Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

V-ret's Stun Gun Experiment

This is a discussion on V-ret's Stun Gun Experiment within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Full disclosure: I was pretty drunk last night when I decided to test this out. With that being said I ...

V-ret's Stun Gun Experiment

Full disclosure: I was pretty drunk last night when I decided to test this out. With that being said I believe I dropped the F-bomb at least twice and may have said one or 2 more swear words. Puff has new rules when it comes to video's and swearing, so I am only posting a link to the video. It is my intention to allow those to watch the video if they choose to, but if swear words are offensive than please only read my post and do not click on the video.

I recently bought the wife a stun gun (Vipertek VTS 388-1 / 8.8 million volts) and being the good guy I am I told here that I would test it out on myself to make sure that it would work for her. Normally the wife carries a pistol but her work doesn't allow her to bring it into clients homes. She mostly deals with older people who have less than 6 months to live so I'm not too worried about them, but since she has to drive from place to place and visit new clients regularly I felt it necessary for her to be able to protect herself in the event that she meets the wrong person while taking care of her clients.

The directions states to use it on certain places of the body for maximum effect. Those are upper arm, upper thigh, below the ribs, and the butt. This video only show the upper arm and stomach. But rest assured I tested all other areas as well.

- From what I found, the upper arm doesn't do nothing. It hurt and I felt my skin burning (smelt it also) but I was still able to talk and swing my other arm (like I was going to punch my wife )

- The stomach hurt like hell and made me want to instantly jump back but I think that if I was really pissed off I could have slapped it out of her hand while jumping back.

- Next we tried the butt. It felt like someone was biting my rump and I didn't care for it too much. It makes you want to get away quick but didn't really make me want to stop an attack.

- The upper thigh area sucked. My opinion is that if I was to have to use a stun gun I would hit them in the upper thigh. Out of all the areas we tested this one had the most affect. My leg went stiff and I had a hard time standing up. By that I mean one leg went stiff and the other went limp. Weird I know but I also stumbled and I have the feeling that if the wife would have kept it there longer I would have went down to the ground.

Now I still think that a shot to the neck or groin would be the best option but I'm not testing them areas on myself, but since I have an idea on how if feels I think I can assume that the back of the neck and groin area would be a great place to hit a person if available. If not I would go with the upper thigh area.

In the video my good friend and I begin to have a stun gun show down and begin to zap each other towards the end. This was fun and I'm glad I have friends that are willing to help me test products but remember we are trained professionals (Drunk clowns) so please do not try this at home. Your results may be different and electricity is not something you want to play with.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS VIDEO HAS A COUPLE OF SWEAR WORDS IN IT. If this would cause you problems in your home or work place please do not click the link below.

MOV00428 - YouTube <---- Click this to watch video

V-ret

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Re: V-ret's Stun Gun Experiment

Just a quick information thing.

Stun guns function through pain compliance. They can cause burns on the flesh. But they do not disrupt a persons motor skills or functions like a taser.

Tasers use a pulsing to disrupt your body's normal nervous systems signals.

A person on drugs or drunk will be eves less susceptible to a stun gun due to lack of pain sensation...

Just something to keep in mind, thanks for the video and info Jeremy.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Thanks David, that pretty much sums up my experiment. I have a nice burn on my arm but it didn't do what I thought it would do. I would have never known if I hadn't tested it myself.

I also think that I will trade in this unit and buy the wife an actual taser but I'll have to do some research before I buy one.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

So that's what you young kids do on the holidays LOL!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Bad news, Tasers are expensive and much more controlled in more states then stun guns.

Good news, if you ever have to deploy your Taser they will replace the cartridge for free if you provide a police report.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

I'm watching you.

Tasers are open and concealed carry permissible for ordinary citizens in Nevada for self-defense.

NRS: CHAPTER 202 - CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

I always knew you airdales were a little odd....LOL!

I think a taser would suit her better, less up close & personal. With a taser at least you have the distance for the darts to travel.

Funny video!

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Lol, my friend that was helping me test it is a MM so its not just airdales that tend to get crazy

I always thought these things were powerful and would stop someone, but since the test I have changed my mind. Still glad I did it.

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

Ya seeing that it wouldn't have slowed you down surprised me! That ain't good for a replacement for a CCW in a life or death situation. But it was a pretty dang funny video!

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!