Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

S&W M&P 15 22 purchase

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 15 22 purchase within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Well the mossberg tactical .22 was too cheapy for my taste with some issues. So, i went with a much ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes JoeT's Avatar

S&W M&P 15 22 purchase

Well the mossberg tactical .22 was too cheapy for my taste with some issues. So, i went with a much better quality rifle the s&w m&p 15 22. Im not done building it yet and ive got a few mods id like to do to it. Here are some pic.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: S&W M&P 15 22 purchase

You'll love it, Joe. Mine has been exceptionally reliable with all kinds of ammo. And just for fun, with no modifications other than reduced power hammer and trigger springs, I got it to work with a Slide Fire stock. Next step is to get the barrel threaded for my can (mine was purchased before they offered the factory threaded barrel.)

Pretty cool. Have fun with it and be safe.
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon500 View Post
    You'll love it, Joe. Mine has been exceptionally reliable with all kinds of ammo. And just for fun, with no modifications other than reduced power hammer and trigger springs, I got it to work with a Slide Fire stock. Next step is to get the barrel threaded for my can (mine was purchased before they offered the factory threaded barrel.)

I looked at the slide and it was pretty neat and its really funny because i know where they got the idea from. In paintballing the electronic guns used a switch for the trigger to fire. Well on semi mode if u held the trigger right the recoil of the gun was just enough to refire it's self making it seem almost full auto. They called it bouncing.

I think it would be fun to play with but first i want to get my trigger pull reduced. 6-7lbs is too high for my taste. Im not trying to get the trigger low enough for the slide mode but i do want it lowered and on a budget. I was looking at some of the drop in triggers "timeny i think" and i really dont want to spend 100-200 on a trigger. I also dont want to mod my current springs i heard too many cases where the pin isnt hitting the round as hard at times causing a no fire every now and then.

Can u help me out in that direction as far as the springs to get if they are much cheaper than spending 200 on a drop trigger? And im not familar with the reduced power hammer can u inform me and point me out in the right direction to get it done?

reduced power hammer and trigger springs, I got it to work with a Slide Fire stock.
    Ahh i figured out what u were saying reduced sping for the hammer? I thought the reduced power hammer was an actual part hehehehe.

Well i looked up springs and almost bought the jp enterprise 3.5t springs after taking apart the gun i realized i could do all this work free with some stones, polish wheels with polish, dremel, needle nose pliers, and some times i got it really nice. I was able to get all the tigger play out. I dramatically reduced the pull and the gritty feel on the trigger travel. Im sure i could reduce the trigger further but i dont want to have strike issues on the round with the pin.

I got a few more things i want to get for the gun then ill be done with it. Here's what im gonna get.

1. speed bolt release
    2. non rotating hammer and pins
    3. rail covers (dark earth color)
    3. ergo suregrip (dark earth) 4005de
    4. tactical flip up sights
    5. bipod

Maturing Puffer Fish

I used the JP yellow springs, and haven't had any issues with light strikes.

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

Awesome rifle, awesome buy! I love mine!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Very nice enjoy!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Thanks guys I love it so far.

@ cannon500 i saw where people that only replaced the springs with the jp ones and only received 1lb of reduced pull have u verified your trigger pull with the springs?

Maturing Puffer Fish

Mine is right at 5 lbs. I'm sure a little work with a set of stones could improve that considerably.

Mine is right at 5 lbs. I'm sure a little work with a set of stones could improve that considerably.
    Thanks for the info that helps!

Here is an up date!

Before

After

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Pretty cool

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

do you have a place to get spare 25 rd. magazines for it? EVERYONE I know of is sold out/back ordered.

Here is an update on my sear pin job that cost me 2 dollars instead of 32. I also got a few more parts for the gun.

Extended charge handle latch, sling mount and magpul flip up sights.

Quote Originally Posted by OnePyroTec View Post
    do you have a place to get spare 25 rd. magazines for it? EVERYONE I know of is sold out/back ordered.
    Nope im in the same boat as u and i cant even find ammo locally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast