Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pepper spray as a deterant

This is a discussion on Pepper spray as a deterant within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Video of a robbery thwarted by pepper spray. A wise choice in this case. Much better than using a gun. ...

Re: Pepper spray as a deterant

Video of a robbery thwarted by pepper spray. A wise choice in this case. Much better than using a gun.

Pharmacist sprays robber in face with pepper spray... meant for GRIZZLY BEARS - YouTube

In a deadly force situation the only effective protection is obviously a firearm. THE ONLY WAY to stop a man with a gun is another man with a gun or woman. That said in a non deadly force situation my weapon of choice is currently the tazer it works quite well most of the time in my department I'm one of two that the tazer doesn' t work on it will stop my momentum but not put me down and I've been exposed to so much CS that I can fight or shoot right through it. Just meant as a cautionary tail. Not bragging my buddy says if your dumb you better be tough.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

A long time ago I was on an NBC team, and gas while can help deescalate a situation, I have seen MANY
    fight right through it.......That said, I am thinking about picking up some gel and try it myself
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I have no idea how pepper spray will work on people, but here on the farm it does wonders with wild animals. Have not tried it on anything rabid thou. Nice and easy to hook on the belt before heading out to the back forty.

Thanks

I won't say anything on the less lethal vs lethal, but as far as pepper spray goes I like the blaster guns. There are a couple made by Kimber and Para. The Para blaster looks almost like a flare gun, and the kimber is like a stack of business cards. Just remember though don't spray pepper spray up wind...

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

pepper spray it may not stop but it might be a deterrent and maybe enough so that someone can escape that's why my wife carries some and a taser as well

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

The thing about pepper spray is that it dosn't immediately effect all the same way. Some will fall upon contact,on others it will take more time for the effects to take hold. But it will ultimately bring the pain.... With spray if you are hit when you are breathing in, you will flop like a fish. Spray gives you the ability to make escape. Spraying to make arrest there are other physics involved.

With foam (not sure if its available anymore) It comes out like silly string, and expands on contact,you want to target cheeks and eyes. The bodies natural responce is to wipe it away, but what happens is you drive it into your eyes. This stuff is the worse I've evr been dosed with in training.
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    Did you see the movie...'The Island of Dr. Moreau' ?

Dr. Moreau (Marlon Brando) claims to have successfully conquered the impossible: to introduce human DNA into animals, eliminating their baser instincts and thereby creating a supposedly divine human, free from malice and hatred. After many attempts, only one experiment was successful and now the unsuccessful ones are given drugs every day to keep them from regressing into their animal forms. They are also controlled with electrical shock devices to keep them in order.
    That is one of the creepier movies I have ever seen.

Don't get the foam or gel if you are going this route. Just the spray in the most powerful % you can get.
    The problem with foam and gels is that they can be flung back at you. The sprays are more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
    Don't get the foam or gel if you are going this route. Just the spray in the most powerful % you can get.
    The problem with foam and gels is that they can be flung back at you. The sprays are more effective.
    Same with Rogaine
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

You know as a Marine in basic training we went through the Mustard gas exercise!
    I gotta say it was bad but nothing that would incapacitate.
    And i think much worse than pepper spray!
    In closing i have to say Carry a firearm if you can!
    As the instructor at the range says!
    "Train hard stay strong and win the fight"
    You know my uncle Pat is 87 WWII vet carries a 357 Magnum!
    He complains about the weight but often tells the story of how he was visiting his brother Tony R.I.P!
    In Yonkers when a dark skinned fellow attempted to rob him at knife point!
    When he quickly drew his 357 Colt python.
    The gentleman immediately dropped his knife raised his hands and yelled no contest as he ran away!
    Try getting that from a can of pepper spray!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I've been OC sprayed during ASF training with the MA's. I've seen what it can do to most people, but when I got sprayed it didn't affect me like others. It burnt, but nothing too bad. The only thing it did was piss me off because it was gritty and it hurt to blink. I was still able to see fine, run through the course and slam the redman to the ground with absolutely no problems.

It could do a decent job of momentarily distracting a person which should give you just enough time to run away but I wouldn't put my life behind it because everyone handles it differently. Happy Hunting

Maturing Puffer Fish

My girlfriend carries the Kimber Pepper Blaster. Her and I purchase one for my sister for Christmas...best gift I could have given her (Safety is priceless).
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin.

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by V-ret View Post
    I've been OC sprayed during ASF training with the MA's. I've seen what it can do to most people, but when I got sprayed it didn't affect me like others. It burnt, but nothing too bad.
    Weren't we just talking about this the other day??lol!

BTW- really enjoyed meeting you & your bride that day, had a great time!

PS thx SO much for the Christmas present!!!

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Thank you for my present as well! I smoked the Flor De La Antillas today. I'm running low on them The wife and I had a great time and talked about you for at least a quarter of the ride back home. All good things I was nervous as hell because I've never been good at starting or holding a conversation with someone I've never met before. As long as I didn't bore you I will consider it a successful meeting.

To keep this on track I still need to test out that Taser I bought for the wife (no pistols at work). I think I need to be drunk before I do it though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast