Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IPSC Match

This is a discussion on IPSC Match within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I shot my local IPSC match yesterday. They put on a hell of a match. Great fast and fun stages. ...

IPSC Match

I shot my local IPSC match yesterday. They put on a hell of a match. Great fast and fun stages. I only got to record one stage, and my camera man sucked. But check it out...

If anyone is interedted in doing stuff like this, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.
    And for those of you who think they "aren't ready", nobody is just try it!!

Re: IPSC Match

Dude that's awesome. I need a pistol
    Veni Vidi Vici

Disinterested

Thanks for sharing this. Around here, I get to shoot three matches a month; 2 IDPA and 1 USPSA. Lotsa lotsa fun.

Yeah, camera man sucks, but you look like you had a pretty good run. I'm seriously considering getting a hat cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. Around here, I get to shoot three matches a month; 2 IDPA and 1 USPSA. Lotsa lotsa fun.

Yeah, camera man sucks, but you look like you had a pretty good run. I'm seriously considering getting a hat cam.
    That was a good run I threw 3 C's and a D, the rest were A hits. I stumbled around the first corner but I saved about 2 seconds not running up to the port to shoot the last 2 targets.

Thanks for sharing
    Looks like a great time
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Disinterested

Nice. One thing that frustrates me about USPSA vs IDPA, is the small A-zone in the head. The entire head is a "zero" down (as it should be), in IDPA. The real irony is, the very place they perforate the "B" on the USPSA target, is the best kill zone on the head! Not sayin' a shot in they eye isn't likely to take care of business, but the nasal septum hit takes out brain stem. LOL!

And, you're right about your call to "just do it!" Literally the most fun you can have with your pants on and literally ALL skill levels are welcomed. On the whole, shooters are a more friendly group than cigar smokers, if that's even possible. Now, shooting cigar smokers? Wheee...

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    Nice. One thing that frustrates me about USPSA vs IDPA, is the small A-zone in the head. The entire head is a "zero" down (as it should be), in IDPA. The real irony is, the very place they perforate the "B" on the USPSA target, is the best kill zone on the head! Not sayin' a shot in they eye isn't likely to take care of business, but the nasal septum hit takes out brain stem. LOL!

And, you're right about your call to "just do it!" Literally the most fun you can have with your pants on and literally ALL skill levels are welcomed. On the whole, shooters are a more friendly group than cigar smokers, if that's even possible. Now, shooting cigar smokers? Wheee...
    Well I went to front sight in Nevada, and there are major differences between shooting a game and people... IPSC and IDPA are just games. They will help you if you ever get in a fire fight, but they aren't a fire fight... You don't learn cover in idpa you learn concealment (of yourself and the gun) and some of the rules of idpa are just goofy.. If you want to learn how to shoot in fire fights I highly recommend front sight, just don't ever buy a gun from them...

And yes quite possibly I'm the nicest person in the world. I'm a cigar and gun nut. LMAO

We've got a range that runs matches about 45 minutes away from me. I've wanted to get into shooting IPSC, but I don't have enough time for even semi-serious practice, or the amounts of ammo said practice takes, even at cost of loading my own... lol.
    Shooter. Gamer. Hunter. Father. Geek. Atheist. NRA Life Member 2011
    http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/de...mber=Dark+Rose

I need to acquire a 12 ga. and a 1911 so I can play 3-gun. Looks like a damn good run. Nice shootin'

Quote Originally Posted by zx7rider View Post
    I need to acquire a 12 ga. and a 1911 so I can play 3-gun. Looks like a damn good run. Nice shootin'
    3 gun is dangerous... That will take a hard hit to the wallet. I was going to shoot a big 3 gun this weekend up in Fort Worth, but my AR is in the shop getting the trigger leaned up and dropped down to 2#s
    These are a couple of the 1911's I use in different matches. I also have a Tru-bore open gun for 3 gun (I only shoot open class in 3 gun, go big or go home right??LOL)
    IPSC Match-1911.jpg
    The top one is really a 2011. It is a STI Edge. It is a double stack. In my big stick I hold 26 rounds, smaller only 22. It is the gun I used in that video. The bottom is my Sprinfield Armory Limited Edition 1911. I droppped the trigger to 2#s added a Dawson rail and a Sure Fire X200 light. It also has a Laser Max guide rod laser. I mainly use this gun for night mathes.
    Now for a 12 ga.. S12!!
    IPSC Match-s12.jpg
    I put a Magpul 6 position stock, a ploy choke and comp, and a Aim Point sight (It is a military only sight so don't go looking for one, sorry guys...). I had the trigger dropped to 3#s. I still haven't found a smith that will get it down to 2#'s like the rest of my guns... :-(

Enjoy the p0rn guys!!

I'm planning on a Para-ord 1911, full size. essentially an entry level comp. gun. and a H&R pardner with some goodies on it including a tube extension. I'm trying to sell my current ar to fund a build on a Les baer upper and lower with yankee hill and black rain ord. parts. Already have some nice magpul and MTI furniture to put on it. As far as ammo costs, reloading helps on that end.

I'm planning on a Para-ord 1911, full size. essentially an entry level comp. gun. and a H&R pardner with some goodies on it including a tube extension. I'm trying to sell my current ar to fund a build on a Les baer upper and lower with yankee hill and black rain ord. parts. Already have some nice magpul and MTI furniture to put on it. As far as ammo costs, reloading helps on that end.
    It does... Are you looking for a double stack Para? If you are going to shhot 3 gun, you should get a double stack. And watch what optics you use on your AR. Some optics put you in open class. If you are forced to shhot open break down and get a good race gun.
    Some of the rules are weird in 3 gun. Even if my S12 was stock out of the box, it's still an open gun...

I'll shoot whatever class I'm placed in. I'll be doing it for fun. If I'm competitive, that's all the better. I run flip up irons on my ar as well as an addition optic which, on the new build, will be on quick disconnect mounts so if it puts me in a class I really don't want to be, it can be gone in a second. I practice more with my irons than with my regular optic so that's not an issue either.

As for the pistol, I think a couple of long mags will suffice. I know not ideal, but I also want a single stack due to it will also run every day carry duty.

The 12 ga will also run home defender duty.

Everything has a purpose. Whatever I put on any of my weapons has meaning beyond 3 gun.

The only thing I want the doesn't have a specific purpose is the m1903 and the m1 garrand.

The only thing I want the doesn't have a specific purpose is the m1903 and the m1 garrand.
    History

IPSC Match-03.jpg
    I've got those too :-) My 03 is a hand down from my great uncle. He used it in combat it is an A4 model, but when he got home from from the war he sporterized it though. That hurts collector value but the sentimental value is a lot higher. It still has the original sniper scope from WWII though. The mount moves the scope. Which is cool in it's self, but the cooler part is that it's zeroed at 1000 yards. First time I shot it, it hit about 14 feet high at 100 yards. I never adjusted the scope, I think it is a lot cooler that way.
    My Garand is a never issued gun from 1944.

The link has the pic of my Garand, my Isreali K98 (I don't collect Nazi stuff), and my Ariska 6.5 Jap

I've got a Witness Elite Match that is supposed to put my in line to run Production IPSC out of the box, and I think it would, it's much better than I am, lol. Hence the reason I'm not running competition...

I have seen the 3-gun setups, and that's a LOT of gun money, and a LOT LOT LOT of ammo money...
    Shooter. Gamer. Hunter. Father. Geek. Atheist. NRA Life Member 2011
    http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/de...mber=Dark+Rose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast