Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pellet Rifle Recommendations...

This is a discussion on Pellet Rifle Recommendations... within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I agree with the above statement. While the benjamin company was bought out by crosman for the money the 392above ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

Re: Pellet Rifle Recommendations...

I agree with the above statement. While the benjamin company was bought out by crosman for the money the 392above and 397 are awesome guns. I recommend pumpers over springers anyday because they aren't hold sensitive and have variable power which is nice for neighborhood plinking. Look at steroid benjamins built by Tim mcmurr at mac1 airguns. They're a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by FWTX View Post
    Yeah Fuzz - that's what I'm asking about - and $150.00 is in the ballpark - is it a single pump - CO2?

(and I wont shoot my eye out!)
    single pump. I would venture to say that with the right scope this gun would be quarter hole at near 75 yards. I get decent groups with the iron sights. More than accurate enough for a dove or rabbit.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

A site that has some good deals, once you know what you want and can wait for it to show up.

Daily Airgun Deals from AirgunDepot.com
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

I was hoping that someone here could also recommend a high quality air pistol too.

Pale Horse

I have been using a Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk in .22 for 2 years and absolutely love it. It also comes in .177 if that's what you would prefer. I couldn't be happier with it.

Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk Air Rifle. Air rifles - PyramydAir.com
    Use promo code PYRAMYD-NRA for 10% off

I also highly recommend these pellets, I have found them to be very accurate and quite deadly for shooting varmints!
    Beeman Crow Magnum .177 Cal, 8.80 Grains, Hollowpoint, 300ct - air gun pellets

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    I also highly recommend these pellets, I have found them to be very accurate and quite deadly for shooting varmints!
    Agree 100% with this!

Alpha Puffer Fish

Loving it guys - I thought nobody cared about air rifles (or pistols) anymore, except for competition (read $$$)...
    Keep the suggestions coming - I see my ballpark getting a little larger - I mean, why pay $150.00 when I can get great for $???.??

So a pump pressures a chamber - and a springer sets a piston?

(I looked at the RWS 34)
    Last edited by FWTX; 12-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    I have been using a Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk in .22 for 2 years and absolutely love it. It also comes in .177 if that's what you would prefer. I couldn't be happier with it.

Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk Air Rifle. Air rifles - PyramydAir.com
    Use promo code PYRAMYD-NRA for 10% off

I shoot the same,in 177cal. feel the same as Aaron. I added an aftermarket trigger from "Charlie Da Tuna" made a great improvement. And mounted a different scope One with 1/8 minute clicks and a fine target dot.

Good Karma
    Tal~
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Pale Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Talon View Post
    I shoot the same,in 177cal. feel the same as Aaron. I added an aftermarket trigger from "Charlie Da Tuna" made a great improvement. And mounted a different scope One with 1/8 minute clicks and a fine target dot.

Good Karma
    Tal~
    I still have the stock trigger on mine but I have adjusted it pretty heavily. The factory trigger setting is fairly poor, but with adjustment it is actually really decent

Alpha Puffer Fish

WOW - seems John knows an elf - who knows an elf - that knows an elf - who snuck a peep at Santa's list and related that I would be getting a fine new BB gun for Christmas! YEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But doesn't know which model - keep tuned and I'll let you know...

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

My Sheridan .20 cal always did a good job.

for fun we have on of these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UbOCyMEFhyo

Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by OnePyroTec View Post
    My Sheridan .20 cal always did a good job.

for fun we have on of these. SMG 22 by Air-Ordnance.com - YouTube

looks like great fun - but - the fps must be low - what do they claim?

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

560 fps with the Co2.
    I do have HPA with a new higher output regulator I have not installed yet...

I have talked with a few other owners who have hit over 800 fps with HPA & simple mods, and one guy who hit over 1200 fps.

Luvin' me some Lagavulin billybarue's Avatar

Watch some "Tedsholdover.com" videos on Youtube. The guy is OUTSTANDING. Super entertaining and very informative.

I love his personal vendetta on Feral Pigeons, English Sparrows, and European Starlings. All invasive species and all open season all-year in, I think, every state. But most importantly, he is an encyclopedia of knowledge on air guns.

But I'm in the same boat - I don't have on yet, but will soon.

Cheers,

Joe (BillyBarue)

"A Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --- Thucydides

Young Puffer Fish

Well, I bought my second(first one was a shorter springer) Gamo, a Bone Collector .177 with its inert gas technology from the big WM a few months ago before I read all of the negative comments here and on many other forums(GTA). I didn't even look through the bundled scope. Mounted a Hawke Airmax EV 3-9x40 using a one piece Leaper's mount. Coated the screw threads with Loctite's blue STICK threadlocker including the screws that secure the stock. I also stuffed the hollow, synthetic stock with pieces of dense foam I took from an old boating vest.

That rifle allows me to hit tree rats in the head or heart pretty consistently. No, it's(and neither am I)not perfect but it's more than adequate as the dozens of dead nutters will attest to. Too new here to show pics but I have them��. The neighbors and my wife thank me.

Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2