Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Which 1911 to buy?

This is a discussion on Which 1911 to buy? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; It all depends what you want the 1911 for. 1911's have become so versitale. Do you want to carry, plink, ...

Re: Which 1911 to buy?

It all depends what you want the 1911 for. 1911's have become so versitale. Do you want to carry, plink, shoot comps.?? I own about 6 different 1911s for differnt reasons. To CA kid a 10 day waiting period for a gun SUCKS!! I love TX! I walk in to a gun shop fill out the paperwork and with my CHL its is a 5 min process to walk out with a gun

I have a Colt 1911A1. My grandpa bought it new in 1973, got sick, and it sat in his gun case until I picked it up one day. Only thing that was wrong with it was the extractor pin lost tension, so I replaced that and took it home! I was the first person to shoot it, and for a free gun, it's a great piece

Name:  colt 1911a1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  72.4 KB

I got a Tucker Gunleather IWB holster and magazine holster, and if I have it with me my KaBar is usually right alongside!

I think the real answer to this question is very easy..

ALL OF THEM
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by shootinmatt View Post
    I think the real answer to this question is very easy..

ALL OF THEM
    LMAO
    ^^^^^+1 It's an addiction. If you get 1 you will want them all!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJK View Post
    I have a Colt 1911A1. My grandpa bought it new in 1973, got sick, and it sat in his gun case until I picked it up one day. Only thing that was wrong with it was the extractor pin lost tension, so I replaced that and took it home! I was the first person to shoot it, and for a free gun, it's a great piece

Name:  colt 1911a1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  72.4 KB

I got a Tucker Gunleather IWB holster and magazine holster, and if I have it with me my KaBar is usually right alongside!

wow...how the hell do you keep your pants from falling down?

Quote Originally Posted by usrower321 View Post
    wow...how the hell do you keep your pants from falling down?
    Easy, a VERY sturdy belt. My belt (made by Tucker Gunleather) is just under .5" thick of solid cow hide with the rough side of the hide facing in, which gives some traction. I don't put the holster on the pants, it goes over the belt for support. And I think my Big-A$$ Texas belt buckle helps too. I'm also really skinny so my hip bone holds part of the holster up

Disinterested

Man, I can certainly vouch for Tucker Gunleather. I have three belts, 5 mag pouches and I don't know exactly how many holsters. I have an Answer, like yours, two HF1's and a bunch of others. The craftsmanship is second to none, customer service (IF you ever need it) is the best in the industry, plus they just look good.

I've got 2 Rock Island Armory .45 1911's in tactical and the polished nickle GI model, GSG .22 1911 in black, and I just purchase the Ruger .45 SR1911 and I love them all. If you get one it starts to multiply some how, be careful.

Tucker Gunleather is some of the best leather rigs around. Some real nice 1911's in this thread, keep'm coming.

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

My first, and currently only 1911 is my Sig C3, 2 tone, nitron & stainless/silver? With some cool rosewood USN grips that I found on Kimbers website.

I love this gun! Practically invisible when carrying (I IWB with either a king tuk or crossbreed). And it's more accurate than I'm capable of right now...

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Maturing Puffer Fish

There are way too many to give you a definitive answer. I would get a Kimber Custom II to start, it's a great gun that will give you a good basis for customization and will most assuredly act as a gateway drug to the higher end custom jobs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4