pocket every day. Love this knife. Opens really easy one-handed and it's super sharp. I used to carry a Benchmade Emerson, but as soon as I got the Police that went into a drawer and hasn't come out since.

So many out there but I'm partial to my Kershaw Leek... The 3" is not to big not to small...Does evrything I need it to do. They do come in other sizes and I lke the assist built in...

Sodbuster junior with yellow composition handles and a Chrome Vanadium blade. Takes a wicked edge, and holds it.

Looking for a baby doc to use as a pipe companion at the moment, with the spatula and flat bottom, it could make a nice dottle scraper/tamper I'm thinking.

Full grown Puffer Fish ShaulWolf's Avatar

I have a couple things that I carry on me regularly. One is a Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops folder and the other is a CRKT Desert Cruiser. I usually carry the CRKT in my cammies and the SW in my civies. The only reason I don't carry the CRKT more is because it's a rather thick knife and gets to be uncomfortable with the Wranglers I wear.

SW Extreme Ops

CRKT Desert Cruiser

I carry an OldTimer with 3 blades. It is more of a utility knife. It keeps a great edge for a long time. I also have a spring loaded Gerber that my brother gave me from the army....I sometimes shave with it...

Lil Fish w/ Explosives bombsquadmike007's Avatar

Issued Benchmade, Mel Pardue auto opener.

Bombsquadmike, It is hard to go wrong with a benchmade. Probally the best knife I have ever owned..I lost the one I had...For some reason all the expensive knives I have ever had come up missing. I have had the Oldtimer for about 4 years now and never have missed placed it..

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

More pics please!

Are there safety courses for using knives for self defense ala guns or what?

I have a spyderco police, smith and wesson specmo, and a smith and wesson extreme op rescue.

I carry a Xikar Knife / Cutter ... I love it!

and whenever it gets dull, I can just take it back to the B&M that I bought it at, and they swap it out for a new one due to Xikars lifetime warranty policy!

Puffer Fish with some spikes foxracer72's Avatar

Every day without exception, as far as what knife well its hard to say because im a collector and have alot but im partial to my custom Emerson CQC-5
    ill try and get some pics of my collection in this forum soon.

Puffer Fish with some spikes foxracer72's Avatar

here are some that i already had pics of nowhere near my whole colection but you get the idea of my sickness
    Strider SNG

Emerson custom Reliant

Emerson custom CQC8

3" Hinderer

Custom Snody

another Snody

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast