Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Which 1911 to buy?

This is a discussion on Which 1911 to buy? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Flynhir Just picked up a Kimber Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace grips now that WI is ...

Maturing Puffer Fish stogiesn69's Avatar

Re: Which 1911 to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Flynhir View Post
    Just picked up a Kimber Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace grips now that WI is CC!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! nice quality, great gun
    I picked up the Raptor II earlier in the year and love it. I can't put enough rounds through it. The thing just points great and is a beautiful piece.

Looking at the Ultra Carry II maybe for me and as a carry gun for the misses.

I love a good 1911 and you can't go wrong with a Kimber, although there are many great manufacturers and guns out there.

Maturing Puffer Fish Buffalo Spirit's Avatar

I'm a big Springfeid arms, I took the basic pistol and had a Wilson trigger and hammer up grade. I changed the grips too, The factory grips were just too plain and ugly. The wood of choice is Cocabola. Wilson combat is another good maker, I saw a short time back that Ruger came out with their version of the 1911, S&W makes a version too.

Puffer Fish with some spikes smburnette's Avatar

I have to vote Kimber. I've had them all and none compared to my pro cdp ii.

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

My dream 1911 is an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. They feel so darn good in your hand. The trigger is so clean and crisp like breaking glass. One of these days you will be mine.

Ed Brown Products, 1911, parts

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

Im in the middle of a 10 day waiting period to pick up a Kimber, I love the things.

Kimbers are amazing. If I had the money I would own 2 of every one they make.

the only downside to kimber is it can be anywhere form a 3 to 6 month waiting period if you don't find one on the shelf.

As far as which one, what are you using it for.

If you want something for target it may be a real consideration to look at 9mm instead of .45ACP

Feel free to PM me about any questions on this too.

If you don't go kimber I also like colt. I don't own one but have shot 4 or 5 different ones. Never had any problems with them.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Gentlemen, you may smoke! Mike_E's Avatar

Hey Michael -
    Don't you just love this state's stupid 10-day waiting period and the damn handgun roster? Ughh!!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_E View Post
    Hey Michael -
    Don't you just love this state's stupid 10-day waiting period and the damn handgun roster? Ughh!!!
    It only makes me angry this time because I already waited 2 months (which is actualy on the fast side for kimber)

The 10 days normaly dosen't bother me that much.

What really just makes me wan't to move are the damn list and mag limits.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Tru

i love sti 1911's

MRH
    Young Fish

Nice looking weapons for sure

Young Puffer Fish

I have owned several and have kept a Kimber Custom Classic and a Rock Island Armory. The RIA has been just as good of a weapon to me as any high end 1911. I paid 389 dollars for it brand new a few months ago. I would like to think id never get rid of it.

I have gone through a number of 1911's and finally settled on 2. I actually liked my Kimber CDPII Ultra but not being able to CCW I just thought I might as well free up some funds for some tobacco. But the 2 I settled on keeping is my Springfield TRP Full Rail Operator and my Les Baer Custom Carry.

Maturing Puffer Fish Buffalo Spirit's Avatar

I think I want one of the RUGER 1911s . If not I read once upon a time a Norinco was/is a good gun to get for a custom project.

Kobra Carry if money is not a problem.

I own both a Kimber CDP Pro 2 and the Wilson Combat CQB compact. Without a doubt I would get another Wilson, but my everyday carry is the Kimber. Also I forgot to mention that my next pistol will be the Kimber rapter in the 3" barrel.
    Last edited by V-ret; 06-25-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: I'm a little slow. :/

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Deuce Da Masta's Avatar

Kimber

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast