Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New Marine Colt

This is a discussion on New Marine Colt within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; New Marine Colt Can't wait to hear the feedback...

New Marine Colt

New Marine Colt
    Can't wait to hear the feedback

An "oath" has no expiration date......

Re: New Marine Colt

I want one and I was never a Jarhead. I love guns that make big hole and run forever. Also glad to see Colt back in the game.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Wow... I want a day at the range with that beauty.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Now your talking from what i hear it costs the government about $1,900 a unit for the new firearm.
    That's very reasonable for a fully customized 1911 its for close quarters use.
    It appears the 9mm was not getting the job done just like the 38 from years ago it failed miserably.
    That was the reason for the adoption of the 45 A.C.P 1911.
    Funny with all the technology advancements in time the 1911 got the call again maybe it really is the ultimate man stopper!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

I love the 1911 but aesthetically I wish they'd bob the hammer.
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

That's a nice looking piece there! Only thing missing is an engraved 'EGA'. Wonder if the issue ones will have that, kinda like the Sig that the SEAL's use with the anchor on it...

LOVE 1911's! luv 'em, luv 'em, luv 'em!

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

The only thing I'd change is that damn accessory rail.

Other than that, I'd love to bang some steel with that bad boy!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Nice looking weapon, except for the grips! They look like an Indian blanket... Gimme some Hogue wrap-arounds instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BMack View Post
    I love the 1911 but aesthetically I wish they'd bob the hammer.
    Ah c'mon, Brian... Where's your sense of nostalgia? Call me old fashioned if you want, but I've never liked the bobbed hammer/hammerless look.
    Hangin' out with Friends

12,000 rounds and those little cracks appear what soldier is gonna fire that gun 12,000 times in his career!
    As the article i posted says it replaces the 9mm which many soldiers said was like shooting someone with a BB gun to quote them "The 9 mm has no balls"
    Besides those tests are under the worst conditions no cleaning lube break ins. In fact if i recall properly the polymer glocks melted during those tests that's why they went with the all steel 9mm Beretta!
    Jimi Hendrix

Just a side comment here
    Older 1911's were designed to put people down. They were not designed to
    "competition" accurate. That is why they lasted for ever. They were loose !
    Today, most 1911's are trying to get "competition accurate" on the cheap.

Carry On......
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    Nice looking weapon, except for the grips! They look like an Indian blanket... Gimme some Hogue wrap-arounds instead.

Ah c'mon, Brian... Where's your sense of nostalgia? Call me old fashioned if you want, but I've never liked the bobbed hammer/hammerless look.
    I like seeing a full hammer too myself but I like the way the H&K bob their hammer, it's smaller and mostly encased in the slide. The aesthetic thing I have for the 1911 is what it looks like when the hammer is cocked, I prefer it more stealth. I also find stupid things I don't like about everything because I'm a perfectionist so don't mind me.
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Puffer Fish with some spikes JoeT's Avatar

I just got out of the usmc several years ago so i didnt get the option to purchase it. My younger brother however is still in and just purchased his. Apparently they inscribe the name and current rank on the pistol. He is getting the .45 and he paid for it months ago so im not sure when he will actually receive it. Ill have plenty of time with it and ill let u guys know how it is when it comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    Just a side comment here
    Older 1911's were designed to put people down. They were not designed to
    "competition" accurate. That is why they lasted for ever. They were loose !
    Today, most 1911's are trying to get "competition accurate" on the cheap.

Carry On......
    I have to +1 this. My pre-70 Colt rattles when shaken. It is very loose. Could probably drop it in mud, shake it out, make sure there are no barrel obstructions and hit torso sized targets with no malfunctions.

Not so with my Bomar sighted Gold cup. It likes to be clean and well lubed.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do