Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

First Handgun?

This is a discussion on First Handgun? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by StogieJim 40 rounds are cheap? Good to know I def want to get a nice big home ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Arizona Dave's Avatar

Re: First Handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    40 rounds are cheap? Good to know I def want to get a nice big home defense gun if I get into this hobby like I think I will. S&W .40 might just be the the ticket! Man I hope they call tomorrow. Does CBI do background checks on Sundays? If so I GOT to get a call tomorrow. They told me 30 hours on wednesday!!!

PS, I looked at a desert eagle while at the shop, that thing is BEAUTIFUL!!
    Yeah Jim, you'll enjoy a 40. I'm not sure how they do the checks. Here in AZ, they run it through a data base, takes only an hour. Maybe you could follow up with them? Yes, you can get them for around 33 cents a round......cheap considering other rounds with the same ballistics.
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    David
    Would love to know where you are getting 40 cheap.
    I have many friends that own the 40 and piss and moan when they are buying ammo.
    Around here ( NH), it is about 40% more than 9mm and just under .45
    I know you can walk into wally world and get them around 33 cents a round. There's plenty of on line stores that sell in bulk of 200 rounds+. You should be able to get the price down. I'm surprised 9 mil is cheaper there? Strange. DHS ordered a boat-load of this round, and I love the caliber. Ballistics similar to a .45.
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank

David thats how it is in CO too, takes 15-20 minutes. They are at 70 hours now.

when i did my paperwork they said 30 hours. that was wednesday. everytime i call they say we'll call you when it's ready.

hmmm, the 40 at 33 cents a round isn't bad, i just wouldn't be able to practice much with it!! but I wonder if i get something like the sr40 next year maybe if I wouldnt need to practice as much with it as I'd have a year under my belt with the sr22. They are similar guns....
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Jim I talked to one of my dealer friends in Colorado and he said the state had a backlog of over 8000 background checks to run.

Bill, yea it's crazy man!

But...... They just called, "Hi Jim, your background has been approved" Time to go get my gun!
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

Ok so I'm gonna go pick this up after a few errands with the wife. Do I need to do anything to clean or lube before taking to the range? I'd like to go today

Also, I've been recommended the break free clp for cleaning and lube but it's a spray can? Is this ok? Any recommendations on cleaning products as I'm just gonna buy those today too.

I've read the hoppes 9 solvent and some oil is all I need. Is that right?

Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited!

Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    David thats how it is in CO too, takes 15-20 minutes. They are at 70 hours now.

when i did my paperwork they said 30 hours. that was wednesday. everytime i call they say we'll call you when it's ready.

hmmm, the 40 at 33 cents a round isn't bad, i just wouldn't be able to practice much with it!! but I wonder if i get something like the sr40 next year maybe if I wouldnt need to practice as much with it as I'd have a year under my belt with the sr22. They are similar guns....
    A .22 is definitely a great practice round. It seems to take forever to get through a 500 round box. Problem is lead build up, just clean good after shooting. Sounds like a plan Jim!

Hey Jim, Tanner gun show coming up in Denver the 29th and 30th. I plan on going Sat morning before work. A great chance for you to see and handle lots of (possible) guns for carry and for bedside for the house. Should be ammo there too.
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

Arnie,

i just blew the whole budget, probably can't even buy ammo Just found some winchester bulk box of 22LR 14 bucks for 333 rounds. I bought that and another 100 pack of CCI mini mags.

I might meet you up there though just to check it out! What time you heading over there?

Oh I gotta post some pics of the new gun, i bought a universal pistol cleaning kit, damn thing doesnt fit in the bore of my pistol! I tore the package open too, hopefully wal mart takes it back. I just oiled up the outside of the barrel and a few other metal parts, I think she's ready to shoot!

pics to follow once i log in to photobucket

OK check it out :

It sure does look good. Get out there and practice. .22 can be very deadly when mixed with accurate shooting.

Thanks Jeremy, that's the plan! Well the practice not the deadly force!

Can't wait to get firing with this baby soon

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10