Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bought my first pistol, can't shoot it, NO AMMO ANYWHERE!

This is a discussion on Bought my first pistol, can't shoot it, NO AMMO ANYWHERE! within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm a handloader (except rimfire) and this is the time when my hobby excells in leaps and bounds. Because I ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Re: Bought my first pistol, can't shoot it, NO AMMO ANYWHERE!

I'm a handloader (except rimfire) and this is the time when my hobby excells in leaps and bounds. Because I stocked up on componenets way before this first crisis. So my load costs are still a couple bucks a box for .223 and .45 However I'm not out burning ammo at the range like a wild man (those run and gun days are long gone for me). When bulk packs were vailable and affordable ($9.00) I would buy 2 boxes every couple of weeks when we went shopping at Walmart. I'm predicting this lack of ammo to continue until spring 2014... And higher prices will remain.

For practise shooting/hunting now's the time to think about air rifles, Not your typical kid offerings smooth bore 760 Crosmans etc. but break barrel piston springers. 177 cal and .22cal pellets. amazingly fast and accurate and lead pellts are plentiful.. I'm considering selling some stuff off to get funds for a PSP rifle the Airforce Condor is pretty sexy..
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Puffer Fish with some spikes JoeT's Avatar

Its a shot in the dark and better than nothing but i was lucky and found a few pawn shops in my area that get very small amounts of ammo and not many people go to them for that so i was able to pretty much get around 2k rounds between the 2 and avg 10cents per shot which could be much worse during this frenzy! Something u might wana check.

Smokin' Hog

Your local gun shop might be your best bet. Go make friends with the guy. Buy some things from him and let him know what you need. Cabelas, Gander mnt and Walmart are pretty much useless these days

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

There's some 22 l.R around didn't i give you this site already?

Shop Handgun Ammo | .22 Ammo | .22 Ammunition At Sportsman's Guide
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Jim, did you ever find any .22 ammo local?

We are in a small No.Cal. town right now, so we walked over to the local wallymart just to find ONE box of 50 basic .22's for a staggering $10 & change.

Hey guys,

Yea I've found a little bit but I've been diligent and going to Walmart like 5 times a week LOL.

I just bought a Glock 19 so now I'm on the prowl for 9mm as well Warehouse guy at work was selling it to fund an AK so he gave me a REALLY sweet deal on it. It had only been fired once.

Wal mart and such are putting restrictions on qty you can buy which is good as it prevents the first guy to see the delivery from buying it all. When I bring my wife on Saturdays for the "ammo hunt" we can both buy the limit.

I've done OK on ammo but man it's a bitch to find! I kind of don't want to even shoot what I have because then I'll have to go looking for more!

Jim
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

No longer a community member.

Walmart... I know when the shipments come in at my local walmart I am paying 46 cents per a round of .45 acp.. The key to walmart is just knowing someone who stocks the ammo that can give you a heads up on deliveries. I find myself with off duty cops waiting for ammo

http://www.gunbot.net/

There is a ton of .223 available btw... I wish I could get a 1000 rnd's for .45 I use .45 for the USC/UMP conversion and HK45CT... .308 ammo getting cheap... Hopefully they will over produce and there will be a surplus once this stuff passes... With a 25 rnd mag in a HK USC / UMP I can blast through couple of hundred rounds for lunch... The dillon presses are also on back order...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-24-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2