Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Pepper spray as a deterant

This is a discussion on Pepper spray as a deterant within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Ummmm can I watch? Lol! Besides my EDC, I carry some OC spray especially at work when I go for ...

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

Re: Pepper spray as a deterant

Ummmm can I watch? Lol!

Besides my EDC, I carry some OC spray especially at work when I go for a stogie break. I work in a pretty bad neighborhood and have a lot of homeless and folks with mental illness around. Sometimes they get a little aggressive while panhandling, and unless they draw a weapon, I wanted a less than lethal force alternative to deal with them.

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Arizona Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shootinmatt View Post
    I won't say anything on the less lethal vs lethal, but as far as pepper spray goes I like the blaster guns. There are a couple made by Kimber and Para. The Para blaster looks almost like a flare gun, and the kimber is like a stack of business cards. Just remember though don't spray pepper spray up wind...
    Don't they make a "Bear size?" LOL, not very concealable though.
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank

Puffer Fish with many spikes Arizona Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    You know as a Marine in basic training we went through the Mustard gas exercise!
    I gotta say it was bad but nothing that would incapacitate.
    And i think much worse than pepper spray!
    In closing i have to say Carry a firearm if you can!
    As the instructor at the range says!
    "Train hard stay strong and win the fight"
    You know my uncle Pat is 87 WWII vet carries a 357 Magnum!
    He complains about the weight but often tells the story of how he was visiting his brother Tony R.I.P!
    In Yonkers when a dark skinned fellow attempted to rob him at knife point!
    When he quickly drew his 357 Colt python.
    The gentleman immediately dropped his knife raised his hands and yelled no contest as he ran away!
    Try getting that from a can of pepper spray!
    I can still smell that CS gas buddy.......once you've had a few (different times) occurrences.....never tried pepper spray. My wife used to carry it (an RN), but one day it broke open, and they had to evacuate the floor & call in hazmat team.
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank

I'm watching you.

Just for V-ret.

ETA: that video gets more funny every time I watch it!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

LOL

Mr. big man, tuff guy. 10 seconds...LOL

The only problem with a tazer like that is both darts have to penetrate. If one misses it doesn't work. You only have ONE shot to get it right.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    LOL

The only problem with a tazer like that is both darts have to penetrate. If one misses it doesn't work. You only have ONE shot to get it right.
    He is in a tee shirt in the winter with multiple layers of clothing tazers are useless many times a handgun round won't penetrate effectively.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Maturing Puffer Fish Maverick7232's Avatar

Ha ha ha, guess they didn't figure he'd fall that way.

Tony I know that's why you always double tap with one to the head, just incase he's wearing body armor!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7232 View Post
    Ha ha ha, guess they didn't figure he'd fall that way.

Tony I know that's why you always double tap with one to the head, just incase he's wearing body armor!
    There ya go leave nothing to chance its you or him!
    "Train hard stay strong win the fight"!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    There ya go leave nothing to chance its you or him!
    "Train hard stay strong win the fight"!
    Amen to that!

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Oh God! Thanks Jessica, if I wasn't nervous before...... Note to self gotta get this on video

I'm watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    LOL

Even if both darts don't penetrate correctly, you can complete the circuit with the head of the taser. As an additional take-down I've seen guys hit in the neck, back, or behind the knee to further cripple them.

And Jer, please DO video it! LOL
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3