Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cigar budget transferred to Gun budget?

This is a discussion on Cigar budget transferred to Gun budget? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I used this opportunity to sell my ar to a friend (and I didn't jack the price up for him. ...

Re: Cigar budget transferred to Gun budget?

I used this opportunity to sell my ar to a friend (and I didn't jack the price up for him. Sold it for the same number I told him 2 months ago) since I hardly shoot it. I sold him two boxes of ammo, I still have about 160 rounds left and a 12 pack beer box filled with empty brass. I know why, but it doesn't make sense to me that .223 demand has gone through the roof. There a lots of .223 bolt action rifles. There will always be .223.

There is no .223 on the shelves here, but tons of projectiles and powder. Time for the reloaders to make some cash...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Years ago they went after Ak-47's high capacity Magazines now its Ar-15's. I wonder how much of this translates into extra sales my guess all of it. Guns will never be abolished in America the Democratic republic. One nation under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
    Absolutely correct. I had 3 different military friends contact me about getting them rifles this week. It wasn't an easy hunt, but things are out there.

Pmags are great and what I use, but there are equally reliable mags available by H&K. They weigh about 5 times as much as a Pmag. That translates into 2 extra pounds when you put on a full combat load. I'd rather carry water than useless weight. Hell if anybody is that hard up for mags send me a PM. I might have some stuff in the boxes I haven't got to yet!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Maturing Puffer Fish Maverick7232's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
    I've been refraining from going to the gun store ever since the ban fever set in across the nation. I stocked up during the last election and told myself I wouldn't go into panic mode when the ball started to roll on the gun control bills. So far I've been able to stick with my plan however it is getting really tough to not go looking for the glock 20 I've always wanted but not really enough to buy it already.
    I walked into a gun shop up in Sacramento yesterday and watched this gentleman point to a shotgun, purchase it and said he had no clue how to work it, clean it or what type of ammo was best for defense. It's amazing what this mass scare has done to the price of ammo...it's to the point where I need to learn how to reload now because .40 s&w ammo is now $15+ a box of 50!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Absolutely correct. I had 3 different military friends contact me about getting them rifles this week. It wasn't an easy hunt, but things are out there.

Pmags are great and what I use, but there are equally reliable mags available by H&K. They weigh about 5 times as much as a Pmag. That translates into 2 extra pounds when you put on a full combat load. I'd rather carry water than useless weight. Hell if anybody is that hard up for mags send me a PM. I might have some stuff in the boxes I haven't got to yet!
    Will do thanks bro!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I'm watching you.

I was mixing hobbies and asking questions about ARs at my cigar club, and one of the brothers there hooked me up with his FFL guy that doesn't raise his AR prices unless it comes from the manufacturer-- never inflation. $900 seems like a decent price, and he offered to meet us at the range to boot.

That may be a few boxes of sticks, but it beats paying the price of my whole collection for just one!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Are you willing to sell or trade 4 the brass

If that comment was directed towards me^. Absolutely. Important thing you have to remember about this world. Everything is for sale, it just depends on for how much.

Send me a PM if you wish to discuss further.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Components,components,components..

Gotta feed into the next century what I have in the barn ..... If they (anti's) ever do get their ducks aligned all they need to do is start attacking components. ie Manufacture and sale of primers (or ignition devices) would be first to go. Military armories would provide the needs / supply for Mil and law enforcement.

So those budget Victor Sinclairs become more appealing
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2