Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2nd Ammendment

This is a discussion on 2nd Ammendment within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Freedom of Predetermined Speech, Religion....! The right to bare arms but now own them! I just say let's repeal the ...

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

Re: 2nd Ammendment

Freedom of Predetermined Speech, Religion....!

The right to bare arms but now own them!

I just say let's repeal the 16th Amendment (1909) so the Feds can't touch my income. Americans problems all solved right there.

I'm watching you.

Holder can kiss my rosey red... You know.

The Supreme Court already ruled this as so. Obama's got to come up with a clever way around rescinding a constitutional amendment and the Supreme Court... oh yeah, his Executive Orders!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Puffer Fish with many spikes Arizona Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    Obama's got to come up with a clever way around rescinding a constitutional amendment and the Supreme Court... oh yeah, his Executive Orders!
    Biden just announced that the Pres. might rule confiscation with an executive order......
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank

Full grown Puffer Fish NavyPiper's Avatar

Molon Labe!

Strength & Honor,

Doc
    Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR, FMF/SW, USN SCC
    The Best part of the "Corps"- US Navy 'Corpsmen'! Devil Docs Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyPiper View Post
    Molon Labe!

Strength & Honor,

Doc
    Indeed! Molon Labe!

Article on executive order: http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...ns-153729.html
    Last edited by Arizona Dave; 01-09-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: deleted video, didn't work, used link instead
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank

Maturing Puffer Fish Maverick7232's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Dave View Post
    Biden just announced that the Pres. might rule confiscation with an executive order......
    Biden's an idiot....did you see that old man hitting on the women during the swearing in of the new members of congress? Can you say sexual harassment!! If something like this goes through, I'll just bury everything I own.

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

Who are they going to put in charge of confiscating all of the guns?? Our armed forces aren't going to act against their own countrymen and neither will most of the municipal law enforcement officers...maybe the TSA??

You can't circumvent the constitution by Executive Order. You can try but I really don't think it will stick.

God help us all if they do and I am not just saying that for dramatics.
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

Quote Originally Posted by tpharkman View Post
    I couldn't agree more with this statement!!!
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Quote Originally Posted by tpharkman View Post
    There's only 2 nations in the world (except Africa) I heard that they've already done this. What if some of the U.N. like China, Russia, and Europe and such were to be let in this country by executive order? ---definitely God help us all!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Questionablesanity's Avatar

I know this may be out there to some, but I believe if nation wide confiscation happened FEMA would be the ultimate ones in charge but the Chinese would be the ones going door to door. They already own us anyway. Just my crazy 2 cents.
    Bring me my battle pants!

MDS

Got my vote in! "YES"!

"A principal source of errors and injustice are false ideas of utility. For example: that legislator has false ideas of utility who considers particular more than general conveniencies, who had rather command the sentiments of mankind than excite them, who dares say to reason, 'Be thou a slave;' who would sacrifice a thousand real advantages to the fear of an imaginary or trifling inconvenience; who would deprive men of the use of fire for fear of their being burnt, and of water for fear of their being drowned; and who knows of no means of preventing evil but by destroying it.

The laws of this nature are those which forbid to wear arms, disarming those only who are not disposed to commit the crime which the laws mean to prevent. Can it be supposed, that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, and the most important of the code, will respect the less considerable and arbitrary injunctions, the violation of which is so easy, and of so little comparative importance? Does not the execution of this law deprive the subject of that personal liberty, so dear to mankind and to the wise legislator? and does it not subject the innocent to all the disagreeable circumstances that should only fall on the guilty? It certainly makes the situation of the assaulted worse, and of the assailants better, and rather encourages than prevents murder, as it requires less courage to attack unarmed than armed persons."

-- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book

Now if you read all that, Jefferson in his own words settles the case.

All you need to do is read my avitar Molon Labe indeed. This is one Law Officer who will refuse confiscation by any means. And I am not alone.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Alpha Puffer Fish

With all seriousness - the next amendment to the Constitution of The United States must be "Limitations of "Executive Order" by the executive branch"

Voted "Yes"

I hear from many people when discussing the 2nd Amendment: "Why would anyone NEED a gun like that?" Usually referring to an AR.
    My response is always that we do not need many of the God given rights granted to us, it isn't the Bill of Needs, it it the Bill of Rights!
    We do not need the 1st Amendment, but we have it so that we can be free to criticize the government.
    The Bill of Rights is necessary for FREEDOM, not mere existence.
    While the vast majority of people do not need an AR , that isn't the point at all. Sadly, the point has been entirely missed; or ignored, which is far worse...

I am continually amazed that free thinking folks would so willingly give up their freedom because they are emoting and not thinking. Slow down and think, people!
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

Removed per request

I'm an FFL (not my day job, just a secondary profession) so needless to say, I'm a 2A guy. The thing about this thread that really makes me smile, is that there are really only 2 forums I post on - this site, and a completely unrelated site that isn't about firearms in particular, but where personal freedoms and liberty are held in high regard, always with a strong support for the right to keep and bear.

I sometimes wondered if by visiting only forums where I agree with everyone, I was insulating myself from the reality of the world around me. Seeing this thread, however, has really warmed my heart - it's good to know that it's not just the "give me liberty" crowd I've been associating with who agrees with this fundamental right. So, to everyone who has contributed to this thread, thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast