Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cigar budget transferred to Gun budget?

This is a discussion on Cigar budget transferred to Gun budget? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I was just curious if anyone else is holding off on cigars and putting that budget into firearms. With the ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Questionablesanity's Avatar

Cigar budget transferred to Gun budget?

I was just curious if anyone else is holding off on cigars and putting that budget into firearms. With the threat of all the bans I transferred most of my cigar money (really any of my funds outside of bills and essentials) to getting what I could before I lost the freedom to get it. I used to go to my local at least once every three or four days and here lately I have been maybe twice in the last 4 weeks. The last time I stopped by I talked to the manager and he said he noticed some of his regulars had not been around lately. They had been busy with Christmas and everything, but some of the people who would come in a few times a week and only come in a few times lately. Of course I don't know why the others have not come in as much but I just wonder if it isn't concern over gun bans. Even my internet time has changed. I use to spend 90% of it on cigars and now it seems like I am spending 80% of my time looking at gun forums or researching laws and writing letters to Washington (that I am sure never gets read). Any one else in the same boat?
    Bring me my battle pants!

Full grown Puffer Fish TopsiderLXI's Avatar

Re: Cigar budget transferred to Gun budget?

I am partially with you on that. We have been going to gun shows and looking around a lot more than we ever have before. I am interested in an SKS but I was using my gun funds to upgrade my 500. Now I may switch over to get the SKS.
    Here, have a cigar. Light it up and be somebody.

Not so much guns, yet for ammo and clips. I have enought guns and am somewhat cantent with them. The only few guns I'd like to have won't ever be banned, but the clips yes.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Not really i have enough firearms and rifles and ammo.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I guess my problem is I had just started getting ammo and such around everything happening and had nothing. I really hope I'm wrong and everything will be for not but with two gun control bills already going to the senate sometime this month I fear a lot of things will not be available. There is even a chance anything semi-auto or with a removable magazine will be out including handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Not really i have enough firearms and rifles and ammo.
    There is no such thing

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

I'm just glad I have two separate budgets. Well, three budgets if you include the drinking budget.

I'm also glad that I'm not chasing AR's or .223/5.56mm NATO ammo right now. Take it from someone in the industry, the firearm market has gone crazy and it isn't just the black gun market. Right now if it goes bang people will buy it if they can't find what they want.

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

I've been refraining from going to the gun store ever since the ban fever set in across the nation. I stocked up during the last election and told myself I wouldn't go into panic mode when the ball started to roll on the gun control bills. So far I've been able to stick with my plan however it is getting really tough to not go looking for the glock 20 I've always wanted but not really enough to buy it already.

I saw this coming after the colorado shooting so I kinda dumped my bank account before everything skyrocketed haha, as well as years of setting back ammo and mags. The only thing I'm working on now is a 300 blackout upper, which is 90% complete. Cigars are a new hobby for me because I can no longer afford to keep buying guns

My little brother wanted to make a few extra bucks so he went aground town looking for 22 lr. He ended up buying the only 4 boxes he could find. He paid $40 for all of them at wallyworld, then went home and put them on a local gun enthusiasts Facebook page. He said he would take offers until nine that night and then sell them to the highest one. 4 hours later he sold them for $75. It is definitely crazy out there. 9mm, 40 s&w, and 22lr are all a very rare thing to find locally.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokebill View Post
    I'm just glad I have two separate budgets. Well, three budgets if you include the drinking budget.

I'm also glad that I'm not chasing AR's or .223/5.56mm NATO ammo right now. Take it from someone in the industry, the firearm market has gone crazy and it isn't just the black gun market. Right now if it goes bang people will buy it if they can't find what they want.
    Years ago they went after Ak-47's high capacity Magazines now its Ar-15's. I wonder how much of this translates into extra sales my guess all of it. Guns will never be abolished in America the Democratic republic. One nation under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

My Dad and I are thinking about buying a a case of .223. But we reload, so its not much of a big deal. We have enough heads, shells, powder & primers to last us for a while for our personal use.

I was offered $500 for a stripped AR lower last week. And I said no, but I have never sold a firearm related item that I got. Well, once, and that lower went to a good friend, his ser.# is one digit above mine.
    Getting crazy out there!

I'll never actually post my gun collection online, but lets say its a respectable amount

I buy guns and cigars throughout the year. My budget allows me to do this and the wife really would appreciate it if I spent more money on guns rather then cigars. Her reasoning is that guns last forever, cigars about an hour and a half.

Full grown Puffer Fish Don_in_Texas's Avatar

Not too much different on my end. I already had a good assortment of firearms to begin with. I picked up a Benelli M4 as a Christmas present for myself, but it had nothing to do with the current situation. I'd been wanting it for a good while anyway. I did have to do some searching to find a good supply of 3" 00-Buck, but managed to snag 50 rounds at a Walmart. I also reload, but not for shotgun.

My only knee-jerk purchase was yesterday when I ran across a couple of 20-round AR15 mags. $30 each for Pmags is kinda crazy but they seem to be like gold right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast